Why did the Taylor Swift & Kendrick Lemur albums come out on MONDAY instead of TUESDAY?

MAN THIS HAS BEEN BOTHERING ME ALL DAY

ANYBODY KNOW WHY THEY RELEASED TODAY OFFICIALLY INSTEAD OF THE USUAL TUESDAYS?

Wish we had a sub-forum where we could discuss sounds made in combination in order to produce a composition having unity and continuity.

Remember when Jay dropped on a Friday :nerd:

usually when an album drops on a friday it is to fight the leaks and have it out on sale asap, i think 50 cent did that with the massacre as well.

Sound scan

can you explain further? the soundscan week opens on tuesday and ends on tuesday with reports being published on wednesdays.
i don't remember the last time 2 major albums had an official monday release date for weeks/months ahead.

Taylor Swift has some balls to disrespect the music industry tradition by releasing on a monday. Its honestly disgusting and I cant believe people support her
she should have known kanye was gonna spontaneously jump on stage at any moment and she had the gall to try to accept an award while he was trying to speak Pathetic

taylor swift went gold in three days..

pimp.gif

she's expected to sell over 1 million for the week.. 
sick.gif

The Industry is switching to majority digital distribution

When they relied mostly on physical sales stores stocked the albums on Monday's.

Since a lot of mom and pops and other record stores were closed on Sunday to give everyone the same release date they set releases on Tuesday.

Now that physicals are only being shipped to a hand full of stores (Target, Wal Mart & Best Buy) which are open on Sundays and do midnight deliverys they can have the albums fully stocked across the board on Mondays.

Plus Mondays are a good day for ecommerce being that a lot of sales happen during the work day.

Back
Top Bottom