Why do certain members get butthurt over retro J's "done wrong"?

balloonoboy

Banned
I can see being upset that a little part of nostalgia is gone forever, but being upset and making walls of post justifying your claims on why a retro jordan isn't up to snuff to it's orignial form, colorway, material, you name it, is honestly futile and leads to no where.
6t
Do some of you think that by sharing your views on how things used to be, it will affect in any way, shape, or form, those who are set on buying it? It never has and never will.

Some of you act like you wore the shoe in Game 6 of the '91 playoffs. It's not that serious.

Would you be happy with going to a Wendy's and ordering a double cheeseburger, and getting a single? Should you be satisfied?

I want to know why do members of this board, expect and accept less than stellar quality and releases from JB.

Would you accept an iPhone that wasn't up to par?

Adidas, New Balance and Reebok do retros all the time, right. With JB dudes are now happy with something close. With that attitude do you think things will get better or worse?

Magic, why do you feel you "deserve" anything from JB? They never once forced you to buy their shoes. For you to develop this relationship towards them is solely on you.

I do agree that I would want the quality to match the pricepoint, but if I see something I don't want, I won't buy it. Simple as that.

Having an elitist attitude about how things should be done when we never once had a say in how things should be done is pointless and leads to rants and raves that can easily be avoided.

The garbage they are putting out nowadays is no different from the shoes they put out originally - you still have a choice whether to buy it or pass it up. The only difference is the slight adjustments that have been made which leads to a pandora's box of sorts being opened up between og collectors and new collectors.

That was then, this is now. There's nothing we can do about it. It's obvious JB and Jordan are solely after making profit, but hey don't have to put out any retros to be honest.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I can see being upset that a little part of nostalgia is gone forever, but being upset and making walls of post justifying your claims on why a retro jordan isn't up to snuff to it's orignial form, colorway, material, you name it, is honestly futile and leads to no where.
6t
Do some of you think that by sharing your views on how things used to be, it will affect in any way, shape, or form, those who are set on buying it? It never has and never will.

Some of you act like you wore the shoe in Game 6 of the '91 playoffs. It's not that serious.
Yeah yo, it's not dat serious.  Get out of here with that lame line.

JR5

Magic, why do you feel you "deserve" anything from JB? They never once forced you to buy their shoes. For you to develop this relationship towards them is solely on you.

I do agree that I would want the quality to match the pricepoint, but if I see something I don't want, I won't buy it. Simple as that.

Having an elitist attitude about how things should be done when we never once had a say in how things should be done is pointless and leads to rants and raves that can easily be avoided.

The garbage they are putting out nowadays is no different from the shoes they put out originally - you still have a choice whether to buy it or pass it up. The only difference is the slight adjustments that have been made which leads to a pandora's box of sorts being opened up between og collectors and new collectors.

That was then, this is now. There's nothing we can do about it. It's obvious JB and Jordan are solely after making profit, but hey don't have to put out any retros to be honest.
They have to make retros, the Team Jordans and new ones don't sustain the company, retros do.  I don't demand less for anything else, so why should I in sneakers.  It's why I buy a Samsung LCD and Panasonic plasma.  That's not being elitist, that's expecting to get what you pay for, and expecting to get quality.

Yeah, the relationship is all me, and that's why a lot of people aren't buying Jordan's anymore.  Right now there are no images and memories of Michael Jordan with the new versions, it's all the past.  Continuing to produce poor quality or bad colorways is good short term, but it dilutes the brand long term.

Does Honda have to make a good car, no, but they do it, because it's in their best interest as a company.  JB pretty much knows people will buy anything.  Let's see where JB is in five or ten years.  Can you see yourself buying Jordan's in 2020?  A 10 year old kid is growing up without a connection to Michael Jordan, it's all Kobe and Lebron.  So who is it JB should cater too?

Originally Posted by TrunksSSJ23

Because everyone on this board are go hards for frikin sneakers.
roll.gif
and some of these same people will look down on Fusion buyers, because they aren't real 
laugh.gif

But I am elitist 
laugh.gif

Very true, Magic.

I understand where you're coming from and the zeal from which a lot of the love and joy for JB products originates and continues to drive people to ultimately buy or not buy.

