Whos a better seller, Kobe or Lebron?

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by W Alston

Originally Posted by KingJay718

The Kobe IV did sell really well in NYC in 2009.    

Really? Source?

Every colorway that released prior to the Fall of '09 eventually sold out.  I don't count the gradient, Phila, or/and Spidey colorway that released in Fall '09

You do know that suggesting this is not proof of anything, correct? Do you have anything as what was pictured, showing the LeBrons in front, anything that shows that what you are stating is fact? I'd love to see it!

Show me something like this, or direct me to it, thanks!

November 2010)
[table][tr][td]NIKE[/td][td]1[/td][td]M NK AIR MAX LEBRON 8 BLK/RED/WHT/MTGLD[/td][td]$157.14[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]2[/td][td]M AJ JRDN RETRO 9 BLK/RED/CHAR[/td][td]$139.47[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]3[/td][td]M AJ AJF 10 WHT/BLK/STEEL GRY[/td][td]$138.88[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]4[/td][td]M AJ JRDN RETRO 2 BLK/WHT[/td][td]$133.84[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]5[/td][td]M AJ AJF 4 BLK/RED/STEALTH[/td][td]$148.18[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]6[/td][td]M AJ JRDN RETRO 9 WHT/RED/BLK[/td][td]$144.53[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]7[/td][td]M AJ JRDN TAKE FLIGHT WHT/BLK/RED[/td][td]$147.90[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIKE[/td][td]8[/td][td]M NK HYPERDUNK 2010 BLK/BLK/GRY[/td][td]$117.07[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIKE[/td][td]9[/td][td]M NK HYPERDUNK 2010 WHT/BLK/MTSLV[/td][td]$112.45

[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIKE[/td][td]10[/td][td]M NK HYPERDUNK 2010 WHT/NVY[/td][td]$113.73[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

W. Alston and K Town Trash, not sure where you are from, but I'm from where the where it (Nike) all began, the world headquarters of Nike is.  With that said I get that directly from the people that are involved.  As well check any Niketown and they'll tell you the same thing (unless you get one of the workers who have no idea which one is which, and believe me it happens)!  Lol!  Besides just pay attention to whats going on around you and you would see this. 

Nobody is wearing these shoes. Not those from last year, nor this year. As I stated, I live in Greenwich CT, and they don't even sell them here. The closest store that does is in Stamford CT. They do not even sell them in Portchester NY, which is right next door to where I am. I am involved with AAU ball, and I've seen two people wearing them out of 10 teams. I saw Rice High in Harlem NY with them, but they got them for free.

I'd love to see some stats as to where they are selling! The Eastbay stats are very telling!

Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

W. Alston and K Town Trash, not sure where you are from, but I'm from where the where it (Nike) all began, the world headquarters of Nike is.  With that said I get that directly from the people that are involved.  As well check any Niketown and they'll tell you the same thing (unless you get one of the workers who have no idea which one is which, and believe me it happens)!  Lol!  Besides just pay attention to whats going on around you and you would see this. 

Nobody is wearing these shoes. Not those from last year, nor this year. As I stated, I live in Greenwich CT, and they don't even sell them here. The closest store that does is in Stamford CT. They do not even sell them in Portchester NY, which is right next door to where I am. I am involved with AAU ball, and I've seen two people wearing them out of 10 teams. I saw Rice High in Harlem NY with them, but they got them for free.

I'd love to see some stats as to where they are selling! The Eastbay stats are very telling!

The Kobe VI's didn't release until December though so of course they aren't in that November list. I think Kobe's are more of a west coast thing, period.

I see Kobe's all the time in california, but no one here can even recognize that my entourage's are a Lebron shoe until i tell them it is.

I mean, the V1 was a great looking sig shoe for lebron this year, but the V2 and V3 were much more generic looking and had too much of the same "look" that other Nike basketball products have.

I also can't see the Kobe VI selling well in the colder parts of the US, such as NY or even parts the mid-west because they look better with shorts if worn casually.

The Kobe VI's didn't release until December though so of course they aren't in that November list. I think Kobe's are more of a west coast thing, period.

I see Kobe's all the time in california, but no one here can even recognize that my entourage's are a Lebron shoe until i tell them it is.

I mean, the V1 was a great looking sig shoe for lebron this year, but the V2 and V3 were much more generic looking and had too much of the same "look" that other Nike basketball products have.

I also can't see the Kobe VI selling well in the colder parts of the US, such as NY or even parts the mid-west because they look better with shorts if worn casually.

In Canada it's pretty rare to see either. In those Sole Collector videos of Tinker talking, how he was talking led me to believe Kobe's did better for the company, but I guess he was mostly talking about a performance/technical aspect.

In Canada it's pretty rare to see either. In those Sole Collector videos of Tinker talking, how he was talking led me to believe Kobe's did better for the company, but I guess he was mostly talking about a performance/technical aspect.

Im not sure which sells better but I cant pick a favorite personally! Love them both.
I know NY loves them some Lebrons though lol.

Im not sure which sells better but I cant pick a favorite personally! Love them both.
I know NY loves them some Lebrons though lol.

Originally Posted by engoi

http://counterkicks.com/2010/12/09/top-100-best-selling-basketball-shoes-nov-2010/

(November 2010)
[table][tr][td]NIKE[/td][td]1[/td][td]M NK AIR MAX LEBRON 8 BLK/RED/WHT/MTGLD[/td][td]$157.14[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]2[/td][td]M AJ JRDN RETRO 9 BLK/RED/CHAR[/td][td]$139.47[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]3[/td][td]M AJ AJF 10 WHT/BLK/STEEL GRY[/td][td]$138.88[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]4[/td][td]M AJ JRDN RETRO 2 BLK/WHT[/td][td]$133.84[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]5[/td][td]M AJ AJF 4 BLK/RED/STEALTH[/td][td]$148.18[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]6[/td][td]M AJ JRDN RETRO 9 WHT/RED/BLK[/td][td]$144.53[/td][/tr][tr][td]JORDAN[/td][td]7[/td][td]M AJ JRDN TAKE FLIGHT WHT/BLK/RED[/td][td]$147.90[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIKE[/td][td]8[/td][td]M NK HYPERDUNK 2010 BLK/BLK/GRY[/td][td]$117.07[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIKE[/td][td]9[/td][td]M NK HYPERDUNK 2010 WHT/BLK/MTSLV[/td][td]$112.45

[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIKE[/td][td]10[/td][td]M NK HYPERDUNK 2010 WHT/NVY[/td][td]$113.73[/td][/tr][/table]

Eastbays Top Seller Spring/Summer 2011

http://blog.stack.com/2011/06/01/springsummer-2011-top-selling-sneakers-on-eastbay/

1.Nike Air Griffey Max II – $140
2.Reebok Zig Pulse II – $80
3.Nike Free Run + 2 – $90
4.adidas ClimaCool Ride – $90
5.Nike Zoom Kobe VI – $130
6.Nike LeBron 8 PS – $150
yea and that top one is before Kobes dropped. didnt they drop late december this year with the grinches which wasnt a GR?

Originally Posted by engoi

http://counterkicks.com/2010/12/09/top-100-best-selling-basketball-shoes-nov-2010/

(November 2010)

Eastbays Top Seller Spring/Summer 2011

http://blog.stack.com/2011/06/01/springsummer-2011-top-selling-sneakers-on-eastbay/

1.Nike Air Griffey Max II – $140
2.Reebok Zig Pulse II – $80
3.Nike Free Run + 2 – $90
4.adidas ClimaCool Ride – $90
5.Nike Zoom Kobe VI – $130
6.Nike LeBron 8 PS – $150
yea and that top one is before Kobes dropped. didnt they drop late december this year with the grinches which wasnt a GR?

I almost never see anyone wear either casually, but kobes definitely outnumber lebrons on the court

I almost never see anyone wear either casually, but kobes definitely outnumber lebrons on the court

The gym I play at in the bay area is about 10-1 favoring kobe.  Only seen LBs a couple times.  15% of the players I'd say wear Vs or VIs

The gym I play at in the bay area is about 10-1 favoring kobe.  Only seen LBs a couple times.  15% of the players I'd say wear Vs or VIs

Im basing my thing from the 2 leagues and the all the basketball courts that I've been too in my area within 50 mile stretch so no one kill me. Taking out all the peeps that wear the D. Rose/adidas, reebok or Jordans, majority of peeps here in NJ (union/elizabeth area to piscataway) wear Kobe 6's...honestly I only seen 2 people were the 8's to ball and both of em are bigs (6'6 and above). Dunno how that correlates to the whole US, but just stating how it is over here.

Im basing my thing from the 2 leagues and the all the basketball courts that I've been too in my area within 50 mile stretch so no one kill me. Taking out all the peeps that wear the D. Rose/adidas, reebok or Jordans, majority of peeps here in NJ (union/elizabeth area to piscataway) wear Kobe 6's...honestly I only seen 2 people were the 8's to ball and both of em are bigs (6'6 and above). Dunno how that correlates to the whole US, but just stating how it is over here.

Back
Top Bottom