Why does America want Money Mayweather to Lose SOO BAD??

Right after Dude beat Baldomir and start talking that retirement talk they were like why don't you fight Oscar de la Hoya...

So Floyd agrees to fight De la Hoya and beats him, and starts talking retirement, and they are like what about Ricky Hatton...

Floyd beats Hatton, and brings up retirement, and they are like "What about Cotto??"

Realistically this could go on forever, b/c after he beats Cotto, it would go to P. Williams, or Cintron

But if he loses I can just hear Larry Merchant, "Floyd why are you still fighting, you have nothing else to prove!" lol

If I was Floyd, i would call it a career now!

Racism.
Or maybe because he's too cocky for America, and has a big mouth.

Or maybe all of the above!

But he shouldn't listen to what america has to say. He should take his crown, and retire a winner.

Maybe because he wants to be considered the best ever you should fight and dominate the best out there while youre still in your prime. Of course, therespeople that will say Oscar was over the hill and Hatton was to small but i consider him one of the best. 39 fights is good, however i think he should fight1-2 more top ranked quality fighters to make an arguement for himself.

i honestly don't want to see him fight cotto...

I would rather see him fight Sugar Shane...speed vs. speed;

Cotto needs to beat P. Williams, Margarito, or Cintron again before he deserves a shot at the pound for pound best!

america can't stand when someone is great and talks about it. i don't see what the big deal is, but this nation has a problem with it. maybe the restof america should stop being mediocre.

Because he has smartly made himself into the "villan" and this is America, we love our hero vs. villan angles in almost everything.

america can't stand when someone is great and talks about it

Especially when he's a wealthy minority. America the beautiful....
eyes.gif

Or maybe because he's too cocky for America, and has a big mouth.
Because he embodies everything of the modern-generation loud-mouth, cocky, arrogant black athlete...and although most people (who roots againsthim) maybe arent thinking that, its in their subconscious...thats not everybody tho, others just got their own reasons...

Money =
pimp.gif
... some people actually hate this dude so much , that they rooted for the fighter whose fans booed the nation anthem
smh.gif

Cocky, rich, Black athlete...... a recipe for HATE!
laugh.gif

But honestly, people are too close-minded to see that most of it is just an act. He is his own hype machine, he's not sexxxy like Oscar, and he's aBlack-American. After every fight (that I've seen) he is usually humble and he is grateful to his opponent. Most fairweather sports fans don't lookbeneath the surface though, they just see what the media portrays. I'm not a fan of his, he whooped my boy Corrales and I will never let it go. I will rootfor Cotto or whomever he fights next, but, PBF is class both in and outside of the ring and he deserves all the respect in the world!

But honestly, people are too close-minded to see that most of it is just an act. He is his own hype machine, he's not sexxxy like Oscar, and he's a Black-American. After every fight (that I've seen) he is usually humble and he is grateful to his opponent. Most fairweather sports fans don't look beneath the surface though, they just see what the media portrays.

Yup. If anyone watches the 24/7 that this dude puts on, he's advertises himself as the bad-guy, he's know it, and he loves it. But look at the end ofthe Hatton fight, he congratulated Hatton on a good effort. Floyd is that dude, I don't see how anyone can not like his personality, it's like thedoppleganger of Gilbert Arenas, dude is a comic, yet, he has a meanstreak to him.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kicks4days

Maybe because he wants to be considered the best ever you should fight and dominate the best out there while youre still in your prime. Of course, theres people that will say Oscar was over the hill and Hatton was to small but i consider him one of the best. 39 fights is good, however i think he should fight 1-2 more top ranked quality fighters to make an arguement for himself.

i agree.

because like he said hes young , black and rich.

Yup. If anyone watches the 24/7 that this dude puts on, he's advertises himself as the bad-guy, he's know it, and he loves it. But look at the end of the Hatton fight, he congratulated Hatton on a good effort. Floyd is that dude,
all that trash talking is only for show I think. To promote the fight and all that. All fighters I see that talk hella smack before the fightsalways make up after. So yea thats all it is . promotion. Honestly I like Mayweather. I like his style and how he goes about things. He also has made me$$$. lol. So he should keep fighting..

Originally Posted by BAYBALLA707

because like he said hes young , black and rich.

Yup. If anyone watches the 24/7 that this dude puts on, he's advertises himself as the bad-guy, he's know it, and he loves it. But look at the end of the Hatton fight, he congratulated Hatton on a good effort. Floyd is that dude,
all that trash talking is only for show I think. To promote the fight and all that. All fighters I see that talk hella smack before the fights always make up after. So yea thats all it is . promotion. Honestly I like Mayweather. I like his style and how he goes about things. He also has made me $$$. lol. So he should keep fighting..
Pretty much. He hypes up all his fights with the help of HBO so he and his oppenent can make the most money they can.

^I hope you know that Ali wasnt "America Loved" back then during his time like he is these years later...and him moreso than Mayweather now, hecaught that real out in the open racism...

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by Star Time

america can't stand when someone is great and talks about it

Especially when he's a wealthy minority. America the beautiful....
eyes.gif
Muhammed Ali....America loved, so spare me on the racism please.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Get outta here with that. Ali wasn't loved until he could barely talk.

Back
Top Bottom