Why is Marijuana Illegal? serious discussion

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

on the real it doesn't even feel illegal
laugh.gif

it's so easy to get and you can basically chill on your block smoke a L while the cops pass and nothing will happen
where they do that at ?

sure as hell nowhere near NY
CA>NY
fixed. 
pimp.gif

oregon needs to get on the come up with this since we're supposd to be so god damn liberal....

my only run in with the law i got owned.

visited my boy @ OSU and got so faded i was written up for a MIP for alcohol (wasn't 21 at the time) and happend to have a 10 sack of purp for later that nite,

and i faintly remember him saying he wasn't gonna write me up but i woke up back @ the u of o with a fat ticket MIP + posession
indifferent.gif

whats really good with these pigs on the come up writing these citations?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

now im paying up to like $900 for a 16 week group/class (2 hours a week/and random UA's) to get this off my record

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

its been basically legal here in the bay for years now. decriminalized and you are able to grow your own trees if you get your medical card.

also if you are worried about the health risks of smoking trees you have the option to vaporize inhaling nothing but that straight thc and none of the other bull thats bad for you. Also those clear joint wraps are nice too.

marijuana IMO should be regulated just like alcohol and tobacco are. i.e. Age limit, no driving while smoking and sold in a controlled environment. If you want to smoke trees you have to be atleast 18 or 21 and have to pay annually for your cannabis card and have to go to the clubs to cop your smoke or plants to grow. just like it is for the medical patients except now you don't have to have a doctors recommendation.

I think come November, Cali has something on the ballot to make trees legal. Can someone confirm/speak on this a little more? I heard if it passes people are allowed to carry up to an ounce or something like that for personal use and you would be able to grow a certain amount of plants in your backyard. I'm just unsure if it has anything pertaining to the medical clubs and if you still have to get a doctors recommendation to visit these clubs.

hey hey hey hey - smoke weed everyday.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nothing like rollin up in the club coppin a qrt of that fire for like $80, get back to the car twist a blunt up and roll back to the pad or go out for the night on a weekend
pimp.gif
damn i love the bay
pimp.gif

yeah the measure allows for adults 21+ to hold up to an oz for personal use.  also allows for adults to grown an unconfirmed number of plants in their homes. sale of marijuana most likley wont be legalized outright, cities and counties will be allowed to pass their own ordinances regulating distribution. 

that sn go by the way, what city you in?

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

.Dudes out here charging $65 for 1/8's of decent kush so that doesn't sound too bad. I cannot wait to visit the left coast
smokin.gif
Wont even have to travel 3000 miles, NJ is on the come up
00635a18f8f1d55f1780fcd3fe99b6ac6bbf6ab.gif
$65,- for an 8th of an ounce? What's that, 3,5 grams right? 
Damn! 25 Eu (about $30,-) will get you 3,5 grams over here....some of y'all need to come visit 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

http://www.time.com/time/...e/0,8599,1893946,00.html

In 2001 Portugal decriminalized all drugs, not just marijuana. Take a look at how they did. Some of you would be surprised.
the U.S. is home to 5% of the global population but 25% of its prisoners.

eek.gif

word. thats a pretty big (slave) labor force. 
United States prisons operate like labor camps, according to an article by a professor of journalism from California State University. Operating like the labor camps of communist China, prisons in at least two states, California and Oregon, are doing "exactly what the U.S. has been lambasting China for", the professor's article says. It discusses the similarities in the two countries' prison labor systems. "You might just as well call this slave labor", the article continues, explaining that U.S. prison work is not volunteer work since inmates get time deducted off their sentences for working in the prison: "If prisoners don't work, they serve longer sentences, lose privileges, and risk solitary confinement." The article concludes that there is no "real difference between China's forced labor and that in the U.S. prison system."[7] The United States prison system is being called "a new form of inhumane exploitation." Current penal labor in the U.S., it adds, "has its roots on slavery." [8].
and 

http://www.wpi.edu/News/TechNews/010327/prisonlabor.shtml

http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/hisprislacap.html
The Correctional-Industrial Complex

While the correctional-industrial complex has become one of the most heavily capitalized sectors of the US economy, a number of failings are evident. For example, it has:
not proven effective at rehabilitating prisoners
not lowered crime rates and in fact bears no relationship to crime rates
coincided with the most profound escalation of violence among young men in our national history and
pursued imprisonment patterns that indicate deeply racist practices
tired.gif

it's all about control.....the government wants people to be dumb because that automatically gives them that much more influence

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Weed is worth more to the government as an illegal substance than it is as a legal substance. Just another reason to lock poor people up and keep the prison industry operating.
ohwell.gif
I don't know about that one.  Prison over-crowding is a very prevalent and costly situation a good number of states are facing right now.

vs. how many jobs the DEA would lose? how much business the drug companies would lose? not to mention the legal system, lawyers, courts.....etc.

look at the bigger picture.

Not to mention most prisons are privately owned businesses.
Inmates = $$$$$

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

when was weed decriminalized in NY??
eek.gif
I dnt know how I didn't know about this one.  So this means that you could have a dime bag on you and the cops will let you off with no consequences?

Not quite, my friend got a citation and had to appear in court. Had to pay a lot for a lawyer to get it off his record.

Hopefully they do something in NY soon.
damn wiki!! Checked an article on there that said it was decriminalized. 

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by gambit215

weed is illegal cuz white folk hate to admit when they are wrong about something...........its all about ego's
please do elaborate...
what is there to elaborate, this whole post shows quotes of Anslinger and how he felt about the plant, "makes darkies go after white women?!?!", he pushed for the criminalization of the drug and he used the most RACIST examples to convince ppl at the time for the justification. "makes the Mexicans wants to party all night?" White people already get defensive when race gets thrown into a conversation, so imagine Pro-Marijuana activist going to Capitol Hill saying "Weed is illegal on the strength of racism", do you know the kind of reaction he would get from the senate   cmon son. Not to mention we live in a country where they make the plant schedule I meaning no medical benefit but yet they got states giving to patients for medicinal therapy...this kind of hypocrisy is repeated in American (WHITE) culture all the time.............and as far as the ego thing... Black people JUST GOT AN OFFICIAL APOLOGY FOR SLAVERY 145 years after if was abolished and that was shrouded with controversy...........so yea, the egos of white men have limited the progression of society for a very long time................doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon either...  que sera sera

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

weed is illegal cuz white folk hate to admit when they are wrong about something...........its all about ego's
please do elaborate...

you're asking someone that uses "cuz" and "white folk" as phrases to explain something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreek23

Itsillegal because people abuse it,yeah people abuse alchohol and alchoholkills more people but could u imagine if it was legal for everybody toget drunk and high at the same time. I havent smoked for over threeweeks for health reasons mainly but Ihave a friend who abused the drug to the max. He couldnt even go to thecorner store without smoking a stick first,couldnt keep a job or getone,and he ended up with about seven possesion charges in two monthssome felonies and now hes goin to jail. He was straight A student with a full paid scholarship just a couple years ago and now hes a prisoner. Ilove smoking bud but i can understand while it's illegal,I got onepossesion charge in TX for only 3grams and I got to do 60 hourscommunity service and 90 hours of counseling when I havent even beensmoking! yeah if I lived in cali nothing woulda happened but I dontbecause freaking arnold schwar(i cant spell) aint our mayor and as soonas hes out of office I can see it becoming illegal once again in cali.
Do you not  see that your friend ended up a prisoner as result ofProhibition? On the generous assumption that your antedoctal evidenceof marijuana of causing him to be lazy in keeping a job holds true, theprohibition era drug tests are further hindering his employment.

So your worst antedoctal evidence of abusing marijuana "to the max" issomeone being unable to go to the corner store w/o smoking and beingunable to keep a job. The rest of his problems weren't caused by thedrug itself but by man's punishment on another's choice to use it. Nowcompare that to abusing anything else legal or illegal "to the max":Alcohol, , internet, cigarettes, food, advil, Robitussin, video games,Air Dusters etc, etc.

Everything when abused to the max can be harmful. Compared to riskpresented with abuse in other common things in our society(a lot ofwhich are death), marijuana abuse has relatively low danger.

Now weight this relative risk of marijuana(and all drugs) with the consequences of prohibition's drug wars. 22, 000 dead in 4years with increasing numbers every year. 9,635(same link) died just last year as a result of Mexican drug violence.

To put that in perspective last year's figure of 9,635 is 4,000 more than the amount of U.S troops killed in 8 years of fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan combined. and 7, 000 less than the amount killed from all direct and indirect use of ALL illicit drugs.

CelticsPride34 wrote:

you're asking someone that uses "cuz" and "white folk" as phrases to explain something
laugh.gif

Word, they still got ppl who quote dirty just to get attention from him?
roll.gif
roll.gif

I made a slang free response and posted on 11:49 AM and you make this post about me on 12:10 PM.......read above your own post, stop trying to be a grammar nazi on a message board and if you wont contribute to the discussion, dont quote another GUY so he can like you.... and pray ya team dont blow a 3-1 lead.........dont expect any responses from me either, not gonna get into it with any of you ppl...................I see how the world works my way and you see it your own way.......it is what it is

The global elite doesn't want a conscious nation of people unplugged from the matrix so they set rules and parameters to keep the sheep behind the fence while they(the powers that be) decide what's for dinner....

CelticsPride34 wrote:

laugh.gif

Word, they still got ppl who quote dirty just to get attention from him?
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

So what you.re trying to say is that I'm not allowed to quote a specific member of this board, whom I may or may not give a damn who they are?

marionthebarberian wrote:
Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

GetYaShinebox wrote:

This is a real good clip.
Joe Rogan's explanation seems pretty thorough and straightforward

bookmarked for later.

i want to see what Joe Rogan thinks about DMT which has been my DS�Dunk SB 1st series�Forbes (holy grail) of drugs for me.� I was finally able to get my�hands on�just enough for�bout 1.5 doses, but I been�saving it�for a special occassion.
��

dmt + purple = a very very good time.

how much did it run you?
free.  my boy and i hadtalked about it several years ago and heremembered the conversation. this pastnew years, we had adinner party/potluckatone of the friends house (yea... i do boring old people stuff like that) and dudecame into town for the dinner (hemoved up to SF while most of us still live in LA).Was kind of an odd conversation that went something like this

him - "do you want to see aliens?"
me- "excuse me?"
him - "aliens man,real aliens, sodo you want to see them?"
me- "what the F are you talkin about man? speak english"
him - places bag of unidentified powder in a lil baggy on the table
me " uhhhh da F is that?"
him - "DMT... you want it? I know you been tellin me you wanted to try it"
me -looks around to make sure the wifeisn't around (shes not a fan of mepartaking in hallucinogins on a regular basis) and put that in my pocket.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

marionthebarberian wrote:

Mojodmonky1 wrote:

GetYaShinebox wrote:

This is a real good clip.
Joe Rogan's explanation seems pretty thorough and straightforward

bookmarked for later.

i want to see what Joe Rogan thinks about DMT which has been my DS�Dunk SB 1st series�Forbes (holy grail) of drugs for me.� I was finally able to get my�hands on�just enough for�bout 1.5 doses, but I been�saving it�for a special occassion.
��

dmt + purple = a very very good time.

how much did it run you?
free.� my boy and i had�talked about it several years ago and he�remembered the conversation.� this past�new years, we had a�dinner party/potluck�at�one of the friends house (yea... i do boring old people stuff like that) and dude�came into town for the dinner (he�moved up to SF while most of us still live in LA).��Was kind of an odd conversation that went something like this

him - "do you want to see aliens?"
me�- "excuse me?"
him - "aliens man,�real aliens, so�do you want to see them?"
me�- "what the F are you talkin about man?� speak english"
him - places bag of unidentified powder in a lil baggy on the table
me " uhhhh da F is that?"
him - "DMT... you want it? I know you been tellin me you wanted to try it"
me -�looks around to make sure the wife�isn't around (shes not a fan of me�partaking in hallucinogins on a regular basis) and put that in my pocket.

��

I dont see any aliens when im on it, but i do be seeing some crazy %!%%.

but make sure that during the peak of your high, you put your hands in front of your face.

Back
Top Bottom