Why is Fabolous so underrated?

Best thing that came from fab to me was breathe. He's always been overrated but he's super average. Like dudes said before u can't identify with son too. Everything I know about son is because his girl when I used to watch lhhny with my girl.

Had poor direction and label. Didn't have a good A&R.

He's made some bad albums. I've never liked more than 5 or 6 songs from one of his albums, so he never fully realized his potential.

His mixtapes have been better because he didn't use a formula to making an album. If he would have been with a crew of in house producers like Rocafella or even Murder Inc he would have been better.

I salute his longevity and he's managed to maintain his popularity from mixtapes

That Friday Night tape he put out over the summer was fire. I only listen to his mixtapes. TINC 2 and the Soul Tapes. He can't make a good album for **** but his mixtapes are great.

Last edited:
Fab's mixtape game >>>>> Albums. More Street Dreams Part 2 is a personal classic to me. Him and Paul Cain on "renegade" is fire. I know those verses word for word to this day.

Real Talk was dope too. "Breathe" is one of the best songs in rap history.

Fab is in a weird area where he's truly seen as a "Young OG". Like dude doesn't seem really that old, but he's been around a long time and is actually old by hip hop standards.

He is underrated some though. He has like 4 platinum albums and quite a number of top 10 hits. Fab is like the Mitch Ritchmond of rap. Consistent for a long time. Put up great stats, well respected...was memorable and hot at one point...but was never really the "guy", or had a Huge individual moment.

Last edited:
Breathe is still an all time great debut single.

Breathe wasn't even close to Fab's debut single :lol:.

"Can't deny it" came out in 01, and was a top 25 record. Fab followed that up with a string of hits before breathe.

Breathe came out in like '04-05

Breathe wasn't even close to Fab's debut single
laugh.gif

"Can't deny it" came out in 01, and was a top 25 record. Fab followed that up with a string of hits before breathe.

Breathe came out in like '04-05
I looked on his wikipedia and found that out. I was a  bit young when can't deny it came out and forgot all about it and the stuff prior to breathe. Breathe just stuck with me.

Breathe is still an all time great debut single.
Hold up, what?!

Ok, I'll stop clowning on the guy since this will probably the 3rd or 4th post clowning on him. 

Let me just help re-educate him on what Fab's debut single was, so he can avoid another one of these happening to him 

I looked on his wikipedia and found that out. I was a  bit young when can't deny it came out and forgot all about it and the stuff prior to breathe. Breathe just stuck with me.

Can't deny it
Holla Back
Superwoman
Uh oh
Can't let you go
Into you
Basketball
Trade it all pt 2
This is my party
Make u mine
Think y'all know by now
Throwback
Do the damn thing

Were all before well before "Breathe". If you're a younging...I understand...I'm only 25...and remember well when Fab dropped all of these. I was about 11-15 in his prime.

Breathe is Fab's Magnun Opus....but dude had legit HITS way before Breathe

Fab was the guy that made you wanna rock a throwback jersey back in the early 2000s, let's be honest

Fab is a Legend IMO. He just couldnt make great/classic albums. Mixtapes on the other hand.....

I swear only NY ****** could think Fab is underrated.

Fab is an underachiever. He's not underrated.

When I Can't Deny It and Holla Back were getting play I thought I'd be listening to Fab's music for decades to come.

Instead we got a career full of mediocrity. Dude is pretty pedestrian with a terrible ear for beats and hooks.

For the life of me I can't figure out how he's underrated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom