Who's buying NBA League Pass this year? All 30 teams or 5 teams?

Which cable provider gives the most HD games? I'm sick of Comcast only giving one HD channel... and it's always the weakest game on that channel.

Xbox app will carry all games in HD. You will also be able to do a split screen and watch two games at once.

Hey guys, I'm debating what package to buy:
$179 Mobile/Broadband/Cable All 30 Teams
$119 For 5 Teams
I live in South Florida so I get all the Heat games.
EDIT: Code is only for International League Pass, which is $220 :x
I found a 15% off code, but I don't know where to input it.
NBAP15GTX354
LMK what you guys have picked based on previous experiences and what not.

Thanks for the 15% off code!!!! :wink:

I've been getting LP the last couple years. Just saw the commercial yesterday, about to pick it up either today or tomorrow. I have Directv. Every game was in HD last year if i recall correctly..

Hey guys, I'm debating what package to buy:
$179 Mobile/Broadband/Cable All 30 Teams
$119 For 5 Teams
I live in South Florida so I get all the Heat games.
EDIT: Code is only for International League Pass, which is $220 :x
I found a 15% off code, but I don't know where to input it.
NBAP15GTX354
LMK what you guys have picked based on previous experiences and what not.

I live in Canada and international legue pass for us costs $100. You could purchase it for $100 also if you change your proxy settings on your browser to a Canadian proxy (it's free and easy). Let me know if you need help setting it up. I use a German proxy so I can watch Raptor games which are blocked out in Canada.

Im about to try this NBA League Pass on the XBOX to make sure everything is in HD. If it is I have no problem dropping the dough. I couldnt bring myself to pay that much if it was just 1 game per night in HD. That SD life is a no go anymore.

If they are all in HD and they dont black out Knicks games (Im in CT, I still dont know why Comcast blocks them) then this will be my first year copping.

I don't think lakers games are going to show up on league pass. I could be wrong... but that new contract that they signed with Time Warner cable really limits the viewership on non-nationally televised games.

International league pass in Europe is $220.....for like 5% of the time where you get to watch games live.... sorry ill download the games for free if i want to watch them THE NEXT DAY!

Maybe if it were for $100 it would be worth it but ill prob just pay to view xmas day live games and maybe the all star weekend until the playoffs start.

I don't think lakers games are going to show up on league pass. I could be wrong... but that new contract that they signed with Time Warner cable really limits the viewership on non-nationally televised games.

Lakers games will still be on NBA league pass unless you live in the LA or SoCal market. Norcal Lakers' fans are good to go. :smokin Lakers fans in SoCal markets have to have TWC or cable provider that has worked out a deal with TWC.

Laker games are not blacked out, I've watched all the Preseason games this year on league pass. They will be blacked out if they are locally televised in your area. If that's the case, you can use a proxy on your browser to an area they wouldn't be locally televised (i.e. Chicago).

Same goes for you Alleniversonfan. If you guys need help doing this, just let me know.

Any word on if there's more HD channels yet? i got it a few times but I'm done. Some games looked worse than an illegal stream.

Im about to try this NBA League Pass on the XBOX to make sure everything is in HD. If it is I have no problem dropping the dough. I couldnt bring myself to pay that much if it was just 1 game per night in HD. That SD life is a no go anymore.
If they are all in HD and they dont black out Knicks games (Im in CT, I still dont know why Comcast blocks them) then this will be my first year copping.

They may consider CT to be in the so-called New York "media market". After the Sonics left Seattle, the NBA decided Seattle was now part of the Portland market, so Blazers games are blacked out here lol.

Already is, I just got the update for the new Dashboard and search it in apps. It's :smokin
MeloFan, I'm going to need a Proxy 101 from you. 8)

What browser do you use? If you use firefox here's what you do:

1) Go to www.hidemyass.com and click on IP: Port Proxies
2) Search for proxies in Germany or some other major European country and look through the list for proxies that have a good speed and good connection time
3) Copy the proxy and note the port number
2) Click on the firfox tab at the top of the browser and select options
3) Click on the advanced tab and select settings

It should show you this:

4) Select manual proxy configuration and paste the proxy in the HTTP Proxy box and the port number of that proxy in the Port box
5) Unlike the picture above, do not check the box that says Use this proxy for all protocols (if your games for some reason are still blacked out then check that box, but most likely you wont have that problem)
6) In the box that says No Proxy For, make sure you enter the following: localhost, 127.0.0.1,www.neulion.com,www.nba.tv,www.nba.com
(Neulion is the software that league pass uses to stream games, so you need to make sure you enter it in that box)
7) Click ok

Your gonna notice your internet is going a little slower but you have to bare with it until you sign in on league pass and select the game that was blacked out for you before. When you get to the league pass site, all the prices will be listed in Euros, which means the site traced your IP address as some country in Europe. Sign in and watch any game that was blacked out for you normally. After the stream initializes and the game starts up, go back to the firefox settings and erase the proxy number and port and select use system proxy settings but do not erase the box that says No Proxy For. (this will make your stream go according to your own internet speed. But make sure you don't switch between games, close that tab, or refresh the page because they check your IP when you sign in and when the game initializes. Basically you need to select the blacked out game when your proxy number and port is set to the European one).

If you guys use chrome, let me know and Ill show you the steps. Sorry for the long description, I wanted to be as detailed as possible so you guys can watch all your home teams. Shout out to the dudes on raptors realgm fourm who helped me discover this. Have fun.

Mods, if this is inappropriate let me know.

Last edited:
I purchased the mobile version last year when the price dropped to $25. The clarity was so awesome that I knew it was a must have for seasons to come. Yesterday I copped the Mobile version again for $50. Hopefully it has the same picture quality as before. It used to be SO annoying when a game was blacked out b/c of NBA Tv which I don't have.

I've never heard of the xbox app that you all keep mentioning. I don't have an xbox so it doesn't matter.

I would but Blazer games are blacked out and I have Direct TV which doesn't show them either. I freaking hate Comcast and their monopoly on the games :smh:

I would but Blazer games are blacked out and I have Direct TV which doesn't show them either. I freaking hate Comcast and their monopoly on the games :smh:

There's a CSN channel for Oregon though. They show every Blazers game.

The Xbox app is going to have all games in HD? How much is Xbox Live Gold hittin' for these days? I need Gold in order to get league pass, right?

The IP thing is only going to work if you have the broadband pass. I dont think theres any way to get them to stop blacking out the games on my actual cable box. But if there is a way to spoof my IP on the XBOX someone is going to have to hook me up with that just incase they want to black out Knicks games still. But It looks like all games are in HD on the XBOX app so that is most likely a go this year. Plus while I was messing with it yesterday it looks like you can go side by side with 2 games. So thats a nice little feature too. This app might be the goods. Much better than the actually ordering it through Comcast from what I can see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom