Why do purple J's always re-sell for so much

I just sold a pair of Aqua 8's on Ebay for $250, I'm not complaining one bit, but anybody know why Grape V's, and Aqua 8's resell for so much??  I mean I've seen these in excess of $300 in some cases.

Its an original colorway, and a very popular one at that. Its a bit of a break from the standard white/red/black.

Hypebeasts go crazy for them that's why. They drove the price up.

I remember how easy it was ordering the Aqua's online and picking up Grapes at the store.

OG colorways, and well some people like purple.
IMO they're also pretty rare to find...

Cmon now.....everybody knows that black folks like grape soda  
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 419fay

I just sold a pair of Aqua 8's on Ebay for $250, I'm not complaining one bit, but anybody know why Grape V's, and Aqua 8's resell for so much??  I mean I've seen these in excess of $300 in some cases.

I dunno dude but Im def not one of those ppl trippin over purple shoes.........the only thing I like in purple are my Vikings and my
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I'm Serbian, but i grew up on "grape" from Aldi. That was stuff was the SHET! it didnt need any other fancy names or marketing. it was just "Grape"

Pick up ds aqua's a year after they released for $190, not bad.. Now there priced so high.

laugh.gif
aphexacid wrote:

I'm Serbian, but i grew up on "grape" from Aldi. That was stuff was the SHET! it didnt need any other fancy names or marketing. it was just "Grape"

laugh.gif
serbian but i grew up on grape from aldi
laugh.gif

when i was coming up with kicks, especially JORDANS. the "odd" colors were considered "life style" even back then.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Purple is a hypebeast colorway.

Exactly. Because when they were OG colorways back then NOBODY bought them. I worked at a shoe store when the Aqua 8's came out and they sat and sat and sat on the shelves. Grape 5's would sit on the shelves so long that the display shoe turned yellow. Them being popular is a new occurrence to me.

Back
Top Bottom