Why did Youtube have to become so crappy?

swendro

formerly swendro88
You guys notice how Youtube is kinda ****** now?

- Vids refusing to load past the first ten seconds.
- Vids only playing in 144p. Why is 144p even an option?
- Vids re-buffering when you click back to a previous part of the video, even if the vid is fully loaded.
- Vids just crashing for no reason.

I miss the old days when youtube videos would just play hassle free. Now it chaps my ***. I blame Google. Chrome's getting ****** now too.

I'll hang up and listen.

Last edited:
7-google-logo-style.gif

- Vids re-buffering when you click back to a previous part of the video, even if the vid is fully loaded.

I miss the old days when youtube videos would just play hassle free. Now it chaps my ***. I blame Google. Chrome's getting ****** now too.

I'll hang up and listen.
the most annoying thing ever because our 4g wifi at work is balls since we're underground. And I get that random stopping (not buffering) somewhere in the middle of the video often and I have to refresh then ffwd back to that point or sometimes dragging the progress bar fwd or back works

I also hate how google search changed to no longer allow you to turn filtering completely off

Last edited:
None of these things have happened to me except when im on mobile occasionally

Lucky I guess.

I feel you son. I was tryna listen to some Kanye earlier and the video loaded up til 2 secs and never continued on, had to go on grooveshark.

My gripe is w/ the Youtube app. I'm tryna watch Juve's "Back That (Thang) Up" and all I got was covers and unrelated nonsense. No OG videos. Vevo sucks so I aint wanna use that

My gripe is w/ the Youtube app. I'm tryna watch Juve's "Back That (Thang) Up" and all I got was covers and unrelated nonsense. No OG videos. Vevo sucks so I aint wanna use that

exactly, the app is horrible. search a song and you wont get the actual video or even original song no matter what or how you search it.

is there an official explanation for this? :smh:

YES!! I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TOO.

sorry for the all caps but I hate when YouTube does that.

I want the actual song!!

Ads...

The whole reason I fell in youtube was because there were no ******g commercials...

******g Google..

For a long time I thought it was my Internet connection at home.

Nope. YouTube just sucks.

What I HATE is how long it takes for a video to switch to 720 or 1080 after selecting it. Most the time, the video is halfway done by the time it decides to play in HD. Ridiculous.

"- Vids re-buffering when you click back to a previous part of the video, even if the vid is fully loaded."

The most annoying part..

One user asked, “Why is Youtube’s search from mobile devices so inferior to its web-based search?”

YouTube’s Matthew Darby responded, “Mostly, because not all content is available on all devices. Content owners are given the option to exclude content from some platforms, particularly when monetization is not available. This often means the video you’re looking for isn’t available on that device, and so it’s removed from the search results you see. The most obvious example is iOS, which doesn’t have a lot of content available for this reason, including music videos from the major record labels.”

I only youtube on my PS3 app.. My only problem is the advertisements for certain vids..

that makes no sense... why not expand and have your videos get even more views.. do millions upon millions have iphones?

SMH

Last edited:
The main thing that annoys the hell out of me is you can't view a user's videos page by page. You use to be able to. So if your looking for a video in the middle of 1,000 videos you literally have to keep clicking load more over and over. They should at least give you the option.

Ads...

The whole reason I fell in youtube was because there were no ******g commercials...

******g Google..

They gotta get money I don't really trip off commercials like that. I can't imagine how many servers they need and the daily upkeep.

Last edited:
For some reason when I'm on Chrome, vids would play for the first 4 seconds then jump to the end of the video and stop playing. Don't see this problem with Firefox :stoneface:

All the other problems are experienced in both browsers though

Last edited:

I'll hang up and listen.

happens all the time :smh:

but i think the crashing is mostly due to firefox. when i use chrome on my other computer they seem to never crash...

also as far as some videos being available on mobile or not, its not always up to the "channel" but if they use music in their video that is owned by someone else that is usually why they are prevented from being viewed on mobile.

These feels.

I know them.

Sometimes I just download the youtube video to avoid all that crap.

About the crashing, yea thats not youtube's fault as far as I know. That's flash player crashing in firefox.

Back
Top Bottom