Wife was in car accident.....I have a Auto Body Repair ?

So my wife was in a car accident this past week and the auto body is getting ready to repair the damage. They estimated the total damage at just around 4k in repairs. I just received a phone call from the apraiser asking if we want used original OEM parts or new aftermarket parts. Car is a 2010 Toyota Camry SE. Parts include a new hood, bumper, headlights, grill, and a new radiator support.
So my question, is it better to ask for new aftermarket parts or go with used OEM parts?

Last edited:
So my wife was in a car accident this past week and the auto body is getting ready to repair the damage. They estimated the total damage at just around 4k in repairs. I just received a phone call from the apraiser asking if we want used original OEM parts or new aftermarket parts. Car is a 2010 Toyota Camry SE. Parts include a new hood, bumper, headlights, grill, and a new radiator support.
So my question, is it better to ask for new aftermarket parts or go with used OEM parts?
is there a price difference between the two.  If no go with OEM.

wife or car?
wife
laugh.gif

no price differential? go with OEM 

is there a price difference between the two.  If no go with OEM.

They said there isnt much of a diference in pricing.... Might just end up going OEM

That's your best bet.  Make sure that work is guaranteed also.  So if anything should go wrong they take care of it free of charge, because the OEM parts are just original parts from a wrecked and dismantled car.  Atleast there OEM parts are.

Last edited:
That's your best bet.  Make sure that work is guaranteed also.  So if anything should go wrong they take care of it free of charge, because the OEM parts are just original parts from a wrecked and dismantled car.  Atleast there OEM parts are.

Good to know, thanks for the help.

Might be late with the post but like other's have said go with OEM and make sure there is a warranty on the work from the auto body shop. Usually if you take it to a toyota dealer they will insure their work for a year if anything goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom