Why did they go to such great lengths to try and destroy the black man?

Originally Posted by just reason

1. why was it cool(if it is still not that way)) to sit in the back of the bus(i'm guilty myself).. i remember during k-12 it was cool to sit in the back of the bus but yet rosa parks and ancestors fought to sit wherever they chose. so are you to guilty?

2. is commercial hip-hop the evolved form of blackface and minstrel shows?

... don't put too much trust in obama.. and the revolution will not be televised
1. i think that just has to do with being young and not wanting to be near the bus driver so you can do stupid stuff...when i rode the bus all thebad kids wanted to sit in the back...my bus was 99.9% white so it was all white kids in the back...i dont' think its a black thing...

2. no...lotta people seem to be thinkin anything comin out of the south in a minstrel show cuz they are havin fun dancin...

Originally Posted by LB510

eek.gif
18 pages I have a lot of catching up to do

I honestly believe that the reason we're deprived of our history; is because history builds confidence. If I told you that your ancestors were worthlessslaves or the town idiots and my family made great strides and somehow changed the world, you'd feel inferior to me. But If I told you that your ancestorsconsist of great warriors, inventors, scientist or people that changed the world, then you'd feel equal to me or greater.

Originally Posted by just reason

The sad fact is that Willie Lynch was so successful in his letter that whites don't have to do nothing like go to great lengths.. they easily sit back and watch us blacks destroy eachother. (crabs in barrel... teach them to hate eachother)
Slavery will always plague the mind of african-americans or should i say american-africans because africans don't consider us.i sadly know plenty of people in college and adults themselves who can't tell you anything about africa from resources, to kings or queens.. they didn't even know egypt was in africa....
In order to get out this mold they have instilled/brainwashed us with.. we need to find our identity.. go back to africa for a generation or two.. find out about our history..
ie.. the beliefs of stereotypes.. blacks believe it's cool to be gangster.. only care about black history in february.. sports, drug and entertainment no cam.. afraid of being smart and/or illiterate

my two questions..
1. why was it cool(if it is still not that way)) to sit in the back of the bus(i'm guilty myself).. i remember during k-12 it was cool to sit in the back of the bus but yet rosa parks and ancestors fought to sit wherever they chose. so are you to guilty?

2. is commercial hip-hop the evolved form of blackface and minstrel shows?

... don't put too much trust in obama.. and the revolution will not be televised

Actually, the Willie Lynch never exist during the time of these "letters"; making this a hoax. However, the dialogue of the letter in itself describethe tactics and practice of many white Euro American slave owners during the 300 years of slavery.

marmourjr ftw
smile.gif

just reason, your second question is a great one!

i dont believe that commercial hip hop is an evolved form of blackface and minstrel shows.
During the Woodrow Wilson era of American History, racism and the murder of black men and women ran rampant throughout America simply because of the racistbeliefs of the president at that time.
Minstrelsy was a live form of entertainment that was created and perpetuated by mainstream America; the stereotypes perpetuated by the cartoons and other showsof the time (step and fetch-it, for example) were not created by BLACK AMERICANS, but instead reflected the desire for white america to justify theirmistreatment and prejudice towards black americans. If america acknowledged the humanity of black americans, they would have found it hard to mentally justifytheir racist practices and beliefs. Ever read "To Kill a Mockingbird?" This American classic was written during this time, and clearly demonstratesthe point im making here.
Hip hop, commercial or underground, was an artform created by black americans....dj kool herc, run dmc, and ll cool j helped to lay the groundwork necessaryfor the acceptance of hip hop into mainstream american culture. Despite songs like "do the stanky leg," (lmaoooo) there is still an element in hiphop that reflects black american's need to express their hardships (physical, emotional, and spiritually), and make their story felt and heard. This majordifference between hip hop and minstrelsy is what keeps hip hop legitimate for so many 30 plus years after its creation.

Some people are so paranoid and uncomfortable in their own skin.

History paints a picture of West Africans being abducted by slave tradersof the Eastern world. These slave traders had the means (Force, fire arms, ships, andorganization) to capture the Africans.

What is history hiding?

then how come it was also africans selling africans to europeans? yeah the slaves were sold to go and work as slaves in america, but african tribes took theirenemies and sold them as slaves. africans making deals with europeans for weapons and giving them slaves in return.

But what is an african american? african is black, american (historical) are white, either (italian, like columbus) or british like the colonies. and where doyou think your last name came from? if it was a family name, then looking back at the owner that kept your ancestors as slaves.

it's just a shame that only in black communities/suburbs they sell guns, liquor, drugs... you don't see none of that on wallstreet or beverly hills.most people that do because of our own hand..

Back
Top Bottom