WHY no KOBE 9 sample pics...yet

Anyone else have a thought to why we haven't seen a design sketch, pic or even a mention for the KOBE 9? I know he hopes to play the season opener, but I doubt he will be able to do any kind of spec testing for his next model. With the LBJ XI making waves & the KD 6 getting a release date...wtf is going on with the KOBE 9??

Last edited:
Nike has always held out on the next kobe. Every year this question is asked lol

Well if they're following last years biz model, then I guess sketches might drop around August...but I really don't see Kobe in the Nike lab anytime soon

Wonder with the torn Achilles would they change the design of the shoe, like make it a higher cut or something ( I realize that lows, mids, or highs have nothing to do with the injury - but because of the injury would they go "back to the drawing board" so to speak) Just a thought.

^ a change up would be nice to see, they've been lows for 4 models now. I'd say a mid would be nice to go to but keep the EM

Last edited:
i think kobeoverbron from the kobe 8 thread said it's going to be a mid. I assume come playoff time, the elite will be a low top ala KD this year.

Im sure its been said but kobes were the last for us to see last yr. prolly b the same this yr. still technically their flagship athlete but we all know the brons sell better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Kobe a bigger global product though. His world wide sales greater than Lebron's.

Perhaps but the money is made in america. thats where the majority of the shoes are purchased hence the lower prices we see over other countries.

obviously your new to kobe line.

kobe line comes late in the year, like around December so obviously the sample pics wont be up same time as KDs which come out in august. same with brons, i think they come out around fall.

so just wait.

kobe always plays with the older model during the beg of season

I hope 9 will back to mid-cut version.

for performance or asthetics? i have bad ankles so i always play in a mid with braces but the kobe is hands down the looker of the year. purple gradients and xmas lights are instant classics. I have 2 pr of the brons and kds each but 6 pair of kobes cus theyre just so damn pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
obviously your new to kobe line.

kobe line comes late in the year, like around December so obviously the sample pics wont be up same time as KDs which come out in august. same with brons, i think they come out around fall.

so just wait.

kobe always plays with the older model during the beg of season

Kobe 8's sketches with the weird sock came out in Sept of last year.

No I'm not new to the line, just lost interest after the 6.
Not looking for a specific date, just anxious to see what's next and how they will develop a shoe for an inactive player.

Last edited:
New Kobe pictures always take longer than LeBrons & KD's... Just give it some more time.

Last edited:
Nike did make him mid cut shoes to help him recover from the Achilles injury, so he may go back to the mids. But I don't expect anything til the late summer.

Kobe 8's sketches with the weird sock came out in Sept of last year.

No I'm not new to the line, just lost interest after the 6.
Not looking for a specific date, just anxious to see what's next and how they will develop a shoe for an inactive player.

see so you answered your own question lol

The Kobes didn't show up till late Oct last year for teaser pics  and didn't release till Dec the KD 6 has 3 pairs out before Sept  and there is 4 or 5 colors of the Lebron 11 in Oct this year. hopfully they show up  a lil sooner this year

Yeah agreed with a few posts above about the Kobe 8's being the best sig sneaker this year. I'm anticipating the look if the 9's though.

Back
Top Bottom