Will Derek Rose Ever Be The Same Player? Vol. Penny & Grant Hill

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Dude, your talking about the YOUNGEST PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY to win the MVP.

- Took the defending champions to the brink in 09'
- Flat out baller and the offensive lifeline of the Chicago Bulls.

He'll be right back. He'll have to become more of a play-maker and also master his jumper, but he'll be right back.
I think many people wish him the best but injuries like these can destroy someone's career
or at least handicap a lot. Look what happened to Ralph Sampson, Alonzo Mourning, Penny Hardaway,

T-Mac and Grant Hill.

They could all have a much longer prime but the injuries made big obstacle for them.

I really wonder why Rose is wearing so many attachments on his knees and legs.

Are his legs so weak to get injured?
He wore the knee brace/ sleeve cause of the tendinitis he had when everyone thought he was a bust in summer league. Ankle wraps were cause he doesn't like tape.
Ankle issue after the late season Detroit game was cause he taped and wrap ed and that's too much.  The Hex pad is literally just for the falls. 

The leg attachments aren't going anywhere, he created a market for the whole damn look. 

I think the Bulls are trying to avoid the tendinitis issues that would plague him initally.

They already know where the graft is coming from, they wouldn't dare use a hammy graft so if a guy has tendinitis issue and he is headed for surgery you work on the legs and make sure he is going to be stronger on the opposite side. Keep the swelling down in the patella ( where the tendinitis is ) and the knee less swolen too. Granted my guy was 16 but his docs took a similar approach and dude was faster than ever afterward.

I think it would be a great idea for him to work out with guys like Rondo or Nash in the offseason, to change his game a little bit

laugh.gif
@ all of these "he will be fine" posts. Yall either trolling hard or jinxing him word to Shoes.

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

if i am the bulls i reach out to steve nash this offseason to help carry some of the load next year

Yup I said it in the aftermath of it. Steve starts for the majoirty of the season and gives Rose run at the 2 next year in the playoffs. 
ATG, you coming at me for saying he is gone be fine? 

I looked at a couple of the ACL's the Bulls rehabbed and I legit think that staff is gone have him right.

Mal didnt look or play any different, and I just think this dude is gone rehab like no other.

Part of the reason for a poor comeback after ACL's is the lack of muscle rehab ( see a kid like Oliver Miller)

If the knee is structurally sound then I think Rose has a great shot.

he should not rush it. if he has to miss next season, they should go with it. sit rose out next season and make a play for james harden.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

ATG, you coming at me for saying he is gone be fine?
You aint the only one that said it. Wasn't getting at you.

Saying _______ will be fine usually doesn't work out around here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

He's gonna have to change his game and become more CP3 and less LeBron.

Co-signing this and it is sad at the mere thought of that 
tired.gif

Kid is a fabulous talent and a great great ambassador for the NBA...

I said a while ago that Derrick Rose is a sham.  He's at best an athletic guard that has improved on his shot.  In the end, his style of plays on the offensive end are limited to contortion, speed, and foul calls.  With time, his physical limitations will expose his weakness.  He has no post moves, and on the defensive end, he's only good guarding smaller guards. 

No one remembers him trying to do 9,000 cross overs on Lebron to shake him that resulted in DROSE turning the ball over.  No one recalls how junk he did towards the end of this season, but everyone forgave him and put emphasis on the injuries.

Make no mistake though, that he's a top shooting guard in a point guard body.  Still, he has the money, but he might never win a ring.

He'll be right back. He'll have to become more of a play-maker and also master his jumper, but he'll be right back.
he did these with speed and athleticism. Not sure how much of that he'll have after his ACL heals, but I wish him the best.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I said a while ago that Derrick Rose is a sham.  He's at best an athletic guard that has improved on his shot.  In the end, his style of plays on the offensive end are limited to contortion, speed, and foul calls.  With time, his physical limitations will expose his weakness.  He has no post moves, and on the defensive end, he's only good guarding smaller guards. 

No one remembers him trying to do 9,000 cross overs on Lebron to shake him that resulted in DROSE turning the ball over.  No one recalls how junk he did towards the end of this season, but everyone forgave him and put emphasis on the injuries.

Make no mistake though, that he's a top shooting guard in a point guard body.  Still, he has the money, but he might never win a ring.
let me guess, you still think Lebron will be the next Jordan right? 
grin.gif

Why are people comparing this Rose injury to players who didn't have the same injury he did? Why are you comparing microfracture surgery to a blown ACL in 2012? Why are you comparing back injuries to an ACL? Ankle injuries to an ACL? Grant Hill? Seriously?

Might as well compare his injury to Yao Ming.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Was just talking about this w/ some die hard Bulls fans here in southern Illinois while waiting for FNL to open yesterday morning for these (GORGEOUS) white/red XIs.

I don't think so, and I'm really saddened by that.
ohwell.gif
No hate at all; I'm a fan.

But I can't help but think of Penny, Hill, hell, even the often-injured Griffey.
You in southern IL??!?

What part?

I graduated from O'Fallon. 618!
Just so happens while we're on the subject of Rose, he beat them in the state conference his senior year lol.

Well at least now he won't look like he's had 10 red bulls before the game and calm down some on the court and become a true PG.

Tony Allen tore his ACL and he is back running and jumping like before. David West was never a big run and jump guy, but he has returned also from his. Shaun Livingston blew his whole ##@$ out and he ocassionally still makes a really athletic play that surprises you. I bet the biggest hurdle is mental.

Thats got nothing to do with injury... Actually, nothing you said has anything to do with his health... 
He can be as good as he wants, win all sorts of awards, but if he continues to face these injuries... Well.. He'll see that TMac and VC career. 

I hope he has a long and successful career. Hopefully he picks up a ring. And hopefully he stays away from more injuries. He will have to adjust his game, but he can do it.

That cut/hop move he does has to stop. The move he tore his ACL in.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Or dude will never be the same.

He is a very promising player,too bad it happened to him. I just hope he won't become like Tmac with exceptional basketball skills in a *$$%#! fragile body.

Back
Top Bottom