Why doesn't the DMV Recieve Any Love?

Footlocker is set to open a HOH in Chicago now. they already have one in LA and NYC.
Niketown seems like its in every city worldwide except the most powerful city in the world.
NYC, LA, Berlin, Toyko, Chicago, Vegas have dozens of boutiques and we essentially have 5.

What is up with this injustice? We live in one of the most influential and financially prosperous places in the world and all we have are an abundance of DTLRand Sport Zones?

What's Up With That?

*Stealing from the Trip OGs*

You could look at it another way: Maybe DTLR and Shoe City are held in such high regard that Nike chooses not to bring in competition.

Originally Posted by Scott Scotch

You could look at it another way: Maybe DTLR and Shoe City are held in such high regard that Nike chooses not to bring in competition.
pretty much on point ^

DTLR + ShoeCity + SportsZone > NikeTown

That's really not a justifiable reason becaue there are DTLR's in Atlanta and Chicago, but yet instill they have Niketowns

Originally Posted by Ghost703

Originally Posted by Scott Scotch

pretty much on point ^

DTLR + ShoeCity + SportsZone > NikeTown

What? Everything at those stores are at Footlocker and Champ's. There is nothing special at any of them stores. The only good thing about DTLR and so oneis that they put thier products on sale quickly.

Plus boutiques are stores that aren't on every corner. there are DTLRs, 4 Sport Zones and 4 Shoe Citys in a 8 mile radius of my house.

New York-its new york nuff said
Chicago-Second biggest U.S. city, michael jordan, some of the illest architecture i've ever seen
ATL-former olympics host, fastest growing metro in U.S.
Vegas-gambling capital
LA-Hollywood land

dunno about the foreign cities.

Besides the strength of the government and politics in the urea, we don't have resume' akin to any of those places.

smh.gif
@ not havin any damn DTLR's or Shoe citys around woodbridge NoVA area, i gotta drive damn near 30 min to get to MD or DC just to see whats in n whats onsale, how the hell does FREDRICKSBURG have a DTLR but woodbridge doesnt? W T F

Originally Posted by rocman23

That's really not a justifiable reason becaue there are DTLR's in Atlanta and Chicago, but yet instill they have Niketowns
They just got there within the last 18 months or so.

And they ain't doing jack.

I don't think a House of Hoops would do very well in the DC area. Lots of other factors besides just the urban stores like DTLR, Shoe City, etc. I thinkwhat would make more sense is to have some of the House of Hoops releases at urban account Foot Lockers in the area that do well with releases of that nature.I'm sure that would help Foot Locker move some product. As for a Niketown, I don't see that doing well in this area also. Could probably do better thana House of Hoops. But I can see the novelty of it wearing off.

^
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

in this economy and area i could def see a NikeTown flopping in DC... a house of hoops would be nice though

Harm.. You Sir are a Damn Fool!!!! lololololol

Yeah... there could be a MILLION reasons NOT to open up a House of Hoops in this area... but one main one could be Nike being in bed with some folks in thearea who have put it out there, that they wouldn't be too happy with it in their backyard...

Hence why it hurts business or will be in other area's.

Which is why SMUs will be the way DTLR has to go in the future....

And someone said DTLRs put stuff on sale quick? O RLY?? Man.. please show me which one.

Unless you confused it with Shoe City....

Now THEY are of course the one's to look to for Sales quick and inventory movin.

I too think a HOH would be wierd to have but as long as HypeBeasts are around.. Nike could open a Kiosk in Manassas Mall with an HOH and move 48 Pairs of eachrelease faster than fast and not have to worry about a thing.

Don't forget. Footlocker is in on this as well. So they could be pushing to get a few more as well somewhere near.

Stay Tuned.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

And someone said DTLRs put stuff on sale quick? O RLY?? Man.. please show me which one.
Get out the "booneys" and drive to your old hoods more often.

DTLR game has changed, and have beaten SC or tied in major markdowns all year.

Hence my thread a few months back about DTLR investing in new laminated sales tags.

[B.I.G.]
"Thangs Done Changed!"

I'm with Rock...I was still under the impression of DTLR not marking stuff down. I rarely go in one anymore, cuz I know Shoe City as it for less. Last timeI was in DTLR was over the summer cuz someone wanted to meet there to overlook my DJ contract for them. lol Even while looking around in there, nothing caughtme pricewise.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Harm.. You Sir are a Damn Fool!!!! lololololol

Yeah... there could be a MILLION reasons NOT to open up a House of Hoops in this area... but one main one could be Nike being in bed with some folks in the area who have put it out there, that they wouldn't be too happy with it in their backyard...

Hence why it hurts business or will be in other area's.

Unless you confused it with Shoe City....

Now THEY are of course the one's to look to for Sales quick and inventory movin.

I too think a HOH would be wierd to have but as long as HypeBeasts are around.. Nike could open a Kiosk in Manassas Mall with an HOH and move 48 Pairs of each release faster than fast and not have to worry about a thing.

Don't forget. Footlocker is in on this as well. So they could be pushing to get a few more as well somewhere near.

Stay Tuned.
I haven't bought anything from DTLR for full retail price in 3 yrs. about a month ago i got all Gold and Black Flightposite for $99. Penny's gonna be $115 on December 1 (According to a friend of a friend). Every DTLR East of the Anacostia River going into PG Co put stuff on sale quickly.

I don't like Shoe City like that.... at least the ones in my neighborhood aren't worth it unless u want ACGs or 992.

It would be nice to have a chance at certain PE's, but that is the only reason I can see there being a HOH in the DMV.

HOH in the area would be good IMO, getting PE's w/o having to worry about resale price..FTW
and not having to take a road trip for kix

Another reason why it wouldn't be such a good idea is -

Most of these PE's releases require "CAMPOUTS" and unless you go DEEP, or live close to the location, chances are you might get GOT...
but then again HOH NY is in the heart of Harlem, and it still thrives. Not to say no one has got roughed.

AceBoogie wrote:
Chicago-Second biggest U.S. city, michael jordan, some of the illest architecture i've ever seen
Vegas-gambling capital
LA-Hollywood land

Besides the strength of the government and politics in the urea, we don't have resume' akin to any of those places.
come on...dmv the most densely collected area of wealth in the country, and im pretty sure after this economic crisis we will grow way fasterthan ATL. aren't they expanding metro everywhere?

I haven't bought anything from DTLR for full retail price in 3 yrs. about a month ago i got all Gold and Black Flightposite for $99. Penny's gonna be $115 on December 1 (According to a friend of a friend). Every DTLR East of the Anacostia River going into PG Co put stuff on sale quickly.
care to tell me how?

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

smh.gif
@ not havin any damn DTLR's or Shoe citys around woodbridge NoVA area, i gotta drive damn near 30 min to get to MD or DC just to see whats in n whats on sale, how the hell does FREDRICKSBURG have a DTLR but woodbridge doesnt? W T F

there's a shoe city in woodbridge, near p.mills

Originally Posted by richiecotite

smh.gif
@ not havin any damn DTLR's or Shoe citys around woodbridge NoVA area, i gotta drive damn near 30 min to get to MD or DC just to see whats in n whats on sale, how the hell does FREDRICKSBURG have a DTLR but woodbridge doesnt? W T F

there's a shoe city in woodbridge, near p.mills

shoe city? where the hell is that at, only thing around here is a bunch of footlockers a finish line a foot action and a sports zone

smh.gif
So true we need DTLR or Shoe City in NOVA. The Sports Zone by Potomace Mills is kinda wack. When I was in college, NSU(Green Side Gold Side), Iwas in heaven with Millitary Circle Mall. Now I just shop online for my stuff.

^feel ya, i only hit up P Mills when my homie at footlocker tells me there is a 50% off, other than that I'm in the city shoppin or havin one of my boysorder some stuff for me online, i damn sure aint drivin down to the middle of bubble EFF va to go to the wack DTLR located in central park, the bammas in thereare seriously weird, have no knowledge what so ever, and i always get in a argument with somebody down there. i just feel really out of place when i go there. last time i went tho a couple months ago my girl scooped me up a fresh pair of olympic barkley 180's for 29.99 in my size
pimp.gif
, so thats the only goodthing i guess, those bammas dont buy nothin, I'm surprised they're still open all those rednecks down there.
smh.gif
selling confederate flags at thekiosk's in the mall

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

AceBoogie wrote:
Vegas-gambling capital
LA-Hollywood land

come on...dmv the most densely collected area of wealth in the country, and im pretty sure after this economic crisis we will grow way faster than ATL. aren't they expanding metro everywhere?

care to tell me how?

I dunno I just be in the right place at the right time. But don't all DTLR have the same prices.

Back
Top Bottom