Why the love affair for Steph Curry?

if the knicks take curry, nate is out of there..... D'antoni wants to dump robinson cuz of antics on the court but I'll take Nate over curry just offHOPS alone... AND i know nate can drop 30 on any given night

There is absolutely no possible way that he would fail under the D'Antoni's and Weber.

No chance.

And I hate the kid.

I think its cause he was from the small school that made the big noise last year. I don't forsee much from him, especially in NY. His pops was a roleplayer and he might have the same fate.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Lazy B

He practically had the same team last year
He most certainly did not.

eyes.gif
So one missin player made that much of a difference I guess. I'm done discussin this.
What the hell are you talking about?

Davidson lost 3 starters.

Not just Richards.

And they were forced to start a walk-on at PG

sick.gif

Steph Curry isn't what I consider a chucker...a chucker is someone like Jamal Crawford or Tyreke Evans in the first few games of his college career. Curryalways seemed good in picking his spots to score. He was also raking up decent assist numbers at 5.6 a game (though he had 3.7 TOs to go with that). His teamwas really talent deprived, so that honestly should not be held against him. He also shot 46.7% from the field and 41.2% from 3 during his 3 yrs at Davidson.That ain't a chucker fam.

Curry's not a bad player don't know if his game will translate in the NBA.....imagine if Knicks draft him and playing beside Nate LOL...smallestbackcourt ever

Curry compares favorably to Nash. Especially (and specifically) if he's playing for D'Antoni.
I can definitely seeing his career trajectory panning out the same way.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Word to AI, BG, and JT
Did you really?
yall are some fools, u cant see he said that to discredit the size issue...
Yeah but they are all athletic as hell much moreso than Steph. Why would you compare him to players who only have 1/2 of the issues that Steph does? What kinds sense does that make?
says the man that compared Steph Curry to Mike Bibby
indifferent.gif

Everyone and their moms are comparing Curry to Bibby (Bibby minus the baggage). But in terms of shooting ability coming out of college, samething.
Anyways, give me a lights out shooter with a great basketball IQ anyday. This is a good draft for point guards (people are way underrating it) so there mightbe some better points but no one as good of a fit as Curry in D'Antoni's system.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Curry compares favorably to Nash. Especially (and specifically) if he's playing for D'Antoni.
I can definitely seeing his career trajectory panning out the same way
i'm not seeing that comparison at all.

you're comparing one of the best passers in the past decade to a kid who just learned how to play pg.

Steph is my man 50 grand, but make no mistake about it.

He's a gunner. Pure Chucker.

At least, until this point.

If I was the Knicks management, I'd hope and pray Jonny Flynn is still available and we take him. We really need a PG, and I feel Flynn will blossom into asuperstar

Nash was more of a scorer in college, too.

I'm tellin ya D'Antoni can do wonders.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Nash was more of a scorer in college, too.

I'm tellin ya D'Antoni can do wonders.
but even prior to playing for d'antoni, nash was in the top 5 assists.

steph and d'antoni are gonna work well together, but i'm not calling him nash.
he'll be an upgrade over duhon, certainly

Steph is a basketball player...a damn good one. That's much different than an "undersized chucker" - dude's far from that. A lot of ignorancein this thread.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Steph is a basketball player...a damn good one. That's much different than an "undersized chucker" - dude's far from that. A lot of ignorance in this thread.
QFT.

he still bumped Nash's assists by about 3 or 4 a game.

I prefer Flynn, but I definitely can see why Curry is a favorite of D'Antoni's.

He knows he can work with guards. His track record with Nash, Barbosa, Duhon and Nate is all good stuff.

Wish y’all could have seen my reaction when I found out DC didn’t wasn't the gravedigger

I'm not sold on Curry being more than a Juan Dixon/Steve Kerr clone....he's taking advantage of a very weak draft class. You got guys who are projectedlottery picks in 09' that would be late-first or 2nd round picks (in just about any other year)...he's an opportunist. I'm gonna puke if theWizards take him at #5 (especially if Harden or Evans are still on the board).

Thank god I didn't see this in real time

Back
Top Bottom