Willie Revillame apologizes for Cory remark

Willie Revillame apologizes for Cory remark

MANILA, Philippines-Controversial noontime TV show host Willie Revillame found himself in the hot seat again on Monday, beset by furious comments frombloggers and social networking websites. The reason: He objected, on air, to the insertion of a video of former President Corazon Aquino's cortege on hisshow, "Wowowee."

"It's the most insensitive thing I heard today," read a comment posted on Facebook. "Iba ka talaga Willie. Kakaibang paggalang kay Cory'yan," said another.

"He should raise the issue behind the scenes ... but I guess that's too much to ask [of someone] who hurts women, exploits poor people'sstories ...," another Revillame detractor said.

On Tuesday, Revillame apologized to his viewers, to the Aquino family and to the network (ABS-CBN) management "for hurting their feelings." Headded that his request to stop the inserted video was really "a sign of love and respect for Tita Cory."

"Salamat, President Cory," which aired on Monday, was the special coverage of the transfer of Aquino's remains from the La Salle Green Hillsgym in Mandaluyong City to the Manila Cathedral in Intramuros.

The TV special was cut shortly after the cortege reached the Ninoy Aquino Shrine in Makati City, to give way to the live telecast of "Wowowee."When the noontime show started airing, ABS-CBN inserted a portion of the Aquino cortege.

During the show's "Willie of Fortune" segment, Revillame said: "'Di po maganda. Nagsasaya kami dito habang nagluluksa ang sambayanangPilipino. 'Di ko magagampanan ang pagpapatawa habang ipinapakita ang libing ng dating presidente." ("It's not good for us to have fun herewhile the whole country grieves. I cannot make people laugh at the same time that this part of the funeral of our former president is being shown.")

When Revillame's reaction found its way to YouTube, it was met with a huge wave of negative reactions.

On Tuesday, Revillame explained: "Ang feeling ko hindi magandang ipinapakita 'yon habang kami'y nagsasaya. 'Wag kayong magagalit sa akin... " He said he was willing to give way to the airing of the TV special, but that his bosses instructed him to do the show live.

Prior to asking to have the inserted video removed, Revillame said, he had made the same appeal to Entertainment Production head Linggit Tan during acommercial break: "When it was showed again, that's when I reacted."

Inquirer Entertainment tried to reach Tan for a reaction, but she declined to comment.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

boycott wowowie and fired Willie Revillame for his attitude

hindi ba alam ni willie na si cory nagsauli ng abscbn sa mga lopez? tsk yabang kasi tapos magaapologize galing naman sa ilong

he needs to be humble this guy is just to much. i dont even know why his show is still going after the ultra tragedy. willie has no respect at all.

However you look at it, the delivery of the message was offensive. I cannot judge Willie's remarks or motives but that's a definite NO-NO for a highlyrevered TV personality who is looked up to by millions of Filipinos.

If I were Willie, I would take a voluntary leave of absence without pay as a sign of sincerity for my apology.

What i also hate is he is fond of embarrassing his staff during on cam, which is of course not right...

Willie's always been that way. What's else is new?
eyes.gif

Kaso nga lang, it's our former President's funeral that was happening.

Hirap kasi, ayaw masapawan.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Air Marvin

What i also hate is he is fond of embarrassing his staff during on cam, which is of course not right...
^Co sign.

Why not do it off the air.
smh.gif

I understand what Willie was saying, I really think its inappropriate to air Pres. Cory's cortege while they are having fun at Wowowee.. What's wrongwas doing it on-the-air he should've at least waited for a commercial break to tell it to his staff..

But knowing Willie, he is fond of scolding his staff while he is doing the show.. Masyadong nakakadegrade eh, parang pinaglilihian nga niya dati ung si Eric baun? Lagi niya pinupuna, I think he's been removed from the show..

he wants the people to only watch him and not president cory.....
smh.gif
kung matinolang sana ang coverage ng gma7 dun na lang ako...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jayzprieto23

he needs to be humble this guy is just to much. i dont even know why his show is still going after the ultra tragedy. willie has no respect at all.

^ co-sign, willie = no respect
smh.gif

Originally Posted by melo15fan

I understand what Willie was saying, I really think its inappropriate to air Pres. Cory's cortege while they are having fun at Wowowee.. What's wrong was doing it on-the-air he should've at least waited for a commercial break to tell it to his staff..

But knowing Willie, he is fond of scolding his staff while he is doing the show.. Masyadong nakakadegrade eh, parang pinaglilihian nga niya dati ung si Eric ba un? Lagi niya pinupuna, I think he's been removed from the show..
True. Willie has a point but he should have done it off-cam
smh.gif

Originally Posted by niophyte0430

Originally Posted by melo15fan

I understand what Willie was saying, I really think its inappropriate to air Pres. Cory's cortege while they are having fun at Wowowee.. What's wrong was doing it on-the-air he should've at least waited for a commercial break to tell it to his staff..

But knowing Willie, he is fond of scolding his staff while he is doing the show.. Masyadong nakakadegrade eh, parang pinaglilihian nga niya dati ung si Eric ba un? Lagi niya pinupuna, I think he's been removed from the show..
True. Willie has a point but he should have done it off-cam
smh.gif
i agree.....

Willie who? haha I don't like him and his show...
Mayabang!

It's just a cycle.. he knows that he could always say sorry after doing something bad ... mga Filipinos kasi madaling magpatawad
smile.gif
hehe

For some reason, Willie isn't on Wowowee today.. nagpapalamig muna siguro dahil sa mga issues... hehehe..

willie = total dbag. nakapgtataka daming pa ding nauutong tfc subscribers
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom