Will we ever see the entertaining NFL star again? Vol. I miss the TO, Moss, Ocho, Sapp, Deion, Irvin

Lunden

formerly pleasesaythebaby23
Me and the roommates was lookin back at the time when we was growing up watching Michael Irvin & Deion trash talk and just be entertaining on and off the field :smokin

TO may have had his ways but the Celebrations and the trash talk and interviews was classic! Same can be said for Ocho, Moss, & Steve Smith

Shannon Sharpe always was a character that was must see TV

and the Warren Sapp days was :smokin

lookin at the NFL today its seems like we dont have that anymore.....

do you think we will ever see those days again?

Of course.

BTW, I agree with everyone you named being entertaining except Owens. Owens was a DBag who turned teammates against each other.

Of course.
BTW, I agree with everyone you named being entertaining except Owens. Owens was a DBag who turned teammates against each other.
Technically everyone dude named are sort of D-bags and that's part of what made them entertaining. 

I dont think so. It cant happen because players being that way will only lead to fines and eventually more harsh sanctions. Players are coming in being told to curb their attitudes and personalities. It honestly is another example of the "No Fun League" RIP good TD celbrations.

I dont think so. It cant happen because players being that way will only lead to fines and eventually more harsh sanctions. Players are coming in being told to curb their attitudes and personalities. It honestly is another example of the "No Fun League" RIP good TD celbrations.
TRUUU

frown.gif

I feel bad for the Gen Z'ers.  Irvin, Prime, Moss in his heyday >

Anybody got the video to Deion in his NFL Draft interview?

That was classic!!!!!

Who remembers the Ocho Cinco interview wit the list where he would check off DBs he beat or scored on

Last edited:
There's a big different in "entertainment" to me with these dudes.

Deion, Irvin, Sapp, etc played that way and they were nasty because of it.

T.O., and Chad and the other newer knuckleheads did what they did for attention because they were insecure attention ******. They would rather "look good and lose than look bad and win."

Those older cats were there to win, period. And they did. I think the NFL is better off w/o the knuckleheads and if that makes the league "No Fun" then so be it (IMO).

Last edited:

T.O., and Chad and the other newer knuckleheads did what they did for attention because they were insecure attention ******. They would rather "look good and win than look bad and lose."

Those older cats were there to win, period. And they did. I think the NFL is better off w/o the knuckleheads and if that makes the league "No Fun" then so be it (IMO).

how'd you make that judgement?

anyways, no we'll never see guys like that again. the league is anti outspoken players. that's why guys who make noise get blackballed. there's no doubt in my mind that chad johnson and TO are still better than some receivers in the league right now, teams just don't want to deal with the media that will surround them

T.O., and Chad and the other newer knuckleheads did what they did for attention because they were insecure attention ******. They would rather "look good and win than look bad and lose."

T.O. the catch 2?

on the field T.O. was a good as it gets as a teammate! Name how many WR you see blocking on EVERY run play even if the ball isnt goin to that side

Every dude I named produced on the field more then your average NFL player

and who likes to lose?

T.O., and Chad and the other newer knuckleheads did what they did for attention because they were insecure attention ******. They would rather "look good and lose than look bad and win."

Yeah, I think OP and others are getting things blurred. Irvin, Deion, and Moss were entertaining mainly because of their play or the flash they displayed because of their playmaking ability. There platform was because they were a big part of a winning team not because they demanded attention via props.

T.O. and Ocho's antics carried over to the sidelines, off the field, and props became apart of their schtick.

Yeah, I think OP and others are getting things blurred. Irvin, Deion, and Moss were entertaining mainly because of their play or the flash they displayed because of their playmaking ability. There platform was because they were a big part of a winning team not because they demanded attention via props.
T.O. and Ocho's antics carried over to the sidelines, off the field, and props became apart of their schtick.
How tho?

This is the classic "winners/losers" perception in Sports that's unfair. Irvin, Deion, and Moss weren't considered entertaining because of their off the filed acts too?

prime.jpg

0.jpg

Realized I didn't answer OP's post either. But I think we will. No matter how hard Goddell wants to give the NFL a Good Ol Boy image.

There'll always be extroverted dudes who will be known for their antics. Look at Stevie Johnson.

T.O. the catch 2?

on the field T.O. was a good as it gets as a teammate! Name how many WR you see blocking on EVERY run play even if the ball isnt goin to that side

Every dude I named produced on the field more then your average NFL player

and who likes to lose?

I didn't say anyone likes to lose nor did I say they couldn't play on the field.

Each of us can look at it however you want, that's why I said it was in my opinion. I'm old enough to have watched a lot of these old guys and I know the (big) difference between the generations.

Perhaps they were all entertaining in their own way, or made the league "more fun." For sure.

But there is ZERO doubt in my mind, backing up what I said previously, that Chad Johnson and these other tools would take 100 yds and 2 scores (and the team loses though) then a team win and they didn't do much. That to me is a big difference when we are talking entertainment. I will take most those older louder players because they did it as a way to play and win and dominate. They didn't do it to get on Top 10 or Twitter or have the world talk about them to further their own personal agendas that exist outside of the sport they play. That isn't really entertaining to me IMO.

Just my .02

I didn't say anyone likes to lose nor did I say they couldn't play on the field.
Each of us can look at it however you want, that's why I said it was in my opinion. I'm old enough to have watched a lot of these old guys and I know the (big) difference between the generations.
Perhaps they were all entertaining in their own way, or made the league "more fun." For sure.
But there is ZERO doubt in my mind, backing up what I said previously, that Chad Johnson and these other tools would take 100 yds and 2 scores (and the team loses though) then a team win and they didn't do much. That to me is a big difference when we are talking entertainment. I will take most those older louder players because they did it as a way to play and win and dominate. They didn't do it to get on Top 10 or Twitter or have the world talk about them to further their own personal agendas that exist outside of the sport they play. That isn't really entertaining to me IMO.
Just my .02

so you telling me Ocho last year woulda took a touchdown in the Super Bowl over the Patriots and him getting a ring?

I highly doubt that if you asked him that

same thing can be said for TO in the Eagles super bowl

I think both players would say ill take 0 catches in the big game and a ring then to have 2 TDs 150 yards and some YAC in the big game and NO RING!

Im sure we'll see players like that again... Probably just not on the same level with the way the leagues rules are set up.

A lot of entertaining flashbacks looking at those names, though :lol: :pimp:

Not trying to throw shots, I sense  older heads with words like "knuckleheads" Reminds me of Charles Barkley lol T.O. in his early days was far from what he became. And even though at times it seemed over-bearing. I'm sure the same was felt when Deion did what he did (Pics above of OFF-field antics as well) You also have to think, with technology what it is now, It's easier to access your favorite players off the field life and the media is wayyyyyyyyyy more into a star's life on and off the field nowadays. 

That term "No Fun League" is about right 
roll.gif
  Seems they want everyone to have the demeanor/lifestyle of a stereotypical QB. How much do you hear about Tom Brady that is bad?

Back
Top Bottom