Why is Eminem garbage? Give me a GOOD reason.

I understand not liking a rapper for whatever reason. 

But how can you call someone garbage, which basically equates to having no skill, just because you dislike what they do?

I have yet to find someone who can give me a legit reason why Eminem is garbage.  And don't give me "I just don't like what he does", give me a legit reason (lyrically, beat selection, hooks, storytelling, etc).  

Content and "relatability" are not a legit reasons either.  I'm sure we've like plenty of rappers who rap about things we know nothing about because they did it in a skillful.

This isn't about personal opinions or how you feel about his sales or that you think he's overrated.  I want to know why he falls into the bad rapper/garbage category.  Why does Eminem = VIC?

I understand not liking a rapper for whatever reason. 

But how can you call someone garbage, which basically equates to having no skill, just because you dislike what they do?

I have yet to find someone who can give me a legit reason why Eminem is garbage.  And don't give me "I just don't like what he does", give me a legit reason (lyrically, beat selection, hooks, storytelling, etc).  

Content and "relatability" are not a legit reasons either.  I'm sure we've like plenty of rappers who rap about things we know nothing about because they did it in a skillful.

This isn't about personal opinions or how you feel about his sales or that you think he's overrated.  I want to know why he falls into the bad rapper/garbage category.  Why does Eminem = VIC?

it's all opinion man

10000000000% OPINION... if someone gives you an answer that they perceive as valid, you may disregard it immediately because at the end of the day neither of your opinions are fact...

just part of life..

it's all opinion man

10000000000% OPINION... if someone gives you an answer that they perceive as valid, you may disregard it immediately because at the end of the day neither of your opinions are fact...

just part of life..

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

it's all opinion man

just part of life..

I hear you and I agree.  

I just want to hear the reasons though.  Because most of the reasons I hear aren't really based on things rap skill related.  It's like "oh he's talking about stuff I don't know about" or "his songs are silly".  I get that.  I'm a grown black man...a lot of his lyrics don't pertain to me.  But I see the skill that is there.

I'm not here to argue.  I'm here to see the answers that are given that are different from the ones I've already heard.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

it's all opinion man

just part of life..

I hear you and I agree.  

I just want to hear the reasons though.  Because most of the reasons I hear aren't really based on things rap skill related.  It's like "oh he's talking about stuff I don't know about" or "his songs are silly".  I get that.  I'm a grown black man...a lot of his lyrics don't pertain to me.  But I see the skill that is there.

I'm not here to argue.  I'm here to see the answers that are given that are different from the ones I've already heard.

eminem-young-290x300.jpg

He has talent...but after his last two albums I haven't liked him as much. I actually haven't listened to an album of his since the Eminem show. He's the only "great" rapper that doesn't get killed for falling off. Its either that or he continues to talk about the same nonsense that I do not want to hear.

He has talent...but after his last two albums I haven't liked him as much. I actually haven't listened to an album of his since the Eminem show. He's the only "great" rapper that doesn't get killed for falling off. Its either that or he continues to talk about the same nonsense that I do not want to hear.

Have nevery been able to listen to an Eminem album front to back and none of his albums has any replay value for me.

Have nevery been able to listen to an Eminem album front to back and none of his albums has any replay value for me.

I dont think anyone thinks he's Flo-Rida garbage. It's just to some he isn't same as circa '97-01. IMO he's changed a whole lot. Sure everyone has put out bricks, but you couldn't pay me to listen to Encore or any of those albums.

I dont think anyone thinks he's Flo-Rida garbage. It's just to some he isn't same as circa '97-01. IMO he's changed a whole lot. Sure everyone has put out bricks, but you couldn't pay me to listen to Encore or any of those albums.

I love em and the reason's ive heard for not liking him are:

1. Choruses - he can't sing and tries to on Recovery a lot. It is annoying to hear that
2. His voice in general - It is high pitched, he yells, its just unlistenable. I can see this because thats my reason for disliking Mike Posner his voice just bothers me. Same reason i hated Relapse, the stupid accent was just annoying.
3. Subject Matter - Obvious if you can't relate you can't relate. I listen to Currensy's new album and just don't like it. Why because i don't smoke weed. Same with Abstract Rude just all weed rap i don't do it so i can't relate at all.

Spoiler [+]
recovery > teflon don

1. Choruses - he can't sing and tries to on Recovery a lot. It is annoying to hear that
2. His voice in general - It is high pitched, he yells, its just unlistenable. I can see this because thats my reason for disliking Mike Posner his voice just bothers me. Same reason i hated Relapse, the stupid accent was just annoying.
3. Subject Matter - Obvious if you can't relate you can't relate. I listen to Currensy's new album and just don't like it. Why because i don't smoke weed. Same with Abstract Rude just all weed rap i don't do it so i can't relate at all.

Spoiler [+]
recovery > teflon don

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Spoiler [+]
recovery > teflon don
So you'd like to kill your girlfriend and have gotten raped by a teacher before?

Spoiler [+]
recovery > teflon don
So you'd like to kill your girlfriend and have gotten raped by a teacher before?

He's got talent, but I don't see much differentiation in his material that dropped in the late 90's and what he's putting out today. I gotta agree w. Scott Frost....most of his work (to me) doesn't have replay value.

He's got talent, but I don't see much differentiation in his material that dropped in the late 90's and what he's putting out today. I gotta agree w. Scott Frost....most of his work (to me) doesn't have replay value.

b/c he's a better lyricist/rapper than their fav rapper (for the most part, depending on who you talk to but to EVERY RAPPER in the game past or present, em is one of the greatest of all time)

b/c he's sells more than their fav rapper (all of them)

b/c he's a better lyricist/rapper than their fav rapper (for the most part, depending on who you talk to but to EVERY RAPPER in the game past or present, em is one of the greatest of all time)

b/c he's sells more than their fav rapper (all of them)

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Spoiler [+]
recovery > teflon don
Huh, I didn't like nor did i purchase relapse.  He was trying too hard to be SSLP em because that's what people said that they wanted.  Then he did it with that dumb accent and it (to me and apparently him) was terrible.

He relaxed found himself and put out recovery.  Which to me is amazing

Spoiler [+]
Sometimes i want to kill my gf lol

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Spoiler [+]
recovery > teflon don
Huh, I didn't like nor did i purchase relapse.  He was trying too hard to be SSLP em because that's what people said that they wanted.  Then he did it with that dumb accent and it (to me and apparently him) was terrible.

He relaxed found himself and put out recovery.  Which to me is amazing

Spoiler [+]
Sometimes i want to kill my gf lol

Back
Top Bottom