WHY IS GUCCI MAN HOT????

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Lol, im with guy. You're as smart as the music you listen to.. so all of your are ignorant and of very little intelligence.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
do you not uderstand how dumb that statement is. I listen to EVERYTHING including Gucci Mane. Marvin Gaye (Here my dear on deck ight now), Willie Hutch, Al Green, Yea Yea Yeahs, Nas, War, The Dells. The Beatles, I even got some classical/opera +@+ I dig from my music appreciation class. But because I like Gucci Im a !+##*##? What about thse dudes who demand to hear Gucci Mane and OJ at colleges I DJ. Are they dumb too?

While we on Hip Hop lets go back to the beginning where rocking the crowd was the priority. it wasnt about what you said but HOW YOU SAID IT. It wasnt about the lyrics but how the DJ blended tracks together to make a beat. Lets take it back to before it was about listen to a lyrics on your ipod in a corner thinking you deep cause the rapper you listening to has something to say, before lil kids came on message boards thinking they knew what real music is but only lists rappers as there evidence. Back to when hip hop was about the party not the politics. It was about the street but the party at the same time.

You so called elitist have no idea Hip Hop started decades before Illmatic came out. Because if you REALLY wanna take it there Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy are more hip hop than Nas is

eda264e3a626a4437a21de88409e4f5c6d7257e1.gif
YOU REALLY WROTE THAT

cartune wrote:
FrankReynolds420 wrote:
Lol, im with guy. You're as smart as the music you listen to.. so all of your are ignorant and of very little intelligence.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
do you not uderstand how dumb that statement is. I listen to EVERYTHING including Gucci Mane. Marvin Gaye (Here my dear on deck ight now), Willie Hutch, Al Green, Yea Yea Yeahs, Nas, War, The Dells. The Beatles, I even got some classical/opera +@+ I dig from my music appreciation class. But because I like Gucci Im a !+##*##? What about thse dudes who demand to hear Gucci Mane and OJ at colleges I DJ. Are they dumb too?

While we on Hip Hop lets go back to the beginning where rocking the crowd was the priority. it wasnt about what you said but HOW YOU SAID IT. It wasnt about the lyrics but how the DJ blended tracks together to make a beat. Lets take it back to before it was about listen to a lyrics on your ipod in a corner thinking you deep cause the rapper you listening to has something to say, before lil kids came on message boards thinking they knew what real music is but only lists rappers as there evidence. Back to when hip hop was about the party not the politics. It was about the street but the party at the same time.

You so called elitist have no idea Hip Hop started decades before Illmatic came out. Because if you REALLY wanna take it there Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy are more hip hop than Nas is

[NT response]
2deb29d7df24d918f7d7a5b2b604e6c0bfb74ae4
[NT response]

Yea Suckas , lol Yea BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYEEEEE. Check mofo mate. Like i said, Yall wanna get on the superman dance etc, its no different then our parents gettin onus, sayin the diddy bop, the runnin man, +@% is that, Now the hustle, the jerk thats a real dance. The same way u saying its causing kids to be materialistic,was the same thing our parents said when we asked for 30 dollar shelltoes, and a 60 buck black leather coat, to be like run dmc.

Just like yall saying its wack, lame kids with there 2 tall tees etc, our parents and older generations etc said it was stupid to take a fresh pait of 25 bucklevis,sergio valentes jeans and purposely cut them, rip them, or take ur dads enamel spray paint and color designs etc on them. Or how u kids look like damnhobos having a crack attack, spinning around gyrating crazy outside on a cardboard box. Same as yall complainin about folks spending money stupid on bigchains, gold teeth etc. Our folks said the same about kids emulating rappers with caddy medallions on they necks, and how kids was going around jacking folksfor there caddy emblems offa the cars and spray painting them with gold paint. Or stealing bike chains dog chains and spraying them with gold paint.

My point is any argument yall got about new age hip hop etc, and all how it aint real true hip hop or real music, i can say about the music u guys say is realmusic. Trust me i heard enough of the s*&t growing up from the old heads and my parents.

Artists in other musical genres do beef and you can't expect Elton John to carry it like Maino, so that whole comparison is out of order.

Buddens can't put together a quality album and his personalty turns people off so his obscurity is all on him. Immortal Technique isn't pleasing to theear and lacks balance, so his situation is on him too.

I'm heavy into lyricism and don't really rock with Royce because of his style and voice, eventhough hes a lyrical monster.

Like I said before. Wack music is wack music, whether it be educated or ignorant wackness.

The difference is the quality and integrity of the music. The Clipse spit about nothing but Yay but they do it at an extremely high level and do it with suchintegrity that you actually have to have a degree of intelligence to catch their references and intricacies of their lyrics. Sacrface is as gutter as they comebut his music has always been structured and real from day 1. Luke's music was all about fun, bass and {()}but cats respected it because it was real musicwith real instrumentation and marketed to adults.

At this moment ignorant rap that sounds as uninspired as possible is the new fad and its being pushed from all angles. These new artists are painfully wack butpeople are still indulging in them on some masochistic s_. Its just a cult following that is being fed by the Universals and Columbias of the world. Look athow much money is being put behind artists like Ace Hood and how horribly they are flopping. Thats to show that its not the people dictating whats ontelevision and the radio, its them horse back riding, millionaire execs trying to shove a product down the consumers throat that they don't want. When youput 500K behind an artist and they only sell 4K albums, logic would tell you its time to try a different angle, not invest in another 12 Ace Hoodss.

I never gave Gucci and OJ a real chance because their flows, lyrics, voice or content just turn me off from the jump but too each his own. I appreciate streetmusic. I appreciate party much but I need quality and integrity in my music. I'm not gonna like some s_ just because someone else likes it.

Thats where all this "hate" comes from. There are millions of hip-hop consumers that are frustrated and want more variety in their music and morereal choices. They don't know about a Skyzoo or a Sha Stimuli, so they turn their hate on Gucci and OJ. In the 90's you could turn on the radio andhear the Tribe spit about a blind date gone bad or hear Ice Cube talk about airing someone out with an AK...now there is no variety, no choice, no realism, nosoul.

I mess with Southern Trap music...
Drama%20Trap%20Or%20Die.jpg

I don't mess with ignorant garbage...
00_dj_messiah_and_oj_da_juiceman_still_servin_babies-bootleg-2009-front-djleak.jpg

yung718 wrote:
cartune wrote:
FrankReynolds420 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eda264e3a626a4437a21de88409e4f5c6d7257e1.gif
YOU REALLY WROTE THAT

He is by yall definition. Hip hop wasnt about lyrics(aka mc stands for master of ceremony) Aint no way in hell u gonna tell me furious 5 was mc shy d or thefat boys or roxanne did, that has better lyrics then bun b, or t.i. Rap was about partying, having a good time, Being live festive. Aint s*&t on moodmuzik, mf doomsday, etc thats live upbeat party all the time.

Also to the people who say they are a ministrel show. So souljah boy with painted suglesses looks ignorant. But a crackhead skinny black dude with every toothin his mouth gold, with a fat a$% big ben clock around his neck looks dignified and is a positive outlook for african americans lol
roll.gif
. Yall sounds qwaaaaaaaaaaazy. How does a dude look ****ish with a mohawk, yet adude with a box as tall as the empire state building with a design of the eiffle tower, looks dignified.

So yall really gonna tell me girls with they a#$ hanging half way out looks ghetto trashy, but a chick with kool-aid dyed hair, big a$% gypsy hoop earings andnails so long they curl in they hands, walking around with a picture of a naked smurfet airbrushed on a pager(yet didnt have a working phone to call them backon) aint ignorant.

2rmuzcn.jpg

Hilarious.

These southern dudes always get so mad and go back to the tired "but this was how hip hop started !" argument, like serious rap fans don't knowthat. Obviously the DJ was the corner stone (and still is), the point is it evolved and progressed from just that party music to something more substantial asthe MC grew more prominent. Nothing wrong with a little trap/hype music, but there's no need to pretend like some of this stuff isn't really justtrash. No one I know really takes these dudes seriously beyond just looking at them as clowns. They are really the clowns of hip hop. What do clowns do ?entertain. That's all it is. Dudes put on the little Gucci or whatever to laugh at how stupid the lyrics are and listen to the beat bump. That's it.None of these dudes are rappers to be taken seriously, or MC's at all, period.

I mean, it's so much of a joke that when I'm bored in class a lot of the time I'll rip out a sheet of paper and write Gucci verses with my boys andtry not to get kicked out of class for laughing so hard at how stupid it is. We literally made a game out of how much of a joke these guys are. How people seethese CLOWNS as serious dudes is beyond me. That being said, BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

2rmuzcn.jpg

I challenge u on that, Post some bars from the og's of rap like furious 5, kurtis blow, grandmaster flash. And ill post some from like young jeezy, lilwayne, rick ross etc. No way in hell the lyrics of the ogs will have more content, more depth, better overall rhyme schemes, and better overall lyrics.

Originally Posted by LDJ

He is by yall definition. Hip hop wasnt about lyrics(aka mc stands for master of ceremony) Aint no way in hell u gonna tell me furious 5 was mc shy d or the fat boys or roxanne did, that has better lyrics then bun b, or t.i. Rap was about partying, having a good time, Being live festive. Aint s*&t on mood muzik, mf doomsday, etc thats live upbeat party all the time.

Also to the people who say they are a ministrel show. So souljah boy with painted suglesses looks ignorant. But a crackhead skinny black dude with every tooth in his mouth gold, with a fat a$% big ben clock around his neck looks dignified and is a positive outlook for african americans lol
roll.gif
. Yall sounds qwaaaaaaaaaaazy. How does a dude look ****ish with a mohawk, yet a dude with a box as tall as the empire state building with a design of the eiffle tower, looks dignified.

So yall really gonna tell me girls with they a#$ hanging half way out looks ghetto trashy, but a chick with kool-aid dyed hair, big a$% gypsy hoop earings and nails so long they curl in they hands, walking around with a picture of a naked smurfet airbrushed on a pager(yet didnt have a working phone to call them back on) aint ignorant.

I don't even know what you talking about with this one.

People been calling Flav a minstrel for some time now.

[h3]Minstrel Show Flava Flav: A ****ing Disgrace to the Black Race[/h3]
Written by SOHH Reckless

Posted on May 23, 2008 7:09 AM

Furious 5 was all about partying and being festive?...What you talking about B? For real.....

hey ya'll, we're having a ball
I hope you're doing fine because any time is a happy time for a birthday party rhyme
Everybody get up
Hey ya'll, I'm having a ball
I hope you're doing fine because any time is a happy time for a birthday party rhyme
Hit it

Rock star lifestyle might don't make it
Living life high everyday click wasted
Sipping on purple stuff rolling up stanky
Wake up in the morning 10 clock dranking

Sounds like they had the same motive

Originally Posted by LDJ

2rmuzcn.jpg

I challenge u on that, Post some bars from the og's of rap like furious 5, kurtis blow, grandmaster flash. And ill post some from like young jeezy, lil wayne, rick ross etc. No way in hell the lyrics of the ogs will have more content, more depth, better overall rhyme schemes, and better overall lyrics.

The highlighted line lists Gucci Mane, Souljah Boy and Nas...where you getting Jeezy, Wayne, Rick Ross and Kurtis Blow from?

What you can do is post the best Gucci verse of 09 and i'll post a verse from 20 years ago that crushes it in all lyrical categories, as well as productionand entertainment...since you want to take it there.

hey ya'll, we're having a ball
Everybody get up
Hey ya'll, I'm having a ball
Hit it

Rock star lifestyle might don't make it
Living life high everyday click wasted
Sipping on purple stuff rolling up stanky
Wake up in the morning 10 clock dranking

Sounds like they had the same motive
eek.gif
roll.gif

My _ stooping looow.

Originally Posted by LDJ

2rmuzcn.jpg

I challenge u on that, Post some bars from the og's of rap like furious 5, kurtis blow, grandmaster flash. And ill post some from like young jeezy, lil wayne, rick ross etc. No way in hell the lyrics of the ogs will have more content, more depth, better overall rhyme schemes, and better overall lyrics.
14126953852ea4877f21b883b84ec23820d74d28.gif
I HAD ENOUGH

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

read what I said in context and supply an argument. Obviously that statement was going to hurt feelings.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by R

Hilarious.

These southern dudes always get so mad and go back to the tired "but this was how hip hop started !" argument, like serious rap fans don't know that. Obviously the DJ was the corner stone (and still is), the point is it evolved and progressed from just that party music to something more substantial as the MC grew more prominent. Nothing wrong with a little trap/hype music, but there's no need to pretend like some of this stuff isn't really just trash. No one I know really takes these dudes seriously beyond just looking at them as clowns. They are really the clowns of hip hop. What do clowns do ? entertain. That's all it is. Dudes put on the little Gucci or whatever to laugh at how stupid the lyrics are and listen to the beat bump. That's it. None of these dudes are rappers to be taken seriously, or MC's at all, period.

I mean, it's so much of a joke that when I'm bored in class a lot of the time I'll rip out a sheet of paper and write Gucci verses with my boys and try not to get kicked out of class for laughing so hard at how stupid it is. We literally made a game out of how much of a joke these guys are. How people see these CLOWNS as serious dudes is beyond me. That being said, BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Same things is said and done about these so called real rappers, We lol out at them when they show up 2 clubs nd dude run up on the girl and sayim taking her home 2nite, or when they say they hardcore gangsta and talk down about a artist then when they group get confronted by the one dude they talkabout, they hide behind there body guards and the pu^%y dries up and they turn beach real fast.

We lol at how they on blogs complainin how they broke and its the fans fault, its the "white mans" fault, he has cleverly manipulated the youthagain. Its all a conspiracy lol. We lol at them as they instead of doing wat they need 2 do 2 sell records become relevant, be successful, they keep saying ohnah i dont wanna make money, i do this s*&t so the few can say i keeps it real, i do it 4 the wannabe suburb kids who think they know about the hood.

I do it for the real fans who critic hate on other artist, but like mines but dont buy it, they just sit complain and beach about why rick ross went platinum.Yes i make music so lames can say i preserve the essence of the art. F*&k trying to iuno generate revenue, its ok that my car got repoed, its cool imbehind on child support, i dont mind living in a studio apt. Its all good as long as the sacred treasured artform that is quintessential to the uplifting andempowerment of african americans. I maintain its true origins, oops i mean not its true origins just how the music was in the early mid 90's.

Da hell with t.i. and his ability to support feed his kids and future generations, f*&k that n*&$a jeezy, with his oh im set 4 life and can livecomfortable 4ever. He aint real, u aint real unless u angry at the white man and society, talk about how minorities have it so bad, blame the white man fordrugs/cime in the community, get the longest/biggest words out the theasarus(yet im so so educated, although im a 6th grade dropout lol), to describe y i ammad, and make sure i go up and beyond to make sure my career is an epic fail. But its all good its corporate fault its media fault, its the white man damndevils lol, he strategically with his trickery, manipulated me into bad contracts(although im so so smart i mean look at my lyrics... lol).Oh well doesntmatter im keeping it 100, yea son word up yea so word is born, son son im so hood yea yamean.

Since you tryna compare Gucci to the old school rappers, why go the North East ? Let's look at one of the few Southern OG crews that gets respect amongstreal heads...

Gucci and the rest of the clowns are basically doing the same thing, except worse, in 2009.

You know your region is pathetic when you give props to your new "rappers" for doing WORSE imitations of crews that came out 20-30 years earlier.Where's the progression ? The reason we have a GOLDEN ERA is because the music evolved BEYOND this and became what "hip hop" is when we talkabout the G Raps, and the Nas's. On a side note, if you ever wanna get Southern "rap" fans into a heated argument, just bring up Nas's name.Something about that dude just gets them mad, probably because he encompasses everything they, as a whole region, are pretty much unable to ever accomplish
laugh.gif

The South is so much of a joke in the hip hop world that the few legends they do have (which I can count on one hand) such as Scarface and T-Boy getovershadowed by this trash. I seriously think it might be something in the water down there that stunts these dudes beyond doing anything more serious thanbounce bop music.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Same things is said and done about these so called real rappers, We lol out at them when they show up 2 clubs nd dude run up on the girl and say im taking her home 2nite, or when they say they hardcore gangsta and talk down about a artist then when they group get confronted by the one dude they talk about, they hide behind there body guards and the pu^%y dries up and they turn beach real fast.

We lol at how they on blogs complainin how they broke and its the fans fault, its the "white mans" fault, he has cleverly manipulated the youth again. Its all a conspiracy lol. We lol at them as they instead of doing wat they need 2 do 2 sell records become relevant, be successful, they keep saying oh nah i dont wanna make money, i do this s*&t so the few can say i keeps it real, i do it 4 the wannabe suburb kids who think they know about the hood.

I do it for the real fans who critic hate on other artist, but like mines but dont buy it, they just sit complain and beach about why rick ross went platinum. Yes i make music so lames can say i preserve the essence of the art. F*&k trying to iuno generate revenue, its ok that my car got repoed, its cool im behind on child support, i dont mind living in a studio apt. Its all good as long as the sacred treasured artform that is quintessential to the uplifting and empowerment of african americans. I maintain its true origins, oops i mean not its true origins just how the music was in the early mid 90's.

Da hell with t.i. and his ability to support feed his kids and future generations, f*&k that n*&$a jeezy, with his oh im set 4 life and can live comfortable 4ever. He aint real, u aint real unless u angry at the white man and society, talk about how minorities have it so bad, blame the white man for drugs/cime in the community, get the longest/biggest words out the theasarus(yet im so so educated, although im a 6th grade dropout lol), to describe y i am mad, and make sure i go up and beyond to make sure my career is an epic fail. But its all good its corporate fault its media fault, its the white man damn devils lol, he strategically with his trickery, manipulated me into bad contracts(although im so so smart i mean look at my lyrics... lol).Oh well doesnt matter im keeping it 100, yea son word up yea so word is born, son son im so hood yea yamean.
2eaqvt5.jpg

23idso9.jpg

HueyP in LouieV wrote:
Originally Posted by LDJ

He is by yall definition. Hip hop wasnt about lyrics(aka mc stands for master of ceremony) Aint no way in hell u gonna tell me furious 5 was mc shy d or the fat boys or roxanne did, that has better lyrics then bun b, or t.i. Rap was about partying, having a good time, Being live festive. Aint s*&t on mood muzik, mf doomsday, etc thats live upbeat party all the time.

Also to the people who say they are a ministrel show. So souljah boy with painted suglesses looks ignorant. But a crackhead skinny black dude with every tooth in his mouth gold, with a fat a$% big ben clock around his neck looks dignified and is a positive outlook for african americans lol
roll.gif
. Yall sounds qwaaaaaaaaaaazy. How does a dude look ****ish with a mohawk, yet a dude with a box as tall as the empire state building with a design of the eiffle tower, looks dignified.

So yall really gonna tell me girls with they a#$ hanging half way out looks ghetto trashy, but a chick with kool-aid dyed hair, big a$% gypsy hoop earings and nails so long they curl in they hands, walking around with a picture of a naked smurfet airbrushed on a pager(yet didnt have a working phone to call them back on) aint ignorant.

I don't even know what you talking about with this one.

People been calling Flav a minstrel for some time now.

[h3]Minstrel Show Flava Flav: A ****ing Disgrace to the Black Race[/h3]
Written by SOHH Reckless

Posted on May 23, 2008 7:09 AM

Furious 5 was all about partying and being festive?...What you talking about B? For real.....

WOW one track lol, and i know what u gonna say they had several, but how many got play? how many are known. All im saying is if souljah boy looks like a clown.How does a dude with a velour suit some big a&^ cazell sunglasses, and a furry fishermans hat made of fur from the finest ferret a#$ not look stupid. Sokid and play dont look stupid lol !%!! here.

Ok u post a kid n play/fat boys track, with lyrics, and ill post lil wayne(since yall say he is garbage)� and ill post some slim thug lyrics. You give me a rundmc track, ill post a outkast track, i promise u it will eat a can of tamales and beans, drink a gallon of prune juice, chase it with a laxative, and take aserious s*&t on them in any format u wanna judge on.

Originally Posted by R

Since you tryna compare Gucci to the old school rappers, why go the North East ? Let's look at one of the few Southern OG crews that gets respect amongst real heads...

Gucci and the rest of the clowns are basically doing the same thing, except worse, in 2009.

You know your region is pathetic when you give props to your new "rappers" for doing WORSE imitations of crews that came out 20-30 years earlier. Where's the progression ? The reason we have a GOLDEN ERA is because the music evolved BEYOND this and became what "hip hop" is when we talk about the G Raps, and the Nas's. On a side note, if you ever wanna get Southern "rap" fans into a heated argument, just bring up Nas's name. Something about that dude just gets them mad, probably because he encompasses everything they, as a whole region, are pretty much unable to ever accomplish
laugh.gif

The South is so much of a joke in the hip hop world that the few legends they do have (which I can count on one hand) such as Scarface and T-Boy get overshadowed by this trash. I seriously think it might be something in the water down there that stunts these dudes beyond doing anything more serious than bounce bop music.
See you getting defensive thinking this a region thing Im a fan of all hip hop bruh. Im talking about when hip hop started what it was. Or are yousuggesting hip hop started in the south during the 80s?

Back
Top Bottom