Why does it seem like there is more Nat'l pride with US Soccer than US Basketball?

Soccer is on the rise in America. I used to be an avid hater and I still won't watch it but I like it now.

Basketball, unfortunately, is on the decline (in America). But it did it to itself so I'm not mad.

do some of you even watch sports in amercia?

basketball the least popular?
roll.gif
check out the NHL thread with a whopping 10 members participating in it on a regular basis
people don't want black people representing the US?
roll.gif
go look at the US soccer team photo

let's talk about why people are stuck on blaming everything on racism? does it still exist? of course. does it have anything to do with the popularity of World Cup soccer versus Olympic basketball? no.

do some of you even watch sports in amercia?

basketball the least popular?
roll.gif
check out the NHL thread with a whopping 10 members participating in it on a regular basis
people don't want black people representing the US?
roll.gif
go look at the US soccer team photo

let's talk about why people are stuck on blaming everything on racism? does it still exist? of course. does it have anything to do with the popularity of World Cup soccer versus Olympic basketball? no.

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

Soccer is on the rise in America. I used to be an avid hater and I still won't watch it but I like it now.

Basketball, unfortunately, is on the decline (in America). But it did it to itself so I'm not mad.
first statement is right

second is absolutely wrong..game 7 ratings were highest since '98

the movements of one man have engulfed sports coverage..the balance of power might shift this summer and the 2010-11 season is guaranteed
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

first statement is right

second is absolutely wrong..game 7 ratings were highest since '98

the movements of one man have engulfed sports coverage..the balance of power might shift this summer and the 2010-11 season is guaranteed
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom