Why is Jordan Brand in such a hurry to get retros out?

Nowadays colorways re- and re-re-retro every 3-5 years, so as long as JB can recycle them, people will probably buy.

Because what is going on now is a fad with the mainstream and they are pumping them out a product placing like crazy. Once Kanye tells people it isn't cool anymore it will end. In 2001 I walked into a finishline in the Philadelphia area at 8 am and copped the Concord 11 retro no problem same for the Playoff 11. Only thing I needed to be worried about was getting there a couple minutes before they opened. Usually only a couple of dudes were there (buying 1 pair I might add). You probably could get your size at least until noon. Of course if you wanted a white on white AF1 you had to hunt those down.....lol. See it will calm down and JB will try new tricks to lure those buyers in. My theory is when these get stale JB will all of a sudden release the Nike Air versions of the retros mark my words. 

I like it , this way i get to rock all my J's without worrying about never obtaining another pair in the future.
Since JB will release them soon enough. 

Enjoy your shoes everybody, cus in the end that is what they are.

Originally Posted by Nickatnite

I think they gonna run out of things to retro and maybe start to re-retro things or start retro-ing Jordan 15's and up with different colorways....

Umm where have you been the past year? Tons of re-retros.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Because they need to capitalize on the "sneakerhead" trend right now. They're taking advantage of the fad, and are pumping as much through the pipes as possible. They keep an eye on the trend, and when it dies down, and goes back to business as usual, they'll stop over saturating.

Nike are killer businessmen. They know exactly what they're doing.

Exactly. I feel like people don't realize that eventually the hype will die down. It always does. And majority of the new sneakerheads will stop coppin. And everything will go back to normal.

Originally Posted by Crystalmethod

Because they need to capitalize on the "sneakerhead" trend right now. They're taking advantage of the fad, and are pumping as much through the pipes as possible. They keep an eye on the trend, and when it dies down, and goes back to business as usual, they'll stop over saturating.

Exactly. I feel like people don't realize that eventually the hype will die down. It always does. And majority of the new sneakerheads will stop coppin. And everything will go back to normal.

What exactly is "normal"? Personally I don't see this trend dying down anytime soon at all, because alot of these new "sneakerheads" are actually your run of the mill resellers trying to capitalize on everyone else's passion for this...

Nike keeps raising prices and people still make sure the majority of shoes sell out, and it won't be over until people stop going through hula hoops to buy from Nike and JB.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

because they have to make up for their annual signature model profit loss...

QFT. It hurts so much I can't get the J's I want anymore due to resellers price. Couldn't even get the last cg drop because this bull. The non stop price hikes doesn't help either.

MJ trying to recoup the coin he had to give Juanita in the divorce settlement.

That and HB's trying to outdo each other and get every release.

Well if you own a franchise like the Bobcats, you better be making tons of money else where.

Originally Posted by eddo1005

Well if you own a franchise like the Bobcats, you better be making tons of money else where.
Maybe he will start taking on salaries instead of dumping veterans for a rebuilding effort. Need a competitive team to sell seats and suites.
More releases = more $ for Nike/JB

Originally Posted by rickyfong

because they have to make up for their annual signature model profit loss...

QFT. It hurts so much I can't get the J's I want anymore due to resellers price. Couldn't even get the last cg drop because this bull. The non stop price hikes doesn't help either.
Same for me, everyone that actually wants to wear the shoes has to go through that much more of an effort

Originally Posted by prison mike

It wasn't not too long ago that NT'ers were complaining about the lack of retro's being released. I swear, nike is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Yup 
laugh.gif

Two things I see that have come into play recently:
1. Kids born in the mid-90's are starting to buy any and every retro released. It kinda ties into the whole snapback, 90's style fad going on right now.
2. Recent "sneakerheads" will buy any new kobe/Lebron/retro Jordan/foam regardless how ugly they are (look at the what the kobe's) because they're hard to get and hyped online.

Striking while the iron is hot. Jordan retros can only last for so long. That is why certain classics are just getting retroed or still have not been retroed. When the hype eventually dies down, they will release a retro (space jam with #45) Jordan's with Nike air on the back, etc. to pull everybody back in.

Because the demand is there. I think the
Last time jordans sold that well was, when
MJ returned to the NBA in 2001. But recently
Somehow the kids and older teens like jordans
Despite they never watched MJ play or
Are rather hyoebeasts than sneakerheads.
I think its time to retro air jordan 16 to 23
Soon.

Originally Posted by Crystalmethod

What exactly is "normal"? Personally I don't see this trend dying down anytime soon at all, because alot of these new "sneakerheads" are actually your run of the mill resellers trying to capitalize on everyone else's passion for this...

Nike keeps raising prices and people still make sure the majority of shoes sell out, and it won't be over until people stop going through hula hoops to buy from Nike and JB.

I get that.. Normal bieng what it was about 6 years ago..Where if you liked a shoe and the dough(retail)..Then the shoe was as good at yours.I believe it will die down just like all fads.It may never be the same as before.. But it's not gana be crazy like this forever..Eventually ppl will move onto different kicks..Or bieng a "sneakerhead" won't be cool anymoreI completely agree with the jumping thru hoops thing

If you have to ask why... you probably never have taken a Business Class in High School or College.

Hold on I know the lines are crazy now with a retro dropping every 2 weeks, but imagine if it was once every 2 months or so..... everyone and they mama would have saved up money to stand in line... That would be crazy....

I have no problem with them dropping often. Even with quick strikes! THen I wouldnt have nothing else to spend my hard working money on.

Originally Posted by Chris316

Because retros are the only reason why JB is still alive.

this.. and the fact that no matter what they poop out, it either sells out or comes close to

Back
Top Bottom