Will Smith Producing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot

Will, Carlton, and Uncle Phil were the most important characters on the show. Everyone else was just there to set will up for one liners or facilitate a storyline.

Never gave a damn about what anyone else was doing besides them 3.

Except G, G could hold his own with the one liners. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I bet 3j and Richie was fighting for screentime and they forced old *** Richie out. Was nice seeing him in Vampire Diaries. Happy to see black actors working

richie been a main cast member on the soap opera the young and the restless for over a decade now. so is laura winslows fine *** friend

og aunt viv went hard :lol:

i love it

will smith did her so wrong

light skin aunt viv was awful. had the personailty of koala leonard

Will, Carlton, and Uncle Phil were the most important characters on the show. Everyone else was just there to set will up for one liners or facilitate a storyline.

Except G, G could hold his own with the one liners. :lol:

og aunt viv was just as important

she was that strong black mother that we grew up with. her character was strong and proud

then they fired her and dumbed down the role

if that happened in todays world people would be in an uproar

og viv should be mad though. have you seen her in anything mainstream after that? i think will smith may have black balled her from hollywood

she was that strong black mother that we grew up with. her character was strong and proud

og viv should be mad though. have you seen her in anything mainstream after that? i think will smith may have black balled her from hollywood

Funny you ask this, I just was reminded she was one of Chandler's bosses on Friends :lol:

And was on the Bernie Mac Show:
View media item 2386904

Should be mad? She unleashes ether every-time anyone brings up Will. Her problem is that she didn't understand why Will was the star and was able to do the things he was able to do. Carl from Family Matters had the same problem with Urkle but quickly got on board.

Pretty much. Fresh Prince wasn't an ensemble cast. It was Will, then to a lesser extent Carlton and Uncle phil. She was looking at it like she was an equal star.

In her interviews she brings up 2 instances. Asically which she didn't like. When negotiations came up, Will wouldn't advocate a raise for everybody else. And the other is that Will would tell jokes to the audience before the show and he would say "your so black etc" jokes

Here's the quote

Hubert's video message continued yesterday: "I seem to recall, twenty-maybe-six, -seven years go—25, whatever it was—I don't even remember. I seem to remember at option time coming to you and saying, 'You know what, Will? You're the star of the show. Why don't we all get together and, with you, maybe we could get a little raise? Maybe the network since the show is, you know, such a hit and you being the star of the show, your influence would help us greatly, like they did on Friends. Like white shows do!' Remember that? Do you remember that, 'cause I do. Mmm.

"And your response to me was, 'My deal is my deal and y'all's deal is y'all's deal. Well karma must be a ***** because now here you are."

Here where? This ***** is one of the biggest stars in the world lol

The cold part about it is she went on to have a career its not like she was blackballed. Plus ain't like new viv became some huge star. I Dont quite know what she wants from outta this situation after all this time

Pretty much. Fresh Prince wasn't an ensemble cast. It was Will, then to a lesser extent Carlton and Uncle phil. She was looking at it like she was an equal star.

In her interviews she brings up 2 instances. Asically which she didn't like. When negotiations came up, Will wouldn't advocate a raise for everybody else. And the other is that Will would tell jokes to the audience before the show and he would say "your so black etc" jokes

Here's the quote

Hubert's video message continued yesterday: "I seem to recall, twenty-maybe-six, -seven years go—25, whatever it was—I don't even remember. I seem to remember at option time coming to you and saying, 'You know what, Will? You're the star of the show. Why don't we all get together and, with you, maybe we could get a little raise? Maybe the network since the show is, you know, such a hit and you being the star of the show, your influence would help us greatly, like they did on Friends. Like white shows do!' Remember that? Do you remember that, 'cause I do. Mmm.

"And your response to me was, 'My deal is my deal and y'all's deal is y'all's deal. Well karma must be a ***** because now here you are."

That doesnt make sense because friends started in 94 and Janet Hubert (the first Aunt Viv) was kicked off Fresh Prince in '93. So wtf is she talkin bout?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom