Why has AK-47 fallen off so much over the past couple years?

2005-06 15.3 ppg 8.0 rbd 4.3 ast 1.5 stls 3.1 blks
2006-07 8.3 ppg 4.7 rbd 2.9 ast 1.1 stls 2.1 blks
2007-08 11.9 ppg 5.5 rbd 4.8 ast 1.3 stl 1.8 blks

I know his minutes went down a bit but i would still expect him to get over 2 blocks per game. I also understand that he doesn't have the best relationshipwith Coach Sloan but how can he fall this fast? And dont tell me it's because of Boozer. He was there when AK put up career numbers. And what happened tohis 5 steal 5 block type games? Discuss.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I doubt it was a fluke since he consistently averaged 15 points 7 rebounds 4 assists close to 2 steals and 3 blocks a game. Then all of a sudden he goes down.He's only 26. I would expect his numbers to be rising not falling.

As Deron Williams gets better and better, AK-47 goes from the no.2 option on the team to no. 3 and depending on Memo's production, he sometimes would slipto no. 4 (if he's not stuck there already) and I don't think Jerry Sloan's offense allows for a no.4 (or no. 3) option to shine, it's just howthe system works in Utah.

Of course, his diminishing role on the team might have originated from his injury a couple of years ago but I always felt he's still the player he was andall it takes is for an injury or two (provided it's not him) for him to shine again. When they played the Spurs in the conference finals last year, he wasthe player I felt was the X-factor for the Jazz...good thing he never got into a rhythm, otherwise, the Spurs could've been in a load of trouble.

He would flourish on another team.. Point blank.. He's already voiced his displeasure of being on the Jazz team before the season started... He doesn'tlike Jerry Sloan's style of play.. So it's more mental then actual physical capabilities that's holding him back..

other then the 2 steals and 3 blocks, thats a pretty average stat line. take into account they signed boozer and okur. those 2 are good reasons his pointsand rebounds would go down.

I love him to replace Shawn Marion besides PhX needs another player, they're one player short

i blame his wife she gave him free rain to score on the road, AK doesnt have the energy any more

The Jazz don't design any play for him to score. The don't look for him on the offense, but then again, they really don't need to with Deronrunning the show. If he was in a different team, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts putting up bigger numbers

he was his happiest when Russia won the Euroleague FIBAS this past summer where he was a focal point. After that and before training camp he started to voicehis trade demands even louder. I think he'll get a fresh start somewhere else next season.

p1.sloan.jpg

he doesn't get as many touches and doesn't play the position he thrives in. okur, williams, and boozer have come and gotten all the attention. okurgets a lot of shots because he can shoot outside. boozer and williams have a good connection while boozer plays pf and ak47 moved to sf.

Seriously though...yea this guys numbers have fallen off some...But he is MUCH appreciated on my fantasy team..Guy is very versatile, as Im sure everyoneknows...His assist numbers from the SF spot are very good...He rebounds okay...and his steals and blocks are good money...

he does a lot of things you dont see in the stat sheet, but his production has slipped since the emergence of deron and boozer

doesnt help when they dont call any plays for you

wouldnt mind him on my team

Air273 wrote:
i blame his wife she gave him free rain to score on the road, AK doesnt have the energy any more

roll.gif
I remember after that is when his career went down hill.

He was the MVP of the european tournament some months ago, and he more than held his own against Gasol and Biedrins. He put up some great numbers. You would befoolish to think that he has really slipped, his role in Utah has been made considerably smaller over the last seasons by Sloan.

Back
Top Bottom