Will Empire State of Mind be Jay-Z's first Number One Hit???

You'd think as a solo artist with 11 straight #1 albums you'd have smash hit somewhere in there with no features.

thats what 15 tracks a album Jay is 0/165
laugh.gif

(of course the albums are a different issue)

the song ain't even all that

I mean please, for a NEW YORK CITY ANTHEM it was kind of weak when you compare it to the greats

NY state of mind I and II
5 bororughs
deja vu

jay z himself has done a better song about nyc with camron

i dont care if its #1....i would NOT mind hearin this on the radio everyday....this is the best track of the album imo...and the only song i found myselfkeeping from the album.

Its amazing how some of today's biggest artist haven't had a #1 hit single yet.
Eminem's first #1 hit was 'Lose Yourself'. Which was a shock to me since 'The Real Slim Shady' was EVERYWHERE.

#3 Run This Town
#4 03 Bonnie & Clyde
#5 Dirt Off Your Shoulders
#8 Izzo, Show Me What You Got and Excuse Me Miss

I can't believe Bonnie and Clyde reached #4?!?! Run This Town is higher than I thought it would.

maybe in new york it will be number 1.... they played it alot ever since it leaked...

If he didn't hit with "Hard Knock Life" its a lost cause. That Annie sample had the country in a frenzy
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Maybe if it featured Taylor Swift...

I don't think it really matters that much to Jay anyhow. It's a great song that's being well-received.

not believing Big Pimpin wasn't a #1 single or I Just Want To Love You or H to the Izzo that's crazy

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Yeah...no way this becomes a number 1 hit...
No one down south will be playing this *%%+...
You don't think pop stations will play that @@*? That's what we're talking about right? It may not be huge on the r&b and rap charts but it has potential to be #1 on Billboard 1000. Its already #1 on Itunes and Itunes while not exactly like Billboard but if you look at the top 10 all those songs are top 10 on billboard right now.
gotta give props to Royaice he called it.

It's getting heavy play on Top 40 up here in Boston.

Hopefully it makes number 1, but I can't take it anymore

It's a good song but I've heard it everywhere

Im tired of hearing about New York.

im in Maryland. so this track shouldnt be a number one hit.

Back
Top Bottom