Why would anyone sign Asher Roth?

most of you fail to comprehend marketing and demographics. The audience he will appeal to will include millions of college kids which might be the mostimportant audience for any entertainment industry. If asher can just make a couple of good songs and is marketed properly the record company will have made agreat investment because he will be popular for college kids fromm the burbs that like rap.

and the media has the balls to compare this dude to eminem
indifferent.gif

eminem *##$+ on this dude. his worst raps are better than this fool. gimmicky +%$ dude
smh.gif
wasn't feelin his garbage since day 1

for some reason to me hes that dude u wanna snuff for no actual reason. word to mobb deep.

He's wack.

That track "Silly Boy" he did had an ill beat by Don Cannon but he ruined it with that wack a__ hook.

Y'all and your opinions are so adorable.

I look at the responses. And laugh. "I Love College" is Top 10 OVERALL on Itunes. Am I a fan? No. But this thread isn't about liking him. Dudeasking why anyone would sign him? There's your answer.

Sure his album might not move major units. He's a developing artist. They rarely move physical units on their debut these days. Established artists (TIP,Wayne, Jay etc.) sell albums. But his single is selling something ridiculous. You may not like it. But you should be smart enough to understand it.

I think about the 300,000 people who clearly like it. Then I think of the same 30 dudes in here hating it. Mad at the world.

And that should tell you why anyone would sign him. Because he made at least one record that the majority of Americans can relate to. Regardless of whatNiketalk thinks.

If cats in the Music Business made records to make the 300 people on this forum happy, we'd all be homeless.

And didn't Jay want to sign him at one point? So maybe you should ask him.

I know y'all get mad when I hit you with the truth. I know it hurts. Flame away. I'm goooooooood.

/thread.
To add to that, he has publicized support from Andre 3000 and Cee-Lo. Steve Rifkind called him the best lyricist he's heard in ten years.

But you guys know better than they do.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Y'all and your opinions are so adorable.

I look at the responses. And laugh. "I Love College" is Top 10 OVERALL on Itunes. Am I a fan? No. But this thread isn't about liking him. Dude asking why anyone would sign him? There's your answer.

Sure his album might not move major units. He's a developing artist. They rarely move physical units on their debut these days. Established artists (TIP, Wayne, Jay etc.) sell albums. But his single is selling something ridiculous. You may not like it. But you should be smart enough to understand it.

I think about the 300,000 people who clearly like it. Then I think of the same 30 dudes in here hating it. Mad at the world.

And that should tell you why anyone would sign him. Because he made at least one record that the majority of Americans can relate to. Regardless of what Niketalk thinks.

If cats in the Music Business made records to make the 300 people on this forum happy, we'd all be homeless.

I know y'all get mad when I hit you with the truth. I know it hurts. Flame away. I'm goooooooood.

I dig how I don't have to agree with your opinion to respect your facts... it's happened dozens, if not 100s of times in the past 5 years low key....

Why would you ask this on a forum that is made up of rappers that will never make it?

Back
Top Bottom