:: Why are drugs illegal but abortions aren't? ::

Originally Posted by Nako XL

while a logical argument, people are foolish if they think legalizing drugs will eliminate the black market or the crime associated with it.

as long as competition exists there'll be a black market.
I usually agree with you, but I think you're wrong here. How many dudes do you see selling alcohol nowadays? During the prohibition, therewere tons.

RKO2004 wrote:
TBONE95860 wrote:
cartune wrote:
Because abortions dont kill people
indifferent.gif

Yes they do

That baby you kill could be the next Barack Obama..... but you didn't want to have your "mistake"

TBone I like you.
laugh.gif

Abortions are a touchy subject. I don't agree with them on the surface cause of people trying to cover their mistakes. When it involves rape, it really is touchy
grin.gif
. But as for people covering for their mistakes, I totally disagree. Take responsibility like you did when engaging in the act.

How the hell is when it involves rape, it is touchy? She wanted to get raped? When it is incest is it touchy?

TBone the consequences of banning abortion is 600,000,000 times worse. You hate welfare, that will go up immensely w/out abortions. Also the alreadyovercrowded foster care and group homes will now have millions of more kids that will be neglected. Sure they will be alive but there life will suck prettybad. Lose-lose on the outcomes.

Personally I wouldn't want the mother of my children to get an abortion BUT if everyone who gets an abortion every year doesn't then the world would beoverpopulated quickly. I do believe there needs to be a limit on how many abortions you can have, but I still want people to have that option.

Best combatant is have more sex education and treat the students like adults and not kids on this subject to prevent the amount of unwanted pregnancies in highschool, college, and the few years after college (which are the highest frequency).

On to the drug part this is an ACTUAL touchy subject. The only reason there is a drug trade is because it makes profit. No profit= No drug wars. You don'tsee wars over alcohol anymore after we re-legalized. But then there comes the problem do more people get addicted? If they become addicted it is someones fault(along with the person who got addicted, for essentially allowing it) how do we help them when they want help? Or do we pull the chair out from under them andsay nope we won't help?
Marijuana is easy, just legalize it. The rest I don't know. But the problem with it is the profit margin is high (no pun intended) with the more risquedrugs.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by cartune

indifferent.gif

Yes they do

Oh my god I agree with TBone about something. As a Christian, i do believe abortion is killing a life. BUT those are MY beliefs and not every woman's soI'm very much pro-choice.

Originally Posted by Essential1

RKO2004 wrote:
TBONE95860 wrote:
cartune wrote:
indifferent.gif

Yes they do

That baby you kill could be the next Barack Obama..... but you didn't want to have your "mistake"

TBone I like you.
laugh.gif

Abortions are a touchy subject. I don't agree with them on the surface cause of people trying to cover their mistakes. When it involves rape, it really is touchy
grin.gif
. But as for people covering for their mistakes, I totally disagree. Take responsibility like you did when engaging in the act.

How the hell is when it involves rape, it is touchy? She wanted to get raped? When it is incest is it touchy?

TBone the consequences of banning abortion is 600,000,000 times worse. You hate welfare, that will go up immensely w/out abortions. Also the already overcrowded foster care and group homes will now have millions of more kids that will be neglected. Sure they will be alive but there life will suck pretty bad. Lose-lose on the outcomes.

Personally I wouldn't want the mother of my children to get an abortion BUT if everyone who gets an abortion every year doesn't then the world would be overpopulated quickly. I do believe there needs to be a limit on how many abortions you can have, but I still want people to have that option.

Best combatant is have more sex education and treat the students like adults and not kids on this subject to prevent the amount of unwanted pregnancies in high school, college, and the few years after college (which are the highest frequency).

On to the drug part this is an ACTUAL touchy subject. The only reason there is a drug trade is because it makes profit. No profit= No drug wars. You don't see wars over alcohol anymore after we re-legalized. But then there comes the problem do more people get addicted? If they become addicted it is someones fault (along with the person who got addicted, for essentially allowing it) how do we help them when they want help? Or do we pull the chair out from under them and say nope we won't help?
Marijuana is easy, just legalize it. The rest I don't know. But the problem with it is the profit margin is high (no pun intended) with the more risque drugs.

Because some women choose to keep the baby. Thats why I said its touchy for me because thats one where I would leave that up to the woman. Cool you'rejets. All e-upset. Chill out. The best combatant is people taking more control over themselves. Yes sex ed is needed to educate people but you can have all thesex ed in the world and people will still screw up.

http://niketalk.com/topic/177534
Man Eat's His 4 Year Old Son's Eyes

^this alone is enough to keep me on the side of drug prohibition for hardcore drugs.
sick.gif
I wish you didn't post that again. That story pissesme off beyond belief everytime.
tired.gif
But yeah you're right though. Thatstuff happens too often.

You guys remember the pic of dude with his face ate off or something? Wasn't He on PCP or something?

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Nako XL

while a logical argument, people are foolish if they think legalizing drugs will eliminate the black market or the crime associated with it.

as long as competition exists there'll be a black market.
I usually agree with you, but I think you're wrong here. How many dudes do you see selling alcohol nowadays? During the prohibition, there were tons.
It really depends how much they tax drugs or what they do with drug dealers/growers. You take a drug dealers drug's away and he has to turn tosomething else to make money.

You know guys, abortions USED TO BE illegal. It was overturned in Roe v. Wade because it violated a woman's "right to equal protection under the lawin the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness" AKA the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment. Also the Supreme Court decided that it's still awoman's choice to abortion up until about the 7th month, because this is when the baby could technically be born and viably live outside the womb. Just alittle information for you guys.

Originally Posted by SPEAKdaTRUF

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

When you come up with a resolution to drug trade, cartels, overdoses etc. then let us know.

legalize it.
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]nope that wont solve the problem of the drug trade...people arent gonna go fromgov't taxed weed[/color]

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

[h3]Why are drugs illegal but abortions aren't?[/h3]
money.

Yea that's exactly why. America doesn't want to reek the benefits of taxing marijuana and making money off the drug every college studentin America uses.

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

When you come up with a resolution to drug trade, cartels, overdoses etc. then let us know.

legalize it.
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]nope that wont solve the problem of the drug trade...people arent gonna go from gov't taxed weed[/color]
buddy, if you legalize it the price skyrockets down (even with govnt taxes) and the quality is gonna be amazing. to prove your point wrong, howoften do people buy blackmarket liquor...?

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

legalize it.
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]nope that wont solve the problem of the drug trade...people arent gonna go from gov't taxed weed[/color]

You're wrong. Do you see people still buying moonshine after the 21st amendment was ratified? Maybe people would still buy weed off one another, but asanyone who's been to a medical club can attest to, the quality of legitimately-supplied weed trumps the quality of that found almost anywhere else.Furthermore, in drugs that can easily be cut (almost any drug besides marijuana), you would get pure drugs rather than a mystery cocktail of the drug you want,cutting agents, and possibly other substances as well. This means 100% purity and knowledge of exactly what dose you are consuming.

Drugs cause harm to the person and if under the influence harm to others.

Abortions dnt hurt nobody but something that isnt living.

Dirtylicious wrote:
Man Eat's His 4 Year Old Son's Eyes

^this alone is enough to keep me on the side of drug prohibition for hardcore drugs.

A ghastly story and a weak argument.

- Alcohol causes many instances of child abuse but society generally understands that when alcohol was treated the same way as certain narcotics, it causedeven more harm.

- Take any story about drugs causing violent behavior with a pound of salt. Many stories about LSD, mushrooms and marijuana causing violence turned out to beurban legends or fabrications. If they were true, it almost always is the case that the drugs were the catalyst that made an already violent or suicidal persondo something tragic.

To those who say that, legalization will lead to a hoard of high drivers, you do realize that DUI laws can still exist. Also, prohibition has not exactlydone a great job of keeping drivers who are high off of the road anyway. In fact, if the experience with alcohol is any guide, we can expect less drivers whoare under the influence of drugs to be out and on the roads. Prohibition actually caused a higher rate of public drunkenness compared to when alcohol waslegal, it would be not be surprising that less people would be high in public and driving under the influence.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Abortions should be for rape victims not for females who don't use condoms

you know men can use condoms to right? and they do break...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by drock2010

Abortions should be for rape victims not for females who don't use condoms

you know men can use condoms to right? and they do break...
laugh.gif
Yeah its the dudes fault too my bad

Can you imagine how screwed up the united states would be if abortion was never legalized?

A lil bud doesn't hurt anyone

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by theHBkid

the banning of drugs started in canada when opium was huge in the west coast by chinese immigrants. it lured many white girls and in exchange for sex, they would receive opium and this caused a disruption in communities. so theres a big part as to how it started to become illegal, it was originally to stop chinese men from reproducing with white women. Laws 1000 ftw

Link to back this claim up?
I learned that in my textbook and Laws 1000A class at Carleton University. I'm asian btw. it caused a huge disruption so Sir Robert Bordensent people out west where it was happening to see what was going on when Chinese busineses were looted and vandalized but came back with news about thesituation between the chinese men and white females. Borden looked into it and banned Opium, the first drug to be banned in Canada. take it for what its worth.

Back
Top Bottom