Why do people still play Yahoo Fantasy Sports?

I come in peace...
laugh.gif

I used to play all Yahoo Fantasy leagues until last year when I made the switch to ESPN. To me, Fantasy on ESPN is more "professional" and moreorganized.

If anything, the fact that ESPN gives you live stats for free should compel anyone to make the switch.

Is there something I am missing? Discuss...

I played ESPN for fantasy football last year..but my friends prefer Yahoo for some reason. So thats all i'm using right now.

damn i didnt even know about the espn when i made the league for me and my boys. Is it basically like the statTracker on yahoo where it updates live thefantasy score in head to head. Or does it just show stats live. If it is just stats then i may just go with that next time. But if it is like StatTracker thenI may get everyone 2gether and see if they want to just say F the first week and transfer over to ESPN

I got no complaints with Yahoo, been usin it for years. And they were always the first and were always free when no one else was. I dig being able to transferover leagues and personal history every year too.

Stat tracker costs 10 bucks tho yes
grin.gif
, and admitedly ive never personallyreally used anything else so i dont know what else it out there...

I use both and I just like Yahoo better for some reason.

I am too lazy to switch.

I have a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet I use for Stattracker anyway.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

damn i didnt even know about the espn when i made the league for me and my boys. Is it basically like the statTracker on yahoo where it updates live the fantasy score in head to head. Or does it just show stats live. If it is just stats then i may just go with that next time. But if it is like StatTracker then I may get everyone 2gether and see if they want to just say F the first week and transfer over to ESPN

For ESPN (football at least) they have FantasyCast, which updates Fantasy scores as soon as the action on the field happens. It basically is just StatTracker -only free
happy.gif

And I did an ESPN Roto MLB league this past season, and as the games happened it would show the updated stats on the league standings page.

Originally Posted by PheelinIt

what are some advantages of espn over yahoo?
In my opinion:
1) The pages look cleaner (not a big deal, I know).
2) I like how you can research a player without having to open a new tab or window.
3) More league settings than Yahoo.

Not in my opinion:
Live stats are free.

Honestly, I like CBS Sportsline the best. You have to pay for it, but it really comes with more in-depth coverage like a Fanball.com and not topical coverageof injuries/etc like Yahoo/ESPN. I always find Yahoo/ESPN to be the last to find out about injuries or if some one misses practice or about a trade.

Every year, Yahoo has some promotion at the beginning of the season where you just sign up for something and get the Stat Tracker free... ive had it the last 2football seasons and i haven't paid a dime.

I've used CBS, Yahoo, and ESPN. ESPN blows. The design is not clean, and far from organized. I can't even tell what categories they use on your rosterpage.

Yahoo is the best and always has been.

Ah, I remember years past being up at 3-4 am waiting for the scores to be updated on yahoo...

Espn live stats is a HUGE plus, but I also still do yahoo out of habit.

And the yahoo draft interface is better.

Too many no shows and people leave way too early on ESPN (from my experience) I like yahoo better

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Every year, Yahoo has some promotion at the beginning of the season where you just sign up for something and get the Stat Tracker free... ive had it the last 2 football seasons and i haven't paid a dime.
This year its something with Blockbuster where you have to sign up for the online movie rental thing. Its still gonna cost money it looks like. Ifsomeone has a way to get it for free let me know, I have havin to clock my players stats myself when i could just have something that will update for mewhenever I feel like checking it.

That would be the main reason I would go over to ESPN because im only doing fantasy with my boys cuz we got money on the line. So I wouldnt have to worry aboutpeople leaving early.

Ya'll know there's a way to see live stats/points on Yahoo for free, right?

Go to the "My Team" page. Under "Stats", click on "2008 Season."

The end of the URL should read "S_2008"

Swipe out "S_2008" and replace it with "L"

Try it Sunday, it'll show the current stats/points for each player, but you'll have to add up the totals yourself.

It works for all teams (not just your own), so you can figure out your opponent's score too.

I like Yahoo better because my league has been together the last 7-8 years and it has kept all of our stats, team names, everything....never tried ESPN but Iwouldn't be against trying it....I just have always stuck with yahoo...

The same reason why you play ESPN, because we can. Some just prefer Yahoo! over ESPN and vice versa. I can't say I prefer Yahoo! over ESPN since Ihaven't tried ESPN at all.

I made the switch from Yahoo to ESPN. I like ESPN better for 2 reasons:

1. Free live stats
2. In fantasy baseball when you pick someone up, you can put them in your lineup that same day instead of waiting a day.

Yahoo > ESPN

I'm embarrased to say that I purchased the StatTracker for $10.00 on Yahoo but only because I am a huge fantasy football fan. Overall, I like the layout ofYahoo better as well. I did play in a ESPN public league once though..the free statracker was
smokin.gif

Anybody think Yahoo is better for one fantasy sport but ESPN is better for another fantasy sport? Just wondering because it'd be nice to know.

Back
Top Bottom