Why do most companies pay you every two weeks?

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

It's cheaper to pay employees every two weeks instead of every week.

My company goes through ADP for all payroll services, and we just switched to two weeks instead of the regular one week checks when I started working here to lower operational expenses.
What he said.

Originally Posted by GG0tti

A friend of mine, gets paid monthly. I don't think I could ever do that.
me neither

Every two weeks FTW
pimp.gif

I'm getting paid right now

and
no I'm not at work
I'm at home

Gettin paid weekly is more convenient but for money management. I got two jobs and one pays weekly while the other is bi-weekly. If u into sneakers, gettinpaid weekly is def appreciated.
laugh.gif

I'm paid on the 1st and 15th.

I get my mileage reimbursement included with this check, and my commission quarterly.

Not to knock, but I imagine how often you're paid is only of interest to people who live paycheck to paycheck. (In that case, it's not pay frequencythat needs to be altered, it's budgeting and spending habits)

Get rid of your debit card.

i would love gettin paid every week. but i think gettin paid every two weeks or monthly does really teach one to manage their money.

try this one. my mom's a teacher and she has the option to get her salary paid over the 9 months school is active or get her salary plus some interest(maybe 100-200? total) paid over a 12 month period.

a few pros/cons for each scenario

i didnt know people got paid anything other then biweekly til i was 15.. one of my older friends got a job at the gap..apparently they pay weekly.. i shouldagot on that when i had the chance
smh.gif

damn...i get paid every 18 months. and when i do get paid who knows how long it is until i get paid again. high risk = large payouts.

once you are finished school, or are working full time regardless, the idea is to have money before getting paid again.
check to check is for the loss.

Back
Top Bottom