Why don't YOU have a tattoo or body mod? Vol. Everybody's doing it...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I respect art too much to get something permanent
what exactly does that mean?
art is subjective and your opinion changes as you get older.
a work of art isn't supposed to mean the same thing in different moods.

art isn't supposed to have the same meaning/appeal over time.

art is supposed to get old/stale or become fresh.

erased, remade, reworked, not constant and in the same place.
For me, the tattoos that I get will not be looked at the same way as the art you are referring to. The tattoo I get will always represent my mind sets' meaning for the tattoo of the time I get it. Over time my opinion and meaning for it will change in the future. I might look at my tattoo when i'm 50 and think "damn I was pretty stupid as a youth for getting this and appreciate how far i've come" or "I'm glad I got this tattoo when I was young, the meaning of this tattoo reminds me of good times in my life." I guess what i'm trying to say is that my body is more like a scrap book of memories than an art museum. Similar to sailors getting certain tattoos for accomplishments. ex. Getting an anchor tatted for crossing the atlantic

edit:
I just realized most of my post doesn't make sense but focus on the last few sentences.

also, for the whole aging with tattoos argument. An 80 year old persons skin will look bad and wrinkly either way

Got my ear pierced in HS kept it for awhile then let it close up.

I can't think of anything I want tattooed on me.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Its corny to me and its permanent. If i ever do one call me childish but i want spidey hanging upside down on my back...

url
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

tats are cool.... but now a days its just childish...

ppl are too stupid to realize its permanent... why would i mark my self with something stupid.

ppl putting all this religion stuff on their arm but dont even go to church or pray at all...

ppl putting words on them like "loyalty, faith, courage etc." makes no damn sense at all to me.

ppl just putting anything on them to have a tattoo... its getting ridiculous now.

i got so many friends who are just getting tatted every week putting random +!@% on themselves. its makes no sense...

nothing against tattoo's.... i just have a problem with ppl who put things on them just to get a tattoo..
you might say its on for life... and i say life is too short
Even more reason not to have a "stupid" tat on for such a short life?

On another note when I was at the ages from 9-12 when I seen other boys getting their ear pierced I thought they were all gay. Never made sense to me even when it was broken down as just another trend. Don't bother me anymore ever since I seen the founding fathers rocking heavy make-up, lipstick, and wigs.

I have 5 tattoos myself and my ears pierced. The piercings were something I've wanted for a while and just recently decided to go through with. As for the tattoos, I waited until I was absolutely sure I wanted them. I want more tattoos but I can't think of anything else I want on me.

i aint got no tats cause it aint anything that i give enough of a %$%$ about to put on me permanently. i was gon get tatted in highschool but im glad i didnt cause everybody wanna be tatted now & i dont wanna be a follower. plus i know if i got a tat & liked it id prolly go crazy & end up tatted like wayne cause when i like sumthin i tend to go overboard wit it & i aint even tryna give myself the chance to %$%$ up like that. i never got my ears pierced but i think i might get that done soon

I really wanna get a few discrete tattoos that can be hidden when I have a shirt on (upper arm, back) but I just dont know if Ill like em after a few years.
YOLO though.

Not my thing. I also dont like that a mark that can be on your skin for life can take such a short amount of time to apply.

I'm too dark to get a tat.
#forestwhitaker'sneck

But really:
Tats serve no purpose to me, but if I had to get one I'd get a humorous one.
Something like Steve-O's tat of his face of his back.
The reason why is so even when I get older and regret getting the tat, I can still find some humor in it.

I've always loved tats.

Seeing my uncles with tats, and being at the tattoo shop watching my dad get tattoos made me want to get some.

I got my first one when I was 16 and I have no regrets.

Always been a "when everybody goes right, I go left" kind of guy.  Plus I like being part of the 10% of the world thats not tat'ed or pierced.  But then again, YOLO comes to mind and my co worker is having a tat party next month so I might just pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

I've always loved tats.

Seeing my uncles with tats, and being at the tattoo shop watching my dad get tattoos made me want to get some.

What kind of tat do you have? Post 'em!!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

I've always loved tats.

What kind of tat do you have? Post 'em!!!!
pimp.gif

I'll try and post some.
But I don't even have a working camera right now fam..

laugh.gif

heck, even the camera on my phone is broken.

frown.gif

Had both ears pierced, but I stopped wearing them when I graduated college.

Heavily considered getting a tatt, but the thought of it as I get older is what stops me.

Had my ears pierced back in the day....tattoos just aren't my thing. I can admire GOOD body art, but I'd never do it.

i sometimes dream of having a nice tattoo, but then

why would i bother, it'll cost money, and later on i think i wouldnt pay

attention to it as much as when i first get it..

i guess i dont have enough motive to do it.

I'm so against being trendy, plus that's another waiver I don't need for any job prospects that I want.

Back
Top Bottom