laugh.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

REALLY REGULAR

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

aint nobody give a damn about rebounding at the point guard position 
laugh.gif
Interesting point. While it is nice to have, I don't think a rebounding difference should be heavily factored into the equation. That is like me picking one female over another because she knows how to do her own oil change. Not really an important facet of the game.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif
Interesting point. While it is nice to have, I don't think a rebounding difference should be heavily factored into the equation. That is like me picking one female over another because she knows how to do her own oil change. Not really an important facet of the game.
Rebounding is an important defensive stat. Defensive rebounding for a PG is huge actually, considering the same player can now start the fast break without having to wait for his teammate to pass him the ball first.   

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

I still think it's Chris Paul, when he's healthy, but seeing that he's been injured all season, I can't argue with the man

QFT

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

It's still...

chris_paul.jpg

But people have short term memory when it comes to sports so I really can't wait for CP3 to stop all this talk next season.

They sure do. He's only been gone fore a few months and everyone forgot about him. Deron has a better team anyways. 

laugh.gif
Rebounding isn't an important facet huh? I am amazed at some of the junk I read on here sometimes. Great PG's like Magic, Isiah, Kidd were great rebounders. Averaging close to a triple-double is damn good, period.

Paul's defense is amazing? Rebounding isnt important?

What makes Jkidd so good if rebounding isnt so good? he cant hit a jumpshot to save his life, all he can do is pass. what separates him? REBOUNDING.

People are sleeping on Rondo hard....

Part of the reason as to why the big 3 was so effective was because they had a true playmaker who can delegate the scoring distribution between them. With Rondo handling the playmaking, PP, Ray and KG had less work to do when it came to scoring, because Rondo can get the ball to them in their preferred spots.

Even with Rondo's lack of range, teams will still collapse on him because he's very fast and will get to the rim with just a small amount of space. He can get players easy shots off of that alone, and from what I've seen, he's developed a nice little floater for when he gets into the lane.

Ya'll are funny. When people talk about Rose's positives, one of the first things they mention is his rebounding at the PG spot. Bring it up for Rondo and it's nothing worth mentioning.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Part of the reason as to why the big 3 was so effective was because they had a true playmaker who can delegate the scoring distribution between them. With Rondo handling the playmaking, PP, Ray and KG had less work to do when it came to scoring, because Rondo can get the ball to them in their preferred spots.

Even with Rondo's lack of range, teams will still collapse on him because he's very fast and will get to the rim with just a small amount of space. He can get players easy shots off of that alone, and from what I've seen, he's developed a nice little floater for when he gets into the lane.

Ya'll are funny. When people talk about Rose's positives, one of the first things they mention is his rebounding at the PG spot. Bring it up for Rondo and it's nothing worth mentioning.

I think Rose would be able to do the same things Rondo could if he were on the Celtics, except play defense of course. Neither of them are great shooters, and Rose is much better at getting to the rim and finishing. Rose took the Celtics to 7 games last season with far less talent, could Rondo do the same?

Rose's ceiling is higher than Rondo's in everything.  Including defense.  When he wants to stop a player he can.  Remember the last time the bulls and celtics played?  Rose had 3 blocks, all on Rondo.  Rondo had like what, 9-10pts that game?  And Rose would've had a 4th (he ran down Ray Allen's layup attempt but they called the foul
sick.gif
).  The only thing with him is, can he do it consistently? 

Rose just needs more defensive awareness and has to do a better job of fighting through picks.  That's his biggest weakness IMO, guarding a pick and roll.  But I feel he has been doing a better job of guarding the pick and roll towards the end of the season and did a slightly decent job during the Cavs series. 

If he can continue to build on that and do a better job of not straying too far from shooters (when he's trying to help on the ballhandler), that will fix like 85 percent of his defensive problems. 

The other 15 percent is when he has to guard players as quick as he is (ej. Devin Harris).  But honestly, almost every NBA player has that sort of problem. 

If you put Rose on the Celtics he would be a monster on defense.  The Celtic's defensive coach wouldn't settle for anything less. 

Rose can learn to play better defense.  Maybe Rondo will still end up being the better defender, but Rose will definitely close the gap to where Rose will undoubtedly be the better overal player. 

But Rondo has pretty much hit his ceiling on offense.  He'll have some good scoring nights but you'll never be able to count on Rondo carrying an offense like Rose can. 

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

I think Rose would be able to do the same things Rondo could if he were on the Celtics, except play defense of course. Neither of them are great shooters, and Rose is much better at getting to the rim and finishing. Rose took the Celtics to 7 games last season with far less talent, could Rondo do the same?
Rose can do the same because he's a threat to score, but his court vision isn't on par with Rondo's. Rondo couldn't carry the Bulls the way Rose would because he isn't a scorer, he's a pass first PG. But let's not act like the Celtics weren't missing KG. That's probably the biggest reason why the series went 7 games in the first place, the playing field had been evened out.

Rose is an uncanny scoring talent with a ton of potential, but you can't just dismiss a player who's a threat for a triple double on most nights.

Great point guards make their teammates better. Derrick Rose has plenty of talent around him (Deng, Noah, Hinrich, and Gibson). So can we please stop with these Derrick Rose has nothing bs? Derrick is good but he won't be great until he starts making his teammates look good.

Rondo made the Celtics great during that playoff run. He ran the floor and has done much more than he had been asked too do. He is continuing too be a top point guard in the NBA. Rondo is a brilliant point guard, he has excellent ball vision and defense. He can explode to the basket and is improving on that mid range jump shot. Rondo is a GREAT point guard in the league.

Everybody is sleeping on Russell Westbrook too. Russel>Rose

Seriously, if your starting a team right now. You're out of your dam MIND if you take Rondo over Rose right now.
And im talking about who has a brighter future who would you rather pick.

ROSE > RONDO right now. This argument is horrendous. But i can see most people backing up Rondo are biased so whatevs.

Rose vs Rondo

Explosive PG vs Distributor

20 + 6 vs 14 + 10 is pretty much a wash.

Just depends on which style u prefer, or the make up of the team.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Rose vs Rondo

Explosive PG vs Distributor

20 + 6 vs 14 + 10 is pretty much a wash.

Just depends on which style u prefer, or the make up of the team.

Exactly. The Bulls and Celtics require different things out of their point guards. Rose would NOT do better on the Celtics then Rondo is doing right now.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
Rebounding is an important defensive stat. Defensive rebounding for a PG is huge actually, considering the same player can now start the fast break without having to wait for his teammate to pass him the ball first.   
The last time I checked you can cover more ground by passing the ball than by dribbling. If I'm running a fast-break system, I don't want my point guard in the paint trying to get a rebound, I want him by the three-point line waiting for the outlet.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
The last time I checked you can cover more ground by passing the ball than by dribbling. If I'm running a fast-break system, I don't want my point guard in the paint trying to get a rebound, I want him by the three-point line waiting for the outlet.
End of the day, rebounding is still an important defensive stat. Secondly, having a PG rebound the ball eliminates the possibility of a C trying to start fast break by passing the ball out and then getting picked. Not every big man can pass like Kevin Love out there. You almost make it sound like its bad for a PG to rebound the ball...  

Back
Top Bottom