will reebok fall soon?

Now that Nike owns JB, Converse, you think Reebok will fall soon? i mean And1 is done, no one is wearing that. Under Armor is mostly football, and Reebok hasno real endorsers in basketball. not a lot of players are wearing it. Even though Adidas owns it, it doesnt look all that good for them. AI, is not having agreat year. Adidas has contracts with the NBA and some colleges but that's it. The only real player that Adidas has is Dwight Howard, KG, Duncan and Tmacare getting older, and might not play for long. Tmac cause of microsurgery (penny hardaway disease), KG and Duncan are getting older, Agent Zero has beeninjured a lot and Chauncey is not a player that has superstar status. Dont get me wrong i love chauncey cause he's the 2nd best thing that ever happened tothe nuggets..Nike has all the big players in the game, Kobe, Lebron, Wade (converse), CP3 (JB), Deron Williams, Bosh, B-Roy, Nash, Amare

what do y' all think of the future of brands?

Reebok has a contract with the NFL. I doubt that they will fall off anytime soon.

People are going to tell you this belongs in Other Brands

I dont know what to say about them, I don't know any of the figures as far as profits go.

Reebok still has a rugby market; a pretty big one when it comes to compression shorts and things like that.

Plus, don't they still have contracts with a few NFL teams? And NCAA teams?

Once they start losing those, it'll be over. But for now, they're alright.

And, smh for all the Reebok hate. I don't really like them, but I don't hope their company fails either.

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

we can only hope
QFT.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

because Reebok doesn't hold any urban/fashion appeal anymore. mostly because the basketball market is almost entirely dominated by Nike/JordanBrand/Converse who own around 90% of the market.

Reebok is a Adidas owned subsidiary true. So there's some financial backing there.

Keep in mind that Reebok was never too heavy into basketball anyway. They are deep into a lot of sports, especially internationally with cricket and soccer.They have always had the classic cross trainer marketed to women, particularly gymnasts and old ladies who are on their feet all day. When I worked at SportsAuthority I can't tell you how many women came in asking specifically for Reeboks. Maybe that void will eventually be filled by New Balance and Adidas.

They have enough brand equity to stick it out and possibly mount a comeback.

Reebok is the official outfitter of the NHL... so it really doesn't matter if basketball players aren't wearing their stuff like you said.

i wouldnt name derick rose as a marquee name for adidas.. at least not yet.. he's good, but we dont know if he has that superstar quality that will makehim have his own sig shoe

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

i wouldnt name derick rose as a marquee name for adidas.. at least not yet.. he's good, but we dont know if he has that superstar quality that will make him have his own sig shoe
Doesn't Derrick Rose have his own shoe from Adidas, though?

And, rookie of the year. hush up boy.

Also i dont think that Adidas will let Reebok go under.
my global sport teacher works for Reebok, he said he has 4 patents for some reebok stuff.

Originally Posted by pushat973

they already have. question 1 and kamikaze were the best reeboks

AND! Shaq Attaq 1
pimp.gif

but i see all the hood rat shorties rockin them hi top reeboks with the strap (no pun) so they should be alright
laugh.gif

reebok/adidas owns all licensing rights to the NFL, NBA, and NHL....which is a multi-billion dollar industry.

few companies are "safe" right now, but i don't think reebok is in any real danger, atleast not yet.

If it wasn't for the NFL, and NHL, we wouldn't be talking about Reebok because it would be gone IMO.

But in any case, as long as Adidas owns their rights, don't think they are going anywhere.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

If it wasn't for the NFL, and NHL, we wouldn't be talking about Reebok because it would be gone IMO.

But in any case, as long as Adidas owns their rights, don't think they are going anywhere.

YOU wouldn't be talking about them. But people playing cricket and soccer worldwide still are. The world is bigger than your neighborhood and what you doeveryday.

it's still a profitable company

--

FYI

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2404020

$400 million over 11 years for Adidas.

http://wweek.com/editorial/3006/4610/

$250 million over 10 years for Reebok.

Those are amounts paid to the leagues by the brands for exclusive rights.

Back
Top Bottom