Willie Hutch - I Choose You . . . simply beautiful

I'd be willing to bet that this song caused more love making than any Barry White track you can think of, it's that special. You probably know it asthe song sampled in the Outkast/UGK song, but before that it was probably the most prominent song featured in "The Mack"(I don't mean to soundelitist or anything, I was just lucky enough to have seen the Mack 5-6 years ago and this song stuck with me).

Anyway, I'm continually amzed at how beautiful this song sounds no matter how many times I hear it, and I personally think that "The Mack"wouldn't be the same without Willie Hutch doing the soundtrack, and this song in particular. Sometimes I almost feel like crying wishing I could have grownup in an era that produced music like this . . . enjoy.

The original :

. . and the song used in the film, though this isn't the best part that it's used in . .

0073145303892_500X500.jpg

250%20Willie%20Hutch.jpg

williehutch2.jpg

R.I.P. to Mr. Hutch, a truly underrated music genius.

YO! Mayn... I've played this at the gas pump, windows down so many times. And drove away like
pimp.gif

DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! Mayn... I've played this at the gas pump, windows down so many times. And drove away like
pimp.gif

DF!!!

I might do that if I weren't a 6'6" 190 white kid who drove the same mini-van that his parents gave him in high school . .
Originally Posted by PoLo Sport NYC

damn homie stole that song from Jaheim...damn shame

I don't follow you . .

Yes, this is that joint....good stuff.

On a side note, UGK did this track right.

One of my all time favorites. There are so many little moments in this song that I just love.

YO!

Black Heat
pimp.gif

Never knew they had a version. Is that on Gangster Love? I have that album somewhere.

DF!!!

The Mack is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. So many classic mannerisms and catchphrases originated fromthat movie. Willie Hutch created a masterpiece with that record...along with damn near every other track he put out.

Max Julien will FOREVER be that dude in my book.

"Now you know the rules to the game...yo' b*tch chose me...."--Max Julien

when I heard Jaheim sing this..asked my mom where the sample came from

been on my iPod oldies playlist ever since

Tight song but it AINT NO WAY NEAR ANY BARRY WHITE STUFF. Barry played damn near every instrument on his records as well as did all the arrangements.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Tight song but it AINT NO WAY NEAR ANY BARRY WHITE STUFF. Barry played damn near every instrument on his records as well as did all the arrangements.
the !%$@ does that have to do with this thread?

Back
Top Bottom