Why is Sam Bradford getting a free pass this year?

Everyone wants to talk about Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez stinking up the joint... but the Rams are 2-9, and Bradford is having an absolutely abysmal year:
9 games - 72.3 QB rating, 1,971 yards passing @ 54.6% / 6 YPA - 6 TDs , 5 interceptions, 7 fumbles.

He has been sacked 33 times - which might explain the David Carr-syndrome - but why is no one talking about him? The media is quick to jump on some dudes, but it seems like Sammy is flying under the radar...

6.01 YPA.
sick.gif

Freeman hasn't been living up to the hype either, lot of guys have seemingly taken a step back this year which is odd because of just how much the rules favor QB's nowadays

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Freeman hasn't been living up to the hype either, lot of guys have seemingly taken a step back this year which is odd because of just how much the rules favor QB's nowadays

Good point. I just can't believe that Sam Bradford has thrown the same number of touchdowns as Blaine Gabbert and Curtis Painter. For a #1 draft pick and face of a franchise, that is inexcusable.

Who is he passing to before Lloyd got there? His o-line stinks and the Rams defense is even worse. Not that I'm saying he isn't having a bad year, because he is. It's not solely his fault.

last year i read an in depth article at the end of bradfords rookie season that all his stats were overrated and he wasnt nearly as good as the pundits were saying. fast forward to this year and dude who wrote that article seems like nostradamus.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Because nobody cares about the Rams.

This.. And he doesnt really have anyone to throw the ball to except for lloyd who just got there

Valid points.

Can't compare him to Sanchez and Tebow though because they are media chosen ones who are going to be forced down our throats every single week whether they play good or bad.

Bradford falls into that other category of "rest of the league" where we feel they are never talked about nationally either way. And they aren't.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Good point. I just can't believe that Sam Bradford has thrown the same number of touchdowns as Blaine Gabbert and Curtis Painter. For a #1 draft pick and face of a franchise, that is inexcusable.

Eh, I said it in the WIR but for Freeman I'm giving him a bit of a pass.  Don't get me wrong, some games he has been bad.  But the talent around him seems to have dropped off more than I'd say he has.  That WR core looks bad, KW2 looks old and Blount has been pretty inconsistent.  I think Bradford just suffers more from the overall team having a severe lack of talent outside of Jackson on both sides of the ball.  But, I see where you're coming from.  You'd wanna see more progress the second year.  The Rams are still that far away from contending though, they need a lot more pieces and are still in a way just getting started with the rebuilding process.

With the injury to jackson early in the season i feel like that really hurt him, having that dependable bac there really means alot

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Who is he passing to before Lloyd got there? His o-line stinks and the Rams defense is even worse. Not that I'm saying he isn't having a bad year, because he is. It's not solely his fault.

and the halfway decent guys he did have.. got injured early (inclusive of jackson)

his O Line sucks

WRs suck too. his main target from last year is out for the year (amendola). injuries really hurt them. no one stepped up.

i give him a pass. team has too many problems to fill before judging him.

Injuries, no WR's, bad O-line. He's not getting a free pass, just that with those variables, you can't judge his season as regressing because that isn't a fair shake of things. Next year will be much more telling.

The Rams are just so severely untalented its honestly astounding.
Yeah, they are completely and utterly abysmal. Doesn't matter who's playing QB there.The Seahawks looked like world beaters last week against them, and that was on the road.

young qbs are struggling possibly due to the short off season.
Might be  wrong but Manning, Romo, Rodgers and Brees basically have the same starters they're accustomed to whereas Rams drafted two rookies to be #2 and one is on IR as is the star WR.
Stafford seems to be the only young qb playing at a pro bowl level. Maybe Dalton
Newton, McCoy, Sanchez, Bradford,  Freeman, Gabbert and Ponder

alien.gif

I still have faith in Bradford, but those stats make me wonder if they'd take Luck or whoever else they deem worthy of the #1 selection if the Colts weren't so abysmally awful (and deal Bradford).

I'm sure you'd have a bunch of teams jumping at the chance to bring Bradford into their stable, despite how poorly he's performed in 2011.

He gets a pass from me, Half the team is on the IR. And the offensive line is a complete joke.

I just feel sorry that S.Jackson had to waste his career there.

Yes wee all know about the issues with his team, but if he were unlikeable, these factors wouldn't matter and he would still be criticized. On top of that, he isn't getting killed in the media because no one cares, and pundits hate to say they were incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom