Will Nike SB ever retro 1st, 2nd generation sbs?

If they did, I'd love for them to retro the Wheat Forbes. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Do you guys think Nike sb is close enough with all there releases since wtd to make a wtd 2?

I certainly hope not. I hope that shoe remains a one off. I almost bought it once or twice before rational thinking set in and I remembered I'd never have anyplace to wear it to.

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Do you guys think Nike sb is close enough with all there releases since wtd to make a wtd 2?

I certainly hope not. I hope that shoe remains a one off. I almost bought it once or twice before rational thinking set in and I remembered I'd never have anyplace to wear it to.

Am I the only one who is wondering whether Kicks/HI's or Band-Aids were considered as the 1st or 2nd generations of SB line???

Am I the only one who is wondering whether Kicks/HI's or Band-Aids were considered as the 1st or 2nd generations of SB line???

if they retro them, it would be sick! i would cop each one times 3 again!!! one to wear one to skate and one to stock!!!!

if they retro them, it would be sick! i would cop each one times 3 again!!! one to wear one to skate and one to stock!!!!

Skateboarding division will start a retro process soon, we were aiming for 2nd quarter 2011, but that will not happen now, maybe late 2011, maybe even 2012 so the kids who sleep outside of supreme for hats and t shirts can own grails before the mayan callendar counts down on december 21st. Really though, SB should be doing retro soon, when a new team rider gets a deal, even amateur riders can choose any shoes they want, jordans even, most actually pick 1st series or supreme lows and highs, the team riders are encouraged to wear the newer styles as much as possible to make the product as visible as possible, as far as re-releasing SB, the retro shoes will definitely have a SB under the Nike on the tounge tag, as well as a few small tweaks, but many concepts and ideas are still being tossed around, and that is why they are not into production yet, and also, the idea is limited quantities is not new with SB, just because skate shops in many places does not speak high production numbers, in 1999, jordan retroed the iv with 40,000 units produced. the black/red 1 in 2001 was 60,000 and then the black/red XI was 90,000. Skateboarding has never done over a 10,000 pair release, and that does not count me guessing production numbers currently, i would say that the production numbers are more like 6-8,000, and jordan has finally scaled back on retro to back too 1999 like numbers, but idk, i doubt that, i just know that they have had to slow down the high numbers of retro because they are just casual shoes that are not outfitted with current basketball technology. 6.0 is a totally different division, and they focus on many different extreme sports, like bmx, dirt bike racing, there is no talks of a skateboarding-6.0 merger at all, that is just speculation.

Skateboarding division will start a retro process soon, we were aiming for 2nd quarter 2011, but that will not happen now, maybe late 2011, maybe even 2012 so the kids who sleep outside of supreme for hats and t shirts can own grails before the mayan callendar counts down on december 21st. Really though, SB should be doing retro soon, when a new team rider gets a deal, even amateur riders can choose any shoes they want, jordans even, most actually pick 1st series or supreme lows and highs, the team riders are encouraged to wear the newer styles as much as possible to make the product as visible as possible, as far as re-releasing SB, the retro shoes will definitely have a SB under the Nike on the tounge tag, as well as a few small tweaks, but many concepts and ideas are still being tossed around, and that is why they are not into production yet, and also, the idea is limited quantities is not new with SB, just because skate shops in many places does not speak high production numbers, in 1999, jordan retroed the iv with 40,000 units produced. the black/red 1 in 2001 was 60,000 and then the black/red XI was 90,000. Skateboarding has never done over a 10,000 pair release, and that does not count me guessing production numbers currently, i would say that the production numbers are more like 6-8,000, and jordan has finally scaled back on retro to back too 1999 like numbers, but idk, i doubt that, i just know that they have had to slow down the high numbers of retro because they are just casual shoes that are not outfitted with current basketball technology. 6.0 is a totally different division, and they focus on many different extreme sports, like bmx, dirt bike racing, there is no talks of a skateboarding-6.0 merger at all, that is just speculation.

Would make my day if they did. I wouldnt have to pay rape charges re-sellers are giving me.

Would make my day if they did. I wouldnt have to pay rape charges re-sellers are giving me.

Back
Top Bottom