Will Chris Kaman hurt Dwight's trade options?

Originally Posted by JCity

..hell i'd welcome him back to LA with open arms...

I respectfully disagree on behalf of Clips Nation.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

1st thing, i know Kaman is nowhere near the level of athleticism, ability and youth of Howard.  But to pretend that Kaman hasnt been a quality center throughout his career is foolish.  So wouldnt the teams who might consider trading for Howard, rather take Kaman, being that he would be tens of millions cheaper.  Kaman, while much less athletic would still bring rebounding, defense and post offense....thoughts?
But that's comparing a decent guy past his prime with a superstar who is the best in his position. I don't think this affects the moves of a team like the Lakers

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by JCity

..hell i'd welcome him back to LA with open arms...

I respectfully disagree on behalf of Clips Nation.
laugh.gif

Interesting... I'd love to have him back hell he was an all star at one point, adds some depth to the front court & height to the roster he'd be a nice alternative to DJ when the second unit runs and when Jordan gets in foul trouble. Of course this is just all "what if" cause his 14 mil he's due is crazy so he'd have to take quite the pay cut  but for the right price i'd definitely take him back 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

They had a Seattle buyer but Stern cblocked that. KC has the Sprint Center. Stern has dreams of putting a team outside of the country. People think it would be a travel ang logistical nightmare, but I don't think it has to be. The London SillyNannies can just take 1 long 41 game road trip, then have an extended home stand. When teams go out to play there once a season, have them play twice in that time span or whatever it takes to exhaust their requirement for games against. Schedule it the same way the league did when the Nets and Raptors played 2 games over there last yr.

You leave Sat, arrive Sun, play on like Thu, then again Mon, then head back stateside where your next game is like Fri.
Please provide a link that specifically states that a Seattle ownership group approached Stern and he said "no."

The only person who would buy a team in Seattle is Steve Ballmer (who I'm sure you are referring to, because it can't be anyone else), and he has said on multiple occasions he hasn't approached the league about it. Not saying there aren't closed door meetings or phone calls, but nothing official has ever come out related to it, except his denials. Yes, Seattle needs an arena, and any potential buyer knows that. But to just flat-out declare that Stern said "no" to Steve Ballmer, who would immediately be the richest owner in the league (and not to mention is the most competitive businessman on earth), is just silly.

Originally Posted by rnoory

Kaman wont have any effect on Dwight but Kaman=under appreciated.

guy is trash. he thinks hes better than he really is just because of that one all start appearance. son was a black hole for the clippers last year.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by rnoory

Kaman wont have any effect on Dwight but Kaman=under appreciated.

guy is trash. he thinks hes better than he really is just because of that one all start appearance. son was a black hole for the clippers last year.

I wouldn't say he's trash but he's not as good as yall make him out to be.  For a 7 footer he's not a good shot blocker, and he's not commanding a double team in the post.  He is a role player in this league.  He's got some game but he's not athletic and he's always hurt.  

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

p1.stern.jpg

It's Stern's vision though. He already has NBA offices all over the world, in China, in Africa, in South America; what they do there I have no idea. Acrtual quotes from Stern on the topic from a 2010 interview so 10 yrs = 2020. Stern envisions not one team but 5 there so now your Europe division road trip is looking like an entire month.

"It's a wonderful topic, because 10 years ago, I said, 'Oh, it's inevitable, it'll happen in 10 years,' And now what I'm saying is, 'It's inevitable, it'll happen in 10 years.' But in terms of globalization, we're going to see a desire for franchises in Europe -- and in about 10 years, you'll send me a postcard."

"I think we'll have a division and I think the Heat will play in Boston one night and then they'll go to Paris and spend a couple days on the Champs-Elysses shopping and relaxing. And then they'll go and play five teams. And when they finish that, they'll play them again. Then they'll come home, having had a nice trip to Europe and they'll be finished with their European obligations."

See this is why Stern is an idiot.  Did you know that there already ARE basketball leagues in Europe and abroad?  Why would you want to have an American league playing games in Europe.  It's cool for exhibitions and all, but how many English Premier League soccer games do they play in the US that aren't exhibitions?
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

aside from the Shaq era lakers, recent NBA champions havent needed dominant star power at the center position, but they have definitely needed it at the PF in Dirk, Pau, Duncan. Honestly, i would love to see Dwight develop a reliable (if not consistent) 12-15 ft jump shot, and play the 4 next to another 7 footer. Much has been made of Dwight's athleticism, but i think it would be much more effective at the 4, especially with the gross size mismatches.

But back to the point at hand. Kaman is ATLEAST approximately as good as the past few NBA champion centers

Originally Posted by solarius49

Chris Kaman 37 and 13 tonight
eek.gif
eek.gif
ESPN needs to fix their box scores.
laugh.gif
at 4 mil being tens of millions in difference in contracts

Back
Top Bottom