Why is Air Max Bubble Smaller on Retros?

Nike Air Max 90 Premium Infrared, 08/08/08 has a larger air bag than others.

They can do it if they really want.

I suggest a strongly worded letter to the owner of Nike and then scan and post the reply.

I am waiting.

Originally Posted by jahjahyoon

z169794935.jpg
a real air bubble.. haha kids size.

that is crazy
roll.gif

id like to remind you folks that the 'old bubbles' busted. the 'new bubbles' are hard to wear out/bust. i know we are sneakerheads and dontwear our shoes much...but when i was younger and i had jordans or air max the bubble would eventually let the air out and/or bust. so if you are a sneakerheadremind yourself these 'new bubbles' will still be air-filled in 10 years when you sell your collection or un-DS them b#!%%ches

actually those old am 95 bubbles are ugly. the protrude too much and just dont look right anymore. its kinda 'sloppy' looking

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Originally Posted by cOuntrybOygOtHEaT

I know Nike's thinking about the enviorment, but I do miss those fat air bubbles. The new air bubbles just make the entire shoe flatter. I mean, it might not be a big thing to some people, and that's alright, but it's definitely a BIG deal to me, especially having the FAT OGs when I was younger and now anticipating the retros and end up with a FLAT shoe. It's not just about the air itself, it's the principle behind it. All I'm saying is, if you bring back a shoe, do right by it and bring it back the way it used to be.

I know I might get vilified by all these tree-huggers on here, but I can care less about going green if it has to come to this. I DON'T CARE! GIVE ME MORE AIR! I DON'T CARE! I WANT MORE AIR!

You need to get a life...its not that serious

right back at ya square

Originally Posted by typecast3

actually those old am 95 bubbles are ugly. the protrude too much and just dont look right anymore. its kinda 'sloppy' looking

That's dumb, the new ones are ugly. If sloppy means bringing back things the way they were, then I'll have my sloppy joe.

Originally Posted by DreSlay

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Originally Posted by cOuntrybOygOtHEaT

I know Nike's thinking about the enviorment, but I do miss those fat air bubbles. The new air bubbles just make the entire shoe flatter. I mean, it might not be a big thing to some people, and that's alright, but it's definitely a BIG deal to me, especially having the FAT OGs when I was younger and now anticipating the retros and end up with a FLAT shoe. It's not just about the air itself, it's the principle behind it. All I'm saying is, if you bring back a shoe, do right by it and bring it back the way it used to be.

I know I might get vilified by all these tree-huggers on here, but I can care less about going green if it has to come to this. I DON'T CARE! GIVE ME MORE AIR! I DON'T CARE! I WANT MORE AIR!

You need to get a life...its not that serious
i second that

Why-is-Air-Max-Bubble-Smaller-on-Retros-.html

jump off a cliff

punks

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

environment?? i dont think Nike went green, i think they went cheap

And I don't think you read the thread, or followed any of the numerous links.

s t f u , you cant believe everything you read and I think it had more to do than with just the "environment"

Don't really care about the size of an air bubble. Doesn't make or break a shoe in my opinion.

U ALREADY!!!

Nothing can be done now. Nike is gonna most likely stick to the smaller air bubbles now that its environmentally friendly. Personally, I dont care Im coppinthe kicks I like small bubble or not

This topics been done to death. The future of the world has nothing to do with the size of the window, ive read thesubmission about it, it's bull, anyone can see that. Nike will keep the real reason a trade secret for ever. I still think it's more than likely cost,or a designer that likes the way they look more.

For those of you that want to argue that they CANT make them bigger, check out the premium infrareds released last year.Bigger air unit. Not biggest, just bigger.

It sucks, such a big difference. I have older 95s with big air bubbles, but I can't pass on good retros with colors I like. (Just copped freshwaters)

Griffey will be up next and those bubbles suck, but I can't pass.....

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

s t f u , you cant believe everything you read and I think it had more to do than with just the "environment"

So, "Pimp", please clarify for me: are you saying you have done actual research onthis issue? (I'll go out on a limb and guess "no".)

Please start with the BusinessWeek articlefrom 2006. Maybe "Nike Air Technology Explained". Read the actual patents. Then follow up with my postshere and here.

Then I invite you to--please--return and enlighten us all, poking (metaphorical) holes in these stories of fact with your devastating logic. If you can, I'll gladly "s t f u". If not, please stop running your mouth and keeping this ridiculous hypothesis alive... yes, you can'tbelieve everything you read, and I'll start with you--if you have nothing to back up your "it's not about the environment,Nike's just being cheap" statements.

Finally, an obligatory cut-and-paste for the record:
As I said in my first post on this subject:
- Yes, if you can't read between the lines,
obviously I'vebeen closely involved in this whole effort. For seven of my ten years at Nike, as a matter of fact.
- I'm speaking for myself, not as any sort of official spokesperson.
- I post about it because I care about it, and worked my #%% off about it.
- I love my job. Love my job. The thought of ever losing my dream job makes me physically ill. Having said that, anyone involved withNike footwear creation could probably figure out who I am in about five minutes, for those who didn't know already. And if I was out here spreading secretsor misinformation, well, that would probably get me canned. So I would never, ever stick my neck out on NT with anything other than solidtruth. Or spilling secrets on future stuff, so don't even try.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom