Will Derek Rose Ever Be The Same Player? Vol. Penny & Grant Hill

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Dude, your talking about the YOUNGEST PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY to win the MVP.

- Took the defending champions to the brink in 09'
- Flat out baller and the offensive lifeline of the Chicago Bulls.

He'll be right back. He'll have to become more of a play-maker and also master his jumper, but he'll be right back.
this is what i wanna say, but cant front, im still worried
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Whether or not he will be fine will be found out a while from now.

What I think we can all conclude is that those days of his Goran Dragic explosiveness?

Pretty safe to say that's in the past.

Don't say that man. I refuse to speculate until I see him on the court.

What I think we can all conclude is that those days of his Goran Dragic explosiveness?

He keeps himself in tip-top shape and he'll be 24 when his ACL is healed. If Baron Davis (who doesn't take care of his body) can come back and do that Kirilenko dunk at age 28, I like Derrick's chances. 

Originally Posted by Futuristic

He keeps himself in tip-top shape and he'll be 24 when his ACL is healed. If Baron Davis (who doesn't take care of his body) can come back and do that Kirilenko dunk at age 28, I like Derrick's chances. 
again, it is not if a different player can come back.. it's how his body responds to injury.whether he keeps in shape or not.. you think that penny hardaway and grant hill wouldnt have the ability,will  and determination to come back? sometimes your body doesnt do what you want it to do. cause all the players that have gotten seriously injured wanted to play bad, but it didnt happen for all of them

Penny and Grant Hill's injiries were nothing like an ACL tear.

Grant almost lost his Foot. Penny had microfracture surgery

They are Not even comparable.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

you're missing the point. just cause one injury is more severe doesnt mean the player with the less severe injury is gonna make a full recovery. i'll bet that there have been plenty of athletes that "only" had an ACL tear but never returned to form. just cause others have returned to form doesnt mean all players will.. dont generalize, when injuries are very individual based.

not generalizing.

ACL surgery and recovery have completely evolved.

Its no longer gloom and doom when an athlete only tears his ACL.

to be fair, compare Athletes who have torn their ACL recently since the huge advances in the knife work and rehab. dont just grab the two most extreme injuries of star players that you can find.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

you're missing the point. just cause one injury is more severe doesnt mean the player with the less severe injury is gonna make a full recovery. i'll bet that there have been plenty of athletes that "only" had an ACL tear but never returned to form. just cause others have returned to form doesnt mean all players will.. dont generalize, when injuries are very individual based.
You have no point, name one guy in the NBA who hasnt had the dreaded 3 who hasnt returned to full strength?
You cannot. Microfracture is even easier to comeback from depending on damage.

Besides your arguing with a dude who if I remember correctly had the ACL, MCL and meniscus torn and damn near came back.

yep G, I had that plus dislocated knee cap too all in same injury
Would you disagree if I said the reason for peoples struggles after an ACL is not building leg strength and balance?
Cause I thought that since they have been able to do the surgery arthroscopic the only issue is graft choice, and rehab and dedication.

He can still be a great player and maybe even get another mvp.  baron davis tore his acl at ucla and he came back pretty damn explosive.  a better example would be al harrington.  harrington tore his acl when he was 21 and it was hist 4th year in the league.  the very next season his numbers went down a bit but he improved every year after that

21 yrs old: 13.1 ppg <-- ACL tear
22: 12.2 ppg (82 games played)
23: 13.3 ppg
24: 17.5 ppg
25 18.6 ppg
28: 20.1 ppg

Sucks he's gonna be out 8-12 months though
eek.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

You'd have a point if he shredded his whole knee or had a Baron Davis like injury.

If I remember correctly B Diddy tore up his knees pretty bad at UCLA too, dude was just blessed with crazy hops and a great beard.

G,

to this day, I havent landed solely on my left leg

and its been years, since my original surgery. for me, its a trust issue. I had a ACL scope long before my major knee injury (different leg) and the ACL was nothing compared to it

the balance and strength come back with PT. those are the basics of recovery and rehabilitation.

I just had a follow up surgery in december. most people who dislocated their knee cap and tore PCL have to have a secondary surgery years later so I knew it was coming

I had a teammate who did so much damage to his knee he lost part of a nerve that runs down to his achilles (not sure of the name)
30t6p3b.gif

I had a teammate who did so much damage to his knee he lost part of a nerve that runs down to his achilles (not sure of the name)
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
He has no feeling in the leg? 
Do you still have pain. Or is it literally just the trust and that you would rather not be hurt again

Are you still on track for that knee replacement at 40? Or you been keeping it cool trying like heck to avoid it.

No he wont. due to the fact that he's so quick his knee wont allow him to do that anymore

Back
Top Bottom