Who's the most lyrical southern rapper ever? Past n Present

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

3 Stacks

Jay Electronica is up there too.
Jay Electronica has like 5 songs total.  Let that dude drop some albums first otherwise the only thing he's the most of is dragging balls.

Like everyone said already, 3 stacks or Scarface.

3 Stacks for the older cats, Krit as far as the younger generation.

Ross shouldn't be mentioned. There's at least 10 ppl in front of him when it comes to lyricism in the south.

scarface.jpg

vintage 3k & cee-lo,i'll put them up against any artist lyrically period not just the south,not saying they will beat everyone,but will def hold their own.

Surprised no one has said Lil Wayne yet. He deserves some mention for what he did in the mid 2000s back when he was actually nice.

lol gotta show em this thread, i knew there was no way ross was the most lyrical i dont really listen to southern rappers but i knew there had to be a couple rappers infront of em

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Outkast
T.I
Killer Mike
Luda
Scarface

there are more but those are off the top
I like this list.
But of course who can tell OP is a new cat....I'm just sayin

Originally Posted by Antidope

Surprised no one has said Lil Wayne yet. He deserves some mention for what he did in the mid 2000s back when he was actually nice.

I must have been in a coma in the mid 2000's because I would never put Lil Wayne & nice in the same sentence.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Antidope

I must have been in a coma in the mid 2000's because I would never put Lil Wayne & nice in the same sentence.

I don't know man Wayne use to go off frequently on the SQ tapes

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Andre 3000, K.R.I.T.

this this this this
you really dont need to say much else.

as far as old heads i would put bun b up there. as far as new heads i would say the second best lyricist (no one is close to touching krit) is yelawolf. all it took was his verse on the big krit hometown hero remix for me to be convinced. 

oh and jackie chain. 

Back
Top Bottom