Some people just overdo it.

The reason why we get mad is that all of the other big three can retro their shoes with astonishing accuracy Reebok retro a shoe that hasn't been released in 20 years and they do it with complete accuracy and great quality. New Balance is retroing the BB790 and they are doing it accurately also. Nike retroed the Griffey's and Pippens and they didn't skimp on the quality either. Every other company is willing to please their customers except  Jordan Brand. I frankly say this if we stop buying the brand and start buying other brands and influence other people to not buy jordans we can slowly stop jordan brand. We already have an eastbay rep now all we need is other brands and businesses to pay attention to us. We can make them  listen to us.

Man I totally agree with your comments except 1 but I will get to that at the end.  I agree with you about the quality not being up to par for the price that we pay because you would think that they shoes would be hand crafted! 
wink.gif
, but anyway I seen a lot of hate for the VI's coming saying that they are not the OG's, the suede sucks and thats why they didnt sell out. Nope, its as simple as people just dont like them or dont have the funds cuz of economy. I bought to 2 pairs because they are in my top 3, not cuz of hype, I have been waiting 10 for a retro and actually like the Varsity Red better than the infared cuz its easier to coordinate, and the suede, if thats what it really is give the shoes a darker,richer texture than nubuck which smears to easily and gets dull after it gets dusty. So, all the changes does JB isnt that bad but in the end buy what u like. But i have to disagree with you bout JB not producing retros, cuz I cant see them making without them.
laugh.gif

I meant to say they don't have to produce retro colorways.

Like the infrareds, grapes, cement III/IVs, etc.

Of course they wouldn't survive without retros, but they can survive with nothing but retro+ colorways.

Depends on how serious you take sneakers.

Im kind of in the middle on this one, thats why i started copping foams.

Ill pick up a pair of j's here or there, but the urgency is gone.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

The reason why we get mad is that all of the other big three can retro their shoes with astonishing accuracy Reebok retro a shoe that hasn't been released in 20 years and they do it with complete accuracy and great quality. New Balance is retroing the BB790 and they are doing it accurately also. Nike retroed the Griffey's and Pippens and they didn't skimp on the quality either. Every other company is willing to please their customers except  Jordan Brand. I frankly say this if we stop buying the brand and start buying other brands and influence other people to not buy jordans we can slowly stop jordan brand. We already have an eastbay rep now all we need is other brands and businesses to pay attention to us. We can make them  listen to us.
A couple things.... First off, give me a break about "if we stop buying the shoes...." Are you the same people who thought during the high gas prices a few years back "if everyone doesn't buy gas for one day... " ? Jordan Brand is a BILLION dollar company...... A BILLION dollars, most cannot even fathom what that means... for one it means "if we all just stop buying..." will not work. Just get used to it and if you want the shoes, buy em and if you thinks the quality is off and not worth it, don't. "We can make them listen to us" Sorry, we really can't.

roll.gif
Magic1978 wrote:

They have to make retros, the Team Jordans and new ones don't sustain the company, retros do.  I don't demand less for anything else, so why should I in sneakers.  It's why I buy a Samsung LCD and Panasonic plasma.  That's not being elitist, that's expecting to get what you pay for, and expecting to get quality.

Yeah, the relationship is all me, and that's why a lot of people aren't buying Jordan's anymore.  Right now there are no images and memories of Michael Jordan with the new versions, it's all the past.  Continuing to produce poor quality or bad colorways is good short term, but it dilutes the brand long term.

Does Honda have to make a good car, no, but they do it, because it's in their best interest as a company.  JB pretty much knows people will buy anything.  Let's see where JB is in five or ten years.  Can you see yourself buying Jordan's in 2020?  A 10 year old kid is growing up without a connection to Michael Jordan, it's all Kobe and Lebron.  So who is it JB should cater too?

I would like to see some acounting numbers that prove this because plenty of people buy team jordans.....
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

But would you buy a Samsung plasma or Panasonic LCD?

If I wanted a great basketball sneaker, to actually play basketball in, I would buy a new Jordan (ie 2009, 2010) or even a Team Jordan over just about any other sneaker, Nike included.

JB knows people aren't playing in retros, so they can make the quality subpar, then when they re-release the same colorway a couple years later, you will be looking for a "fresh" pair.

In the end, JB doesn't care who buys their sneakers as long as they get bought.

Because most of them are "OG" sneakerheads and they want everything done their way. A new material or new look scares them because back in their day the shoes were a certain material and a certain mold. New mold, new material, and the shoes lasting longer?! OMG SOMEONE CALL THE COPS! If it means that much to them that they have their shoes how they used to be just go spend 400-1000 dollars on some OGs and hope that they don't crumble when you wear them! 
wink.gif
 if you're not willing to do that, then stop complaining and realize that the country is in a recession and money is hard to come by. Deal with the material and shoes JB gives us. Cop if you like them, skip if you don't. It's as easy as that. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Depends on how serious you take sneakers.

Im kind of in the middle on this one, thats why i started copping foams.

Ill pick up a pair of j's here or there, but the urgency is gone.
same here.  i just now started getting into foams and really like them.   as for the next jordan i get it will be the cg 11 or a db release.

This thread is semi-hypocritical. Why are you making a thread and complaining about other people complaining?

It's well known that the reason we get upset is because we wait for these classic Air Jordans to come back around, using our hard earned money to purchase what we expect to be quality made shoes identical to its predecessor. It's our money. These products are made for us as people. But people have been compromising over the years especially these new sneaker enthusiastic who settle for an Air Jordan with no history i.e. Varsity Red 6. Those resemble nothing to what I know and owned. They hold no history whatsoever.

You being a 17, 18 year old might not see significant differences but to us connoisseurs, who built this brand to what it is today. We don't have to compromise. And that is why I dont. I didn't purchase the Space Jam 11's nor did I purchase the Varsity Red 6's. I will stand by these classic retros that I own now, I will run them into the ground and never look back.

So to the people similar to the kid who made this post, this brand is now yours. I don't want anything to do with it.

Originally Posted by spizike231

Because most of them are "OG" sneakerheads and they want everything done their way. A new material or new look scares them because back in their day the shoes were a certain material and a certain mold. New mold, new material, and the shoes lasting longer?! OMG SOMEONE CALL THE COPS! If it means that much to them that they have their shoes how they used to be just go spend 400-1000 dollars on some OGs and hope that they don't crumble when you wear them! 
wink.gif
 if you're not willing to do that, then stop complaining and realize that the country is in a recession and money is hard to come by. Deal with the material and shoes JB gives us. Cop if you like them, skip if you don't. It's as easy as that. 
tired.gif
What are you talking about ? Shoes lasting longer from JB ?
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

i dont see the big deal... jumpman or nike air... its still the same shoe imo...

that wendy's analogy was TERRIBLE... lol

I guess I don't take shoes that seriously, but the color of the VIs or the placement of the jumpman on the 09 Space Jams is not enough to make me not buy them.

The price points and quality dips all comes back to the people who decided to sell older retros and OGs for 200-400 dollars over retail, and they are beat. Not everyone that buys Jordans or shoes out of the love of them are collectors we should all know this. So for someone to try to sell me a pair of Infared 6s with a sole so BROWN for 300 just for the fact is a older retro and has "ungodly superb quality" which is BS and I can just get the next best thing with just a darker shade or red and a different material for half of the Infareds, what do you think Im going to take?

Retro Jordans are still a respectable shoe to wear for basketball purposes, but you and I know you both don't wear nor buy it for that reason. So don't try to bring up crap talking about the quality is so bad that I can't play BBall in them no more or fakes have quality that surpass it. One time I could have swore I read someone complaining because the paint chipped off his IIIs while playing some pick-up games? Are you serious? Do you expect the shoes to look and be in the same condition as they were before you started playing?

It just seems like people complain just to complain and never will be satisfied with anything I believe. So I don't care so much anymore because it just the way it is.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

i dont see the big deal... jumpman or nike air... its still the same shoe imo...

that wendy's analogy was TERRIBLE... lol

It was perfect, but it went over your head apparently, of course you don't see the big deal.

Back
Top Bottom