Why exactly do people look down on you if you take public transportation?

I'm guessing these people who talk @#$% about taking the bus/subway/metro/etc either a)live nowhere near a REAL city where its impossible to park without paying a fortune or b) have their parents pay for all their car expenses. I live in San Jose, where public transportation is pretty much nonexistent 
sick.gif
 but every time I'm out in SF it's far easier to take the Bart or Muni to get from one part of the city to another. Otherwise you'd have to find multiple parking garages that cost $10-$15 each if you're gonna be spending more than a couple hours at each spot 
sick.gif
 That doesn't even include the fact that if you go to the city during mid day its impossible to get a convenient spot since most of the garages are full

Speaking of which, the people that run those private garages in the city must be making a FORTUNE 

I'm guessing these people who talk @#$% about taking the bus/subway/metro/etc either a)live nowhere near a REAL city where its impossible to park without paying a fortune or b) have their parents pay for all their car expenses. I live in San Jose, where public transportation is pretty much nonexistent 
sick.gif
 but every time I'm out in SF it's far easier to take the Bart or Muni to get from one part of the city to another. Otherwise you'd have to find multiple parking garages that cost $10-$15 each if you're gonna be spending more than a couple hours at each spot 
sick.gif
 That doesn't even include the fact that if you go to the city during mid day its impossible to get a convenient spot since most of the garages are full

Speaking of which, the people that run those private garages in the city must be making a FORTUNE 

I live in SF and I drive 99% of the time.

The only reason I would take public transportation is when I go downtown SF...All the one ways, no turns here and there, traffic and etc is just too much for me.

I live in SF and I drive 99% of the time.

The only reason I would take public transportation is when I go downtown SF...All the one ways, no turns here and there, traffic and etc is just too much for me.

I personally don't like it because when I'm ready to go I'm ready to go...but it is clutch on a night I want to drink

Cause it's easy to run your mouth if you got a car your parents bought you. People who have to work for their own stuff and buy their own car know what it feels like to ride public transportation, so they don't talk *%!! about it.

I personally don't like it because when I'm ready to go I'm ready to go...but it is clutch on a night I want to drink

Cause it's easy to run your mouth if you got a car your parents bought you. People who have to work for their own stuff and buy their own car know what it feels like to ride public transportation, so they don't talk *%!! about it.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

That's mostly what I'm talking about, the downtown/ "main" areas of the city. Took me almost half an hour to make a 5-10 min drive b/c of traffic, construction, and one way streets  
laugh.gif

mad.gif

and a HUGE % of Europeans ride the metro everyday. The Paris metro 
eek.gif

pimp.gif
 so damn fast...got from one side of the city to the other in about 5 minutes

Originally Posted by Luong1209

That's mostly what I'm talking about, the downtown/ "main" areas of the city. Took me almost half an hour to make a 5-10 min drive b/c of traffic, construction, and one way streets  
laugh.gif

mad.gif

and a HUGE % of Europeans ride the metro everyday. The Paris metro 
eek.gif

pimp.gif
 so damn fast...got from one side of the city to the other in about 5 minutes

eh...i don't look down on anybody, but i couldn't imagine having to be on somebody elses schedule to go somewhere...i guess it's different in a area like NY, but i live in metro Atlanta, so it feels better being able to get up and go whenever i feel like it...
that being said, sometimes if i'm going to a major event in the city, i might park at the Marta station and just take the train to my destination...

eh...i don't look down on anybody, but i couldn't imagine having to be on somebody elses schedule to go somewhere...i guess it's different in a area like NY, but i live in metro Atlanta, so it feels better being able to get up and go whenever i feel like it...
that being said, sometimes if i'm going to a major event in the city, i might park at the Marta station and just take the train to my destination...

In society, public transportation is synonymous to having no money for gas/car but in reality, it's one of the smartest ways to travel. Like play mentioned, it's clutch on a night when you want to have fun. You don't have to worry too much about designated drivers.

To get around LA, it's a lot of buses or a straight train ride around the county but it'd be better to drive around. I guess, it just depends where you're at.

In society, public transportation is synonymous to having no money for gas/car but in reality, it's one of the smartest ways to travel. Like play mentioned, it's clutch on a night when you want to have fun. You don't have to worry too much about designated drivers.

To get around LA, it's a lot of buses or a straight train ride around the county but it'd be better to drive around. I guess, it just depends where you're at.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

I use to hit the marta but now its too many fruity ooties, weirdos, footdraggers, wannabe thugs, and wic allstars for me. I know it is economically and enviromentally better but...

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

I use to hit the marta but now its too many fruity ooties, weirdos, footdraggers, wannabe thugs, and wic allstars for me. I know it is economically and enviromentally better but...

I don't look down on people who take the bus. If I worked in Downtown Seattle five days a week, I'd take the bus. But I don't, so public transportation isn't efficient for me. If I need to go downtown, I drive and take the hit on parking (never more than about $7, because I don't stay too long). If I'm meeting a friend who I know has a car, then I'll take a bus downtown knowing I'll get a ride back.

Back
Top Bottom