Why turtles/tortoises are my favorite animals/reptiles...

Tortoise comes to aid of overturned tortoise
With a single herculean push, a large tortoise at the Taipei Zoo managed to flip over its helpless companion, with visiting children cheering its every move

December 16, 2014 by Pete Thomas
tortoise
Tortoise, left, rescues another tortoise after it had been flipped over. Video screen grab

Imagine being a tortoise and somehow finding yourself upside down, on your back, unable to flip yourself over to get back on your feet.

Such a plight befell one tortoise recently in front of a group of schoolchildren at the Taipei Zoo. There the large reptile rested, on its shell, with its stout legs facing skyward, as helpless as a critter can be.

But then something remarkable happened. The accompanying footage, which was captured three weeks ago but began to circulate widely on the Internet this week, shows a second tortoise investigating the situation briefly before playing the hero.

The tortoise companion ultimately positioned itself in a way to get the best leverage, with the kids cheering its every move, and with a single a herculean push, it flipped the overturned tortoise back onto its feet.

Both reptiles the wandered off as if this were no big deal.

The video was uploaded by a YouTube user named AuDi Yu, who was visiting the zoo with his daughter. “The smart companion has saved it,” reads part of the title.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/tortoise-comes-to-aid-of-overturned-tortoise/

When I was a kid, my mom had surprised me with a turtle for my birthday. I named her Keke. Best pet a boy could ask for.
Everybody in my hood showed her love. :pimp:

I go to stay with my dad for a few days, and when I got back home, my mom informed me with shocking news that Keke had passed away. :smh: |I
**** was devastating. I can't even eat Turtle Tracks Ice Cream without catching feels. :frown:

R.I.P. Keke. Gone but not forgotten. :pimp:

When I was a kid, my mom had surprised me with a turtle for my birthday. I named her Keke. Best pet a boy could ask for.
Everybody in my hood showed her love. :pimp:

I go to stay with my dad for a few days, and when I got back home, my mom informed me with shocking news that Keke had passed away. :smh: |I
**** was devastating. I can't even eat Turtle Tracks Ice Cream without catching feels. :frown:

R.I.P. Keke. Gone but not forgotten. :pimp:
That's deep man

Rip keke

U can find street turtles around.

I found a box turtle layin eggs a while ago.

I have a turtle as a pet, she's great. They're even cheaper than $30, I've seen them as low as $9.99.

They're a ton of work though. I have a 50 gallon tank that requires weekly maintenance and the food, filters, filter cartridges can add up over time, but I wouldn't trade Tank for the world.

I have an African tortoise its supposedly worth $1000 here my dad got it as a gift last year it tumbles over a lot i got to keep him in check.

I have aquatic turtles and man they are hilarious.

Male and female.

The male just sits there doing nothing most of the time and the female is hovering over him, climbing on his back. And just sometimes mushes him out the way to get food.
Sometimes she annoys him to the point where he tries to bite her hand.

True female... Makes me realize that sometimes women can be pests by nature.
It's embedded

I have aquatic turtles and man they are hilarious.

Male and female.

The male just sits there doing nothing most of the time and the female is hovering over him, climbing on his back. And just sometimes mushes him out the way to get food.
Sometimes she annoys him to the point where he tries to bite her hand.

True female... Makes me realize that sometimes women can be pests by nature.
It's embedded

100% lol. Whenever I'm in the room my turtle will splash and splash until she's fed. She used to wake me up at 6 am on the dot every morning splashing her brains out until I fed her. Had to move her to a different room, that took care of that.

It's sad only a hand full of them make it to the water, thus why they lay so many eggs.

U can find street turtles around.

I found a box turtle layin eggs a while ago.

street turtles > street cats??

the streets wanna know :nerd:

C6BcbwXnjM-12.png

Back
Top Bottom