Why is “blocking” people from social media, or on the phone, so frowned upon?

I do it all the time because the argument and the convo isn’t going anywhere and it benefits the person that I’m blocking more than it does me
Hell I’m trying to save you some time from this pointless conversation that you could be using that energy somewhere else

But I also dislike it myself (specifically IG )
Someone can talk some **** and then disable you even being able to respond to them in the comment section and from that point I just move on let them have that W they think they got :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember back in the early 00's NT (The Dirtylicious/Henz0 era), people would get into flame wars then bust out the "The post you're reading is hidden because the user who posted It is blocked" when they started losing...
what was your sn back in the day?

If someone is constantly posting condescending and disrespectful stuff toward you on your social media. I can get the reasoning behind that. Block the negative energy and address it in person if you know them personally.

But if you’re blocking people because they disagree with you, because you posted something extremely opinionated or polarizing and they challenge your opinions in the comments and you don’t like their comments or you’re upset they’re picking apart your arguments in the comments when you welcomed this dialogue with your original post. That’s some weak fragile behavior to me.

Last edited:
Blocking people on NT is great. Makes my time here much more pleasurable. My free time is limited—why would I use it looking at what some of the bozos on here post? Makes no sense to me.
Def makes a better browsing experience. There's weirdos here that troll 100% of the time or randos that hop on your **** outta nowhere like you have history when you have no idea who this person is. I imagine that's magnified on social media.

I’m the Dream with the block/report/unfollow on social media. ****** ain’t about to wreck me and I can go about my day.

Had an old friend that was extremely immature... He would add random people on Facebook... One time he added one of my college classmates and they didn't accept him so he would try to add them every week.... My college classmate then deleted me as a friend so my friend would stop trying to add the college classmate smh...

Then he started bragging and writing on my Facebook wall every week and I would delete it... Got annoyed one day and blocked him altogether... He then proceeded to leave a nasty voicemail on my phone and that ended the friendship real quick lol

Last edited:
If people (Not saying anyone here) are scared of the incoming drama from the people they want to block, I think FB and IG have a option to "restrict" or "see less of" that person and your timeline would get cleaned up and quieter lol

For me, I block the people who use their social media account to spew Qanon/J6/Christian Nationalism basura.

NT is different than socials/number

I block people on here, sorry but I am not about to read your nonsensical arguments and go back and forth with you on here because you think slavery was a choice. In short, people are NOT entitled to their opinions. I only have a few people blocked because they frequent threads I like and have repeatedly proven to not be worth engaging.

On social media, I typically only use restrict, I am not trying to see your inspiration quote in your IG story knowing I used to sploosh in your face 10 years ago. I also aint trying to see those people who post 100 times a week. I am good. But blocking? Why? Nobody sweating me that hard for me to block them :lol:

As far as phone number etc...IDK I think blocking someone is framed as necessary more often than it should be, in my experience it's usually the person that can't control themselves talking to someone that in turn block said person, just have self control and don't talk to them anymore.

I’ve never had to block anyone on social media or NT. I think it’s because I don’t actually post/make threads, I’m always just consuming what other people have posted. I also have my IG page set to private for example.

I can def see why it’s frowned upon to block people, it’s an admission that someone bothered you enough to take action. In reality, it’s your right to do it, but our society likes to play the unbothered game

I’m a firm believer in if I don’t have your phone number I don’t wanna talk to you

which is why my form of social media stopped at forums

I never used myspace, facebook, twitter or ig

I more so look at certain things that are hobby oriented

so I don’t really need to participate

with that said my point is my block game is so strong that i block entire apps and types of people

hell I just came back to nt after years off

Back
Top Bottom