Why do purple J's always re-sell for so much

I don't see what the hype is. I have a pair of size 10 Aqua's that I have worn like 3 times. People are selling/buying them for like $200? I'd gladly sell mine for that much. Not a big deal. But that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

I don't see what the hype is. I have a pair of size 10 Aqua's that I have worn like 3 times. People are selling/buying them for like $200? I'd gladly sell mine for that much. Not a big deal. But that's just my opinion.

Especilly when the midsole paint starts chipping.  

Originally Posted by Nklebrkr

Cmon now.....everybody knows that black folks like grape soda  
smokin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

HMMM, IF I SOLD MY FLINT PURPLE 7'S....

Probably one of the 2 best Retro+ colorways of the 7's, with the other one being the Frenchblue 7's. 

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Purple is a hypebeast colorway.

^This. I remember purple Jordans when they were originally released were the last colors on the shelf. Usually you'd have the purple colorway be on the shelf while the next model was out as well (e.g. Grape V's and VI's are on the shelf in the store). It was worn back then, but some also saw them as kinda girly. In addition to purple, I'm getting tired of all these "South Beach" colorways of shoes. Enough is enough already.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Probably one of the 2 best Retro+ colorways of the 7's, with the other one being the Frenchblue 7's. 
QFT flint vii's are definitely one of my favorite vii's next to olympic and raptors. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Chambray 7s?
grin.gif

Kanye + Hypebeast = $250 and up a pair!

Btw...just picked up a VVVNDS size 12 pair for $70 at my local craigslist. Got pics of it on the "July Pick Up" in the showcase forums page 36. Was very happy of getting it for that cheap. Probably could of got it cheaper cause the guy had it for $70 obo but the picture he sent me of the shoes had baby formula in the background so kinda felt guilty if I tried to lowball it any lower.

it's funny that everyone is mad they passed on aquas. They were such an easy pickup in 07.

very surprised to see Aquas so much now they were a breeze in 2007 and a lotta folks had em.... Jordan Retros actually helped me develop an appreciation for the color purple its one of my faves now (Grand Purp 1, Flint/Purp 7, Aqua 8 have all found their way into collection) all i can say is they're non Bulls-colorways which collectors like me usually gobble up (100 pr of Bulls-colorway J's
sick.gif
) so variety is the spice of life

cuz those shoes are hot haha. i sole my grape 5s for 275, and the condition wasnt even that good. ther dude just straight up offered 275 and i was like you sure? so i sold them haha.

I just bought these grape colored Jordan shorts. I love them. I think it's the New Orleans colorway that is just very fresh looking. There was probably a spike in the popilarity when Chris Paul started to emerge as a superstar.

Very tru -I love me some Grapes tho--I even seen a couple pairs of those purple xixs going for 200 and they sell--purples hot but I feel yu

i feel like the popular purple jordan colorways (mainly the grape 5s and aqua 8s) really epitomized the style of the 90s

Back
Top Bottom