Why are sportswriters calling Mike Beasley a bust?

Dude is getting 13 and 5 a game in his rookie year. Honestly, I did expect a little more, but he's far from a bust. The only 4 currently in the leaguethat put up major stats his rookie year was Tim Duncan and he's the greatest to ever play the position. Look at the rookie stats from these cats below andtell me Mike's numbers aren't in the same category.
[table][tr][td][/td] [td] Points[/td] [td] Rebounds[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Lamarcus Aldridge[/td] [td] 9.0[/td] [td] 5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Amare Stoudemire[/td] [td] 13.5[/td] [td] 8.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Rudy Gay[/td] [td] 10.8[/td] [td] 4.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Chris Bosh[/td] [td] 11.5[/td] [td] 4.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Kevin Garnett[/td] [td] 10.4[/td] [td] 6.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Josh Smith [/td] [td] 9.7[/td] [td] 6.2[/td] [/tr][/table]

I feel like some people just wanna hate on dude.

I think they thought he would make a bigger impact then he was cause other rookies are, in time he will be a monster.

There were stories last year that he was putting up 20/10 a game with it looking like he wasn't even really trying...

I guess people thought he would make a bigger impact but I think he's done just fine so far
d3d16a1e8251e84eb6a58cb8e8d8a91bb16bf0a8.gif
d3d16a1e8251e84eb6a58cb8e8d8a91bb16bf0a8.gif

i expect more contribution from him during the 2nd half of the year. By next year, he'll be a solid sidekick to D-Wade

Pat Riley knows what he is doing and he is holding him back for a reason. Dude JUST turned twenty, once he starts to mature a lil' bit more he will bedominating thie league for a long, long time.

Honestly, I am getting SO damn sick of espn and every other media figure in sports these days. It seems like everyone has an opinion and 90% of the time, theysay shocking things just to get attention, but boy does it grind my gears (peter griffin)

13 and 5 are solid numbers for a rookie. especially a rookie on a team with 2 all-star options ahead of him. Sports writers just need something to talk about.

who called him a bust? obviously somebody who doesn't watch basketball.

i just watched him ball out in the Heat-Bulls game with ease. dude will be a BIGTIME player within the next 2 seasons. i'll put money on that.

I've never heard anyone call him him a bust.

As for why he isn't a factor like Rose/Mayo. Just look at his minutes. I dare someone to tell me that if he didn't play 37 minutes a game that hewouldn't have higher averages than the both of them.

i think the thread starter is referring to what simmons said today. i dont think he used the word "bust" but he called him disappointing or somethinglike that. anyway i think he just meant that hes not showing dominance like everyone thought he would.

He still has the ability to be better than Rose. Right now long term Rose>Beasley, but Beasley's game is really just so complete. These PG county boysis too skilled, he and Durant. Those 2 will be top 10 players in this league very soon.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

I've never heard anyone call him him a bust.

As for why he isn't a factor like Rose/Mayo. Just look at his minutes. I dare someone to tell me that if he didn't play 37 minutes a game that he wouldn't have higher averages than the both of them.

Exactly
Rose and Mayo are each at 35+ mpg. Beasley? 24...

How's he supposed to put up consistent #s when he is playing 35 minutes one night, 10 the next? If Marion is moved or he gets better minutes somehow,trust the numbers will be there. Looking at the game logs, he's had 11 games of 15 minutes or less.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom