Whose buzz was Bigger Juvenile in 98-00 or Lil Wayne right now?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Both had a crazy buzz, it's a toss up if you ask me.

Wayne, more for the fact you saw him more an he was on more features. Back then Cash Money Records wouldn't allow their own artists to collab with peopleoutside the label.

It's not even close. The Hot Boys collectively? Maybe/probably, but Juvey himself? Not even in the same ballpark.

Yeah Wayne probably wins by an inch, it's a closer comparison than you make it out to be. 400 Degress had 3 #1 hits.
I swear if I asked 2004 50 cent vs Present Wayne? most of you would still say Wayne.

I was like 11 when 400 Degreez came out... that album changed my life.

Sadly, I wanna say that Wayne's buzz is bigger now just b/c he can put out garbage music and these kids still swear it's the hottest %$*% ever. I'mpretty sure his rock n roll album will do great numbers.

Juvenile's buzz was more than justified... dude came outta nowhere with a unique sound that set the world on fire. I still have yet to consecutive albums Ilike more than 400 Degreez and Tha G-Code

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I swear if I asked 2004 50 cent vs Present Wayne? most of you would still say Wayne.

No I would say fif... but this purposed question it has to be Wayne by a long shot. Everything he does is certified gold, as wack as it may be, you can'tdeny that they keep coming back like heroin addicts.
smh.gif

When in 98-00 did you ever see Juvenile as a guest host on ESPN??

There's your answer right there

lol *@%...wayne is a crossover artist and he's about to drop a rock album and no one is questioning it.....juvey had a helluva year and really put on cashmoney..it would be nothing with without 400 degreez...but wayne's level of popularity is on the level of eminem, 50, jay and snoop in their primes whenthey were that premiered featured artist touching everything and making it go gold.

You guys do have some good points. But I guess Lil Wayne's timing played a big part in his success. During Juve's day there wasn't youtube andworldstarhiphop, and it was almost taboo for white girls to listen to rap.

Juve sound more records but Waynes buzz was 1 million times larger.

You gotta be crazy as hell to think other wise.

Originally Posted by bibby2peja

Juvies catalogue>weezy catalogue

Not at all sir. Juvie only had one good album the rest where alright nothing specail. Wayne had 2 great albums though and the rest alright 1 horrible and Iain't even talking Carter III. 500 Degreez was some straight bullgive.
sick.gif
I still curse the day I copped that album.

Wayne was bigger nationally and internationally. But as far as in the South, it's a tossup. You have to remember that Southern artists weren't gettingthe recognition that they get these days.

Juvie came out of no where, 400 degrees went 4x plat. Weezy has been spittin everywhere, and the carter III is 3x plat. Of course the rap scene has changed,and records where selling back then. Those where the days when I use to go cd coppin' every Tuesday. I can still play Juvie all the way thru, unlike thecarter III. Props is due to Weezy for the mil in a week. I know deep inside Weezy, his main goal is to out sell 400 degrees, it's the top selling album inthe Cash Money collection.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Juve sound more records but Waynes buzz was 1 million times larger.

You gotta be crazy as hell to think other wise.

Its not even close either. Wayne is hot as hell right now whether you like him or not.

Wayne without a doubt...and I used to get it in to Juvie back in the day. But Lil Wayne is like a pop icon now...my grandma knows who he is. Juvie? Not somuch.

Back
Top Bottom