Why is NIKE so STINGY with the ZOOM?!?

I love Zoom air. Regular or Max Air, not so much.
There have been allot of complaints about Lunar Foam,
I even prefer Cushlon over it.
So right now my shoe of choice is the Lebron VI's
simply because Nike didn't skimp on the ZOOM!

I just want to know why Nike won't put Full Length Zoom
in all performance shoes or at least offer Zoom insoles.
Thoughts?

Because that would be admitting their other technologies suck, like they truly do. Instead offering that "variety" is what they are about. "letthe consumer decide with dozens of choices".

^well put, but to the OP some people like max air and lunar (i.e. Lunartrainer)..... so i guess they have to "let the consumer decide with dozens ofchoices" like WallyHopp said.

Preferences fam, preferences.
Even with the flattening of the Lunar Foam, there are some people that enjoy that cushioning even for the short while it lasts.

I myself am a fan of Zoom Air, but i dont mind everything else Nike offers. Everything has its Pros and Cons.

It really wouldnt hurt my feelings if nike were too sell seperate zoom insoles. They would probalby want 50 or more for them though

I guess I need to clarify.

Ok, I understand the need for variety.
What I'm specifically speaking of is when Nike puts Zoom in the Heel
but not the forefoot........
Examples: Zoom Flightclub, Sharkley, Zoom FP, ZK4..... ALL only heel Zoom.
Jordan CP3 & Zoom MVP, only forefoot Zoom.

IMHO all of these shoes would have been better with full length Zoom.

I know people have different running styles and weight distribution.
But, how can you go wrong with making partial Zoom...... full length.

you cant go wrong. they need justification in their eyes to put in a gimmick lunar foam material.. It's not so much about performance being supremely goodhere, but about "innovation".. ie selling something new..

you make a great point as all of these would logically be many times better with zoom air, but its not always about having a great performance shoe when a newtechnology needs to be "sold"

does anyone know where I can read up on DHIP (or know what the tech specs are)? I have been playing in the Jumpman Team Pro and recently picked up the CP3.IIsfor ball as well and each shoe uses DHIP tech in the heel (zoom in forefoot) and I have no idea what it is. While the cushioning has been great, I wonder aboutdurability as well as fuctionality vs. zoom or max air. My fave is max air in the heel but zoom and DHIP arent bad either, at least from my experience.

This annoys me also.

As far as I'm concerned, Zoom Air is mandatory in all performance shoes.

are there any hoop shoes with full length Zoom?. I Remember some one on here took apart the Zoom BB and found its in the heel and forefoot

There are some instances were Full-Length Zoom Air would be nice. But I have shoes with heel and forefoot Zoom that fit me just perfect.

But the flexibility of a shoe can be reduced when Full-Length Zoom Air is added.

Originally Posted by Kadilac7

I guess I need to clarify.

Ok, I understand the need for variety.
What I'm specifically speaking of is when Nike puts Zoom in the Heel
but not the forefoot........
Examples: Zoom Flightclub, Sharkley, Zoom FP, ZK4..... ALL only heel Zoom.
Jordan CP3 & Zoom MVP, only forefoot Zoom.

IMHO all of these shoes would have been better with full length Zoom.

I know people have different running styles and weight distribution.
But, how can you go wrong with making partial Zoom...... full length.

Actually I completely agree with this. Every time I've had a shoe with just heel or just forefoot zoom it's really unsatisfying. The heel air works,but zoom needs to be full length. Co Sign

So are most of the Jordan's with NO ZOOM!

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the only Jordan releases with Zoom this yr
is the CP3.ii, 6 Rings, & Melo M5 (which I just picked up tonight for $59 bucks @ Finishline:smile:

All of these shoes were @ least $125.

I seem a zillion Sharkley's, Phenom's and FP's on clearance for $49 bucks!!

I think the fact that the Lebron VI has a full length unit plus double stack Zoom in the heel @ a $140 price point,

totally destroys your argument sir.

A solid, firm material is more responsive than a flexable cushioned one. As you increase the cushion, you decrease the stability. Heel cushion is great inmost cases, but for lateral cuts and stops your foot should be postioned on a material with as little movement as possible. Which makes sense why the Zoom Airis missing from the forefoot of those shoes. Also; Zoom Air is really really old. I remember in the 80's Nike called it "Tensile Air" and wasfound in a hand full of running shoes. Zoom Air hit the Jordan line with the release of the Play-Off XII's. Taxis had very dated encapsulated heel cushionand forefoot cushion seperate. But my Taxis feel like they never had any forefoot cushion.

Originally Posted by BUMSLIE2U

A solid, firm material is more responsive than a flexable cushioned one. As you increase the cushion, you decrease the stability. Heel cushion is great in most cases, but for lateral cuts and stops your foot should be postioned on a material with as little movement as possible. Which makes sense why the Zoom Air is missing from the forefoot of those shoes. Also; Zoom Air is really really old. I remember in the 80's Nike called it "Tensile Air" and was found in a hand full of running shoes. Zoom Air hit the Jordan line with the release of the Play-Off XII's. Taxis had very dated encapsulated heel cushion and forefoot cushion seperate. But my Taxis feel like they never had any forefoot cushion.

I can see your point, but why is the Zoom BB (with full length Zoom) held to the highest degree of performance, Basketball wise? I would throw the JordanXIX's in there too. (Full-Length + Double Stacked in heel)

Originally Posted by Kadilac7

So are most of the Jordan's with NO ZOOM!

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the only Jordan releases with Zoom this yr
is the CP3.ii, 6 Rings, & Melo M5 (which I just picked up tonight for $59 bucks @ Finishline:smile:

All of these shoes were @ least $125.
Air Jordan 2009 has double stacked Zooms on the heel and Zoom on the forefoot.... pretty positive on that one.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

are there any hoop shoes with full length Zoom?. I Remember some one on here took apart the Zoom BB and found its in the heel and forefoot

all of the lbj line is double stacked

Back
Top Bottom