WHY DON'T THE BLK/RED PENNY II'S GET AS MUCH LOVE AS THE OG'S?

I've been wondering why it's been hard as hell to sell my Penny II's Blk/Red. They look almost as sick as the OG's and I think the red canstand on its own.

But I've searched eBay and across the selling forums but they haven't been fetching much at all. I tried selling mine for $60+shipping and they stillwon't move. I want to get a bigger size of them because I think they're a beautiful shoe but does the entire world think otherwise?

Matter of preference. The other two colorways aren't fetching for any money either. Everyone is waiting for a good deal, like $40-$50. The red colorway youhave to keep in the mind isn't an OG colorway like the other two. But nonetheless it is a dope colorway, but the other two colorways over red.

Damn. And to think, these were top 3 in my favorite childhood shoes. Guess I'll have to lower my price then.

Originally Posted by LiLwAnG05

I've been wondering why it's been hard as hell to sell my Penny II's Blk/Red. They look almost as sick as the OG's and I think the red can stand on its own.

But I've searched eBay and across the selling forums but they haven't been fetching much at all. I tried selling mine for $60+shipping and they still won't move. I want to get a bigger size of them because I think they're a beautiful shoe but does the entire world think otherwise?

Number one reason is exactly what you said OG it has to be that in order to sell. New experiments by nike scares collectors and penny fans which they think itgot butchered. But what i think got butchered is the the 1/2 cent shoes mixing all the penny shoes in one yuck imo. Hey i would just trade it if i were you,just try to find someone to trade cause they won't sell right now since they're still in shelves all over stores. Black blue sells again cause it'sOG. Good luck and i hope you find your size. By the way i just looooove these colorways just take a look at this:

Originally Posted by badboy074

I've been wondering why it's been hard as hell to sell my Penny II's Blk/Red. They look almost as sick as the OG's and I think the red can stand on its own.

But I've searched eBay and across the selling forums but they haven't been fetching much at all. I tried selling mine for $60+shipping and they still won't move. I want to get a bigger size of them because I think they're a beautiful shoe but does the entire world think otherwise?

Number one reason is exactly what you said OG it has to be that in order to sell. New experiments by nike scares collectors and penny fans which they think it got butchered. But what i think got butchered is the the 1/2 cent shoes mixing all the penny shoes in one yuck imo. Hey i would just trade it if i were you, just try to find someone to trade cause they won't sell right now since they're still in shelves all over stores. Black blue sells again cause it's OG. Good luck and i hope you find your size. By the way i just looooove these colorways just take a look at this:

daaaaamnnnnn nice. hope those aren't 11.5's.

quote:

The red colorway you have to keep in the mind isn't an OG colorway

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll be honest

Being that I grew up watching Penny and having the penny's in '96...those just looked way off. They looked like bootlegs...but that's just myopinion

A red "translucent" sole would have made the difference.

May seem minor, but it does.

Just think if the o.g. black/blues were retrograded in a blue solid sole...

The placement of the yellow seems forced to me as well.

Instead of investing in these, I just copped another black/blue, lol....

red translucent sole and a 3M strip around the upper instead of read would have done it for me. I think that's why they don't grab you as much

yeah i think alot of people are waiting for a steal. i know i am.

almost every store around my way still has these.

You can blame my wife that yours didn't sell. But like you said a beautiful shoe...

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

red translucent sole and a 3M strip around the upper instead of read would have done it for me. I think that's why they don't grab you as much
Co-sign.

Originally Posted by macgyver35

quote:

The red colorway you have to keep in the mind isn't an OG colorway

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

exactly..plus when i think of Penny i think of Black/Blue/White and vice versa......not Black/Red/White

there are a TON of better black/red shoes on the market too
I think thats a contributing factor as well

Originally Posted by bonafide125

When people hear penny they think blue not red.

Or, first blue/white then black/blue then orange/purple then blue/orange... then only red for a year.

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

Or, first blue/white then black/blue then orange/purple then blue/orange... then only red for a year.

You summed it up. People want to remember Penny at the top of his game, not be reminded his career was cut short.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

You summed it up. People want to remember Penny at the top of his game, not be reminded his career was cut short.

damn thats a good point, plus i think ppl jus found more subtle pairs to cop, im jus waitin for these bad boys to go on sale..

To me, this was the best colorway...BUT what this shoe lacked was the 3M, translucent sole, and the swoosh on the side instead of the penny logo. If this shoehad those elements, this would have been the top penny 2 imo

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

To me, this was the best colorway...BUT what this shoe lacked was the 3M, translucent sole, and the swoosh on the side instead of the penny logo. If this shoe had those elements, this would have been the top penny 2 imo
I would like to thank all of you for spitting at the heat penny 2 cw that is why i got my collection of those for under 100 bucks. Wearing one forcasual wear and very nice. I always wanted a black red in these and finally got em this time. Go ahead and go for the atlantics next. I am so thankful for allof you for saying butchered shoe
pimp.gif
happy.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom