Who's been to Montreal?

So I'm moving to Montreal for the next two years...
what should I expect? I'm learning french btw

Don't really need to know french, everyone speaks english for the most part.
Girls are on point.

Don't drive anywhere around Quebec, and go to Costco for beer.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

the girls are so nice

pimp.gif

expect bad drivers... everywhere.
- Crescent Street is a pretty good spot for the night-life.
Busy bars and what not.

i went for a weekend in late 2008 and felt like i was in france.
i thought it was going to be more americanized being so close to the border, but i was wrong.

crescent st and i believe st. laurent was a good time.

i really wanna hit up toronto.

last time i was in montreal was about 11 years ago.
the only thing i remember was going to the mall and they had these dope spawn comics, so my bro and i popped a squat and started reading away
owner of the store came in running like somebody got shot: "THIS ISNT A LIBRARY, BUY.....OR BYE"

Originally Posted by jmedora

Girls are on point.

You need to speak French. It's Montreal. It's a french town.
Anyway, you'll have fun. Check out all the festivals we have (Just For Laugh is the s*ht
happy.gif
)

And yes, girls are hot! Lot of diversity
smile.gif

I've been going there 3 times a year since I was 10 and then 5 times a year since I was 18. Love the girls there. If your black and love white girls then you're have died and gone to heaven. Snowflakes are on point and love black dudes too. But yeah its a funny city. I don't speak French but the majority of my fam that moved there have learned it. Only like #0% of the people I've met didn't speak any English.
The thing I always remember from being in Quebec city at like 10 years old was all the stop clubs in the area LOL. It was crazy and sometimes you'll see lines to get in (dudes and chicks). I remember one street being like this.....toys r us, then a stripclub (the name was like "octopussy" too LOL), then a gap, and then another strip club lol

Girls are on point.

Whats wrong with Quebec?? Is it the Snow?
nerd.gif

i was there in 08' to see the F1 gran prix, it was awesome. the metro stations over there are spotless compared to nyc. you can basically eat off the floor haha. 

i thought they didn't like it, if you can't speak French

like, you get treated differently, poorly in some sense. thats only what i've heard

and yes girls are on point, cause they French.

its Hockey, hockey and more hockey. then some soccer in the mix with the Montreal Impact. CFL season is starting soon too, so maybe catch a couple Alouettes game

Originally Posted by ebpo

Girls are on point.

You need to speak French. It's Montreal. It's a french town.
Anyway, you'll have fun. Check out all the festivals we have (Just For Laugh is the s*ht
happy.gif
)

And yes, girls are hot! Lot of diversity
smile.gif

loved the city, the underground city comes in handy when the weather gets chilly up there! i concur about the women, whatever your flavor, you'll be good! and you definitely don't need to speak french, it would help, but you'll be alright without it

Drove in for a day last October while in Vermont.

HATED IT.

Went to the city, no place to park, everyone spoke french, traffic everywhere, all roads were under construction, street signs are way too small.

Back
Top Bottom