Why did the Vince Carter line fail?

^^^
roll.gif
why so serious.

Originally Posted by djaman

It seems like Vince-hate gets way out of hand. I see why the line got dropped, but I wish it didn't. I personally like each VC I-V to some extent, though the II's and III's were amazing.
Vince Carter also was gonna wear the shox VI, and everyone i forgetting it.. they changed the name at the last minute to Nike Shox Leapers andthey dropped the vince line.. if it continued the shox leapers would've been his

2hi7yxc.jpg

Shox just didnt do as well as Nike hoped, and that was the time when Vince's career kinda started to go downhill with all his injuries. he kinda fell offas a fan fave

His line failed because he stopped dunking, he stopped jumping over people. He became a sissy. Every once in awhile he shows a glimmer of what he used to do,but yeah, the whole nike shox thing, doesnt really work with a guy that dont wanna dunk anymore. Gotta show people why they work. Anyone can shoot jumpshots inany kinda show, but you can dunk over 7'2 guys in nike shox.

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

Originally Posted by bohrdom

Originally Posted by kidslikekix

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

^I think a majority of people have said that. (With a few taking shots at VC)

And yes, Durant is the other one that has his own kicks as of this moment.

And if people are think Vince got salty at this, he really hasn't.

At one of the Season ticket holder events, I asked him quickly about his sigs and he said it is what it is. He thought of going to another brand again or overseas but felt that he was at his best wearing Nike and being loyal to them.

Again, like I said, a change in his game and a shift in age was one of the reasons the line was stopped.
I don't think Vince is upset with losing his sig deal. He still gets free shoes from Nike and they are player exclusives.

What people need to know is that Nike is am image brand. To get a signature shoe, you need to be playing at a certain level, and maintain it. It has nothing to do with age. It has to do with your play. With Vince not showing up for a few playoff games and his inconsistency at times, he lost his deal. Hey, Vince is a great player but he is not in the same league with Lebron, Kobe or Wade, Chris Paul. And I am calling it out now... Carmelo will be next to lose his signature deal with Brand Jordan. He will probably still be a Jordan athlete, but won't have his own signature shoe. Carmelo is a great player no doubt, but he is not in the same league as Kobe, Lebron, Dwayne Wade, or Chris Paul. Chauncey goes to Denver and now they are the second seed in the West. And it is Chauncey that is mentioned in MVP talks, not Melo. Unless Melo's game drastically changes next 2 seasons (like Dwayne Wades did this season) Melo's shoe line will stop at 5 or 6.

bro, you might be right. i've heard some rumors on my end as well....

but that not only has to do with his play on the floor.. dude is attracting a lot of bad things and that doesnt help him either.. he'll be dropped so fast, who cares if he is melo? he wont be on JB, look at Randy Moss.. all the talent but lot of bad news. JB will not live long, if CP3 is the only one with a signature shoe.. all jordan can live on is retro's and those idiots that buy team shoes and fusions
Brand Jordan will do fine just with CP3 as the only signature athlete. They don't really need another one. This is as long as CP3 stayshealthy and continues to play at a high level and help out the community. But It would be interesting to see another signature athlete on BJ.

I hated the first joints except for these:

898d_1.JPG

LOVED the II's for balling. And the IV's were straight, too.

Back
Top Bottom