Why would you guys take significant pay cut for a better quality of life?

So, my current job I make pretty good money, but I don’t like my schedule(as far as days off) and just the overall work environment along with management. So, I’m in the process with 2 gigs and I’m going to take a pay it for both jobs. My question is, would you guys take a pay cut for a better quality of life on a job, or just suck it it up? Just curious.

I believe doing what you want to do or what you like to do will always pay more than doing what you have to do, even if it doesn’t.

yes i would. as long as you can still live comfortably with your new salary it's more important to spend a little less money and be happier.

if you have a family to provide for though, that could be a whole different story.
Thankfully, I don’t have a family or in a relationship, yet.

if you have a family to provide for though, that could be a whole different story.
that’s what keeps my wife at her job. we have one baby in daycare and my son in private school. i tell her she can quit but then we won’t be able to afford some of the extra **** that we provide for the kids.

Health and Quality of life are the most important.

Always.

Imagine having a ton of money but wanting to end it every night as you lay in bed.

Obviously you gotta take care of bills and stuff…

Yes but I would hope to have saved up some good cushion money from that job first before quitting.

I'd rather cake up and retire earlier. Ain't tryna be that old timer limping around the office in starched Dickies.

Wife and I make 6 figures each, but the wife makes slightly more. I’m a fed and she’s in private sector. She’s envious of my schedule, 6:30 - 3:00 and 120 hrs vacation a year. She pulls 10-12hrs a days regularly. She has contemplated going fed regularly just for the work life balance.

I would. Extra stress is never worth because no matter how good the money is, you have no idea what kind of long term effect that has on you.

Health and Quality of life are the most important.

Always.

Imagine having a ton of money but wanting to end it every night as you lay in bed.

Obviously you gotta take care of bills and stuff…

If it's a significant enough cut to where you're barely handling bills and can't afford quality of life things that won't be a good time either.

Gotta find a balance that works for you.

Thats why I was never at ninjahood ninjahood about his living situation.

That worked for him and more power to him.

When I was in my 20s I was all about finding a job with the best pay. I'd work crazy hours and give no damns. Now that I'm in my early 30s, time is my most desired asset. Being able to exercise, be around friends, spend time with my girl, etc is all equal to me making money.

Work-life balance is very important to me. However, I don't have any kids and don't plan to. If you wanna have a family one day then maximizing salary sometimes has to be prioritized over schedule unfortunately

Better quality of life > more pay easily. Obviously, you’re probably making a comfortable wage with the former if you’re dubbing it as a better quality of life. Unless you have goals like obtaining a house then sure, but if it’s just for more pay without intentions then why mentally exhaust yourself?

Of course. But With my plan of leaving
My children with a somewhat fulfilling childhood (good school, extra cirricullum activities all yr round, and a house) i doubt that would be plausible.

but i have not taken higher paying jobs to be more involved with my kids, as they are 1 and 4. But in a few yrs im taking that director or controller role. I need that bread

Back
Top Bottom