Why would you buy an apt/condo instead of a house?

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

paying rent for an apt in a city like ny > living in a nice house thats in the middle of nowhere
this is also true..but sometimes people like to lose themselves in da abyss.....

living in the city > living in a nice house thats in the middle of nowhere

Most of my boys have their houses out in the middle of nowhere. Real nice house, but population out there is 1.

I'd rather stay in my house which is in the city.

not going to lie but there is something extremely appealing about living in a nice home in an area with a low population.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

House in the burbs>apartment in the hood.

condo overlooking central park>house in the burbs.

LMAO AT THE avatar... was you in Hypebeast thread when they first hulled this guy?... lmao...

they destroyed him... lol... he held steady, though...

Originally Posted by lysolflow

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

you must be young
me or the original poster?

nah not you
laugh.gif
I meant the op

LMAO AT THE avatar... was you in Hypebeast thread when they first hulled this guy?... lmao...

I missed it
frown.gif

I bought a condo almost 2 years ago. I'm single and don't have any roommates. When me and the gf get married I'll sell and buy a house.. for nowtho it's perfect for me and I'm still building equity and not throwing away money renting. It all comes down to needs and preference.

I missed it
frown.gif

son... it was BANANAS... lol.... they postin pics of Cleveland cuz they edge-up look alike... pure comedy... lol... i think the cats name was 10easy orsomethin... he was a soldier, though... a soldier is what he was... lol...

where did you get the pic?

Originally Posted by JStunn197

I bought a condo almost 2 years ago. I'm single and don't have any roommates. When me and the gf get married I'll sell and buy a house.. for now tho it's perfect for me and I'm still building equity and not throwing away money renting. It all comes down to needs and preference.

damn, son... you paid yo condo off in two years?
pimp.gif

that's the route i wanna go... not pole-jockin, but i wouldnt mind bein like you when it comes copping a living space...

To live in die in LA.... damn where's Tupac to back me up on this one??

just come to LA!! they air doesnt smell, u are always like 20 min away from the beautiful beaches n such

Originally Posted by illmatickal

location, maintenance, taxes, and lower insurance costs
the maintenance alone makes a condo worth it....what do you do if your roof caves in and you own the property or walls break you

are responsible
tired.gif

Do you know how hard it is to buy a house right now?

I've submitted easily 30-40 offers, was in escrow once (on a townhouse with HOA), and got screwed because it was a 30 day escrow and it took 45 days to geta result on our loan. Our loan agent was a P.O.S. and didn't tell us we needed more capital to get the loan approved. We left WaMu and went to Countrywide,and they told us to have 6 months reserve funds. Had we had a competent loan officer to begin with, we probably would have closed and gotten the house.

It's a cash market right now, you have to offer 40-50k over the listing price on more foreclosures and short sales just to have a chance at being the highbidder.

Excuse my ignorance, but how does condo appreciation work?

Let's say the building my condo is in goes up in value, is a portion of the equity distributed across the all of the condos? Or does the building ownerkeep all of the equity?

I would rather prefer a Condo. I do not plan on getting married and a house is just to much to maintain.

I'd say it's location and the style of living some people have. Some people don't want the responsibilities of looking after a house and thegrounds...

Personally I'd like to have both.. But when I have a house, it'll be because I've made the coin to build it how I want it
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